Forum Name: Men's 360 Waves - Part II
Forum Description: About 360 Waves
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=33730
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 1:41pm

Topic: ONE LITTLE QUESTION
Posted By: baller05
Subject: ONE LITTLE QUESTION
Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 9:34pm
do ya rock durags outside(parties or clubs)?? dont see the point if u got waves... but people still do it..i didnt brush all that time to durag my hair...i put on lets jam and lets every one see my waves

Replies:
Posted By: 360spinna
Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 9:47pm
i do but i'm usually wearing a fitted over it.

-------------

Posted By: LIL J
Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 10:12pm
naw playa dont wear yo durag out to parties u want the hoes and the hatting niccas to see u spinning homie

-------------
homie if u keep on brushing you will be spinning lyke twista

Posted By: THECHOSEN1
Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 10:28pm
yea not really i usally apply lets jam

-------------
waveing is mental a barrier u must over come

Posted By: sjay
Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 10:45pm
wearing du rags to parties n stuff is done by alotta ppl. a dude without waves can rock a du rag. thas y i let every1 see my waves (hard work and progression). im not tryin to hide mine, and i dont wanna fit in wit the crowd. i wanna stand out.

-------------

Posted By: LIL J
Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 10:58pm
HECKS YEA ME TWO I NEVER WEAR A RAG OUT I WANT THEM HOES SEEING MY WAVES AND THE HATTING ASS NICCAS

-------------
homie if u keep on brushing you will be spinning lyke twista

Date Posted: August 03 2005 at 11:57pm
I don't know what clubs yall go to(maybe there's a big age gap between me and yall) but in the clubs in NJ it is very dim/dark, so no matter how much ya spinnin you can't really see the waves.

I'm a lil older than some of you and From my experience, mature adult men don't hate on another brother's waves/hair at all, and women aren't getting sprung on a dude cause he got nice waves, That's more common in GS/HS.

-------------

Posted By: JordanCollecta
Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 12:02pm
hahahahaha. true dat. when i go to parties n $hit i usally wear a fitted or head band

-------------
It aint me, its my jewlery thats pissed off

Posted By: BIGGMike
Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 12:29pm
Not in public do I ever where a rag. I'm too old and judged too hard by others to wear a rag or cap in public.

-------------
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!

Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 10:01pm
yeah, i wouldnt wear a du rag in public ne where. whether it be a party/club or a supermarket. i think it looks unpresentable and i cant have all the eyes of strangers on me who stereotype. but yeah 360, im in HS, so it works for me...

-------------

Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by sjay sjay wrote:

yeah, i wouldnt wear a du rag in public ne where. whether it be a party/club or a supermarket. i think it looks unpresentable and i cant have all the eyes of strangers on me who stereotype. but yeah 360, im in HS, so it works for me...

where the heck you live? just by being a black  your gonna be stereotyped

if your wearing a suit with your du-rag or dressed conservative with a du-rag on, then yeah that is "unpresentable". but if your into urban fashion then its acceptable cause if you look at the videos or go to a urban fashion showcase your gonna see it.

since most of yall wont wear a durag out what do you do when your having a bad hair day and you haven't had a cut in a month or so? i know im not the only one that try to let their hair grow out for a month or 2 to get their waves deeper.

-------------

Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 11:06pm
thas the problem. i dont wanna look like the guys in videos.. most of them set bad examples that play into the stereotype itself. around here, we dont have urban showcases, and not every1 is all hood like or w/e. we have a wide variety of diff ppl from diff backgrounds. ppl wit du rags are stereotype as well as ppl wit chains n stuff are labeled goths, or guys wit trucker hats are labeled rednecks. if im already gonna be stereotyped by bein black, y should i add to the stereotype by playin into it?...

-------------

Posted By: Rence119
Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 11:21pm
i just throw my durag on without tying it and throw on my fitted plain and simple

-------------
We will always remeber you MJ u are the greatest.

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
1st in career ppg at 30.1
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:17am
I knew you were gonna say that, I knew it....

Well any way whether your adding to the stereotype or not these ignorant people that live amonst us will still have the same perception of us.

Dude I not trying to get into a debate with you...hahaha    we can keep it moving...........360spinna---->OUT

-------------

Posted By: Thats Riiiiiite
Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 7:02am

mayne f dat if I need to wear one while im in the public then ima wear one people can judge me all they want cause they dont know me n I dont give a damn what they think but I bet they wont say or do ne thing to me doe so I say uck it

-------------

Posted By: gotwaves740
Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:24pm
if you got some nice 360s then y would you wear a durag?  i'd rather have ppl see my waves anyway.  like sjay and biggmike said, you're just playin into the stereotype of the black guys you see in videos and stuff. 

-------------
Got them waves so serious, it make dudes delirious

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:44pm
mayne whateva what if I I just put my durag on afta doin my meth n lets say I had to goto the store u tellin me I shouldnt wear it just cause we as black people should stay away from the stereotype. Look im wearin a durag for a porpose iight not to look cool or whateva n as long a u know that who cares what others think. Yall just worried about lookin bad in front of others SMH

-------------

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:46pm
well i guess thats different but im talkin about u wearing a durag just to wear it.  not because u need to

-------------

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:59pm
hummm i feel a war is bout to start

**sits down and eats popcorn**

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 1:00pm
^^^^no war im just sayin. iight then but theres no point for that cause we tryina show off r waves but none of yall said that if u needed to wear on that u would like spinna said what if ya wolfin ya hair out n ya ish aint lookin good what cha gon do then, u dont wanna look like the stereotype so u gon have a nappy head den?  not me

-------------

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by 360spinna 360spinna wrote:

since most of yall wont wear a durag out what do you do when your having a bad hair day and you haven't had a cut in a month or so? i know im not the only one that try to let their hair grow out for a month or 2 to get their waves deeper.

**SILENTLY WAITS TO SEE IF ANY OF THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T WEAR DU-RAGS OUTSIDE WILL ANSWER MY QUESTION**

-------------

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 2:46pm
haha, this is crazy. if u knew i was gonna say that, u should have adressed ur comment differently.... or maybe u were hoping that i would say that. but newayz, u gotta do wut u gotta do. sum ppl do try out new meths or w/e, and have to go out in public. but me personally, i wouldnt wear one in public. if my hair was nappy and was lettin it grow out. i would jes edge myself up, brush it as good as i can, and walk out. or jes wear a hat. ur never FORCED to wear a du rag so du raggin isnt the only option u have when u go out in public.

-------------

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 2:53pm

Well any way whether your adding to the stereotype or not these ignorant people that live amonst us will still have the same perception of us. OUT

nice, but i believe if a handfull of ppl including MLKjr can change the perception of millions about racism, after a while, we may also change the perception of a black man in society in the eyes of whites within time. (there are alot of ignorant ppl tho that will be stuck in their ways)

-------------

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 3:04pm

Originally posted by Thats Riiiiiite Thats Riiiiiite wrote:

Yall just worried about lookin bad in front of others 

shouldnt we???

-------------

Posted By: realvicious
Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 3:18pm
I learned to cut my own hair.  Edge up and all that other stuff.  I know a lot of people don't like the way a barber cut so learn to do it yourself.  YOu  worked hard on those spinning.....SHOW THOSE SPINNAS.  Just make sure you stay young fresh to def and pop tags.

-------------
It is always about business
King of ATL BABY

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 5:10pm

Yep, some white people read what so call Black MEN say and do and judge everybody the same. I'm not ignorant or willing to document my foolish morals on a website that racist and perverts read daily. 

MLK had a dream and now some people have forgotten the dream and make ALL Black MEN look stupid.  Some of use still have enough pride to Wake up and feel ashamed.

People are judged by how they look and carry themselves on the internet and in public. Some Black men are not willing to see this and keep making everybody look bad.

White people and everybody else is Watching and developing an oppinion about Black MEN who claim have pride.

-------------
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 5:38pm

^co-sign

-------------

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 7:12pm

Originally posted by Thats Riiiiiite Thats Riiiiiite wrote:

Yall just worried about lookin bad in front of others 

shouldnt we???

if u have pride n u self n have a positive self esteem about urself no matter how u look u should have to worry about what people say about u mayne. im not sayin u should look like a bum but if i need to wear a durag mayne ima wear one u fell me

-------------

Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 7:19pm
i do agree wit u thats riiiiiight to a certain extent. but under certain circumstances, u should worry about wut other ppl are sayin about u. i wouldnt put myself in that position and i have enough pride not to. u do wut u do. yeah, i feel ya tho.

-------------

Date Posted: August 06 2005 at 4:45pm
look you could always wear a hat like sjay said and maybe a wave cap underneath but u never really have to wear a durag in public.  besides, i look better with 360 waves than with a durag anyway so i just dont wear them in public

-------------

Date Posted: August 06 2005 at 6:06pm
alright this topic is getting out of hand

Date Posted: August 06 2005 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by baller05 baller05 wrote:

i'll take the blame for that

-------------

Posted By: Chi-Town_Boy
Date Posted: August 06 2005 at 10:16pm
I wear durags 2 parties n clubs because my head don't have waves fully?

-------------
Making A Big Comeback New Pics Coming Soon

Date Posted: August 06 2005 at 10:41pm

it's nobody's fault. i personally thought it was a good topic and was really sumthin that should have been talked about... and i enjoyed hearing every1's point of view. it got ppl thinking and brought self awareness to the role of black men in society to every1.

-------------

Date Posted: August 07 2005 at 10:18am
yea maybe we should leave it alone now

-------------

Date Posted: August 07 2005 at 1:00pm
^^ c/s

Date Posted: August 10 2005 at 11:20am

thas the problem. i dont wanna look like the guys in videos.. most of them set bad examples that play into the stereotype itself. around here, we dont have urban showcases, and not every1 is all hood like or w/e. we have a wide variety of diff ppl from diff backgrounds. ppl wit du rags are stereotype as well as ppl wit chains n stuff are labeled goths, or guys wit trucker hats are labeled rednecks. if im already gonna be stereotyped by bein black, y should i add to the stereotype by playin into it?...

Sjay, you are a smart brother. I admire you for how you carry yourself. This is what I'm talking about people. We have to start somewhere. This is really good thinking. MTV and BET Videos is not the way we should pattern ouselves. It's TV and not reality. It's hard to get a job if you look like the Gangsta in the Video who sell drugs and chase hoes. They don't want you in their office or around their daughters.

You have to admit, TV enfluences everybody. We all sterotype people based on what we see and hear. Morals should be your guide in life not TV or rappers. I like rap as much as anyone, but rap don't pay my bills, I do. And we have to get a job and be around people with different cultures who don't agree with the morals and values of the younger generation (crack babies, fatherless kids, following videos, watching too much TV, and playing too many video games instead of getting physical training outside the house). People of different cultures look down on this. They say this is why Black people are all dieing off and can't get jobs because of what they value as important.  We know that there are other reasons for our people dieing off, but we can't deny the bad values and morals of our generation. We can blame it on that or this but we still have a choice too. "Sjay is right on point brothers, it's time to see the light".

-------------

Date Posted: August 10 2005 at 11:28am

it's nobody's fault. i personally thought it was a good topic and was really sumthin that should have been talked about... and i enjoyed hearing every1's point of view. it got ppl thinking and brought self awareness to the role of black men in society to every1.

This is one of the topics that we need to talk about. Nothing is getting out of hand Spinna. This is a good topic that I envite everybody to think about. We as brother need to discuss these issues because the type of WORK and money you will make determines the quality of life you will live. Poor, ghetto and fresh or medium to upper medium class to elite class. How you carry yourself and how people see you determines if they want to give you a job and give you a chance. Why do you think so many sistas straighten thier hair and bleach their skin or put make up on? To be accepted by white people and others. They don't accept Black Men, like we are. They say we are too Black and too Strong.

-------------

Date Posted: August 10 2005 at 11:39am
I didn't say it was getting out of hand,

-------------

Posted By: realvicious
Date Posted: August 10 2005 at 11:48am
RIGHT ON!  BIG MIKE

-------------
It is always about business
King of ATL BABY

Date Posted: August 10 2005 at 12:26pm
thanx BIGGMike

-------------

Posted By: postaboy
Date Posted: September 02 2005 at 2:00am

Yo 360 spin ,,, where u live at in nj?

-------------
yeahI be brushing my waves frontandback to sideways/rolling blunts backto back but never tippingsideways/i be from NewYork the place niggas getpaid/5grand on my rist,20grand to my wip/shout outto125th

Date Posted: September 02 2005 at 7:12am
NEWARK, NJ

-------------

Posted By: gatorstompin
Date Posted: September 02 2005 at 5:57pm

**SILENTLY WAITS TO SEE IF ANY OF THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T WEAR DU-RAGS OUTSIDE WILL ANSWER MY QUESTION**

i don't wear a durag in public cuz i want people to know i groom myself better than they do.  i don't cut my own hair but i do keep a set of sharp clippers to keep my lines fresh especially right before i go out.  if im having a bad hair day, i just say "i'm having a bad hair day".  but my head still look better than most.

-------------
The world is mine.

Print Page | Close Window