Print Page | Close Window

Hair Extensions in Northern Virginia

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=33756
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 3:45pm

Topic: Hair Extensions in Northern Virginia
Posted By: Kristin1474
Subject: Hair Extensions in Northern Virginia
Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 1:39pm

Hi Everyone!  I’m new to the HairTalk Message Board.  I recently moved to the Northern Virginia area (Ashburn, VA) and I have been trying to find someone who does quality hair extensions in the area.

I finally found a salon in my area that offered both Great Lengths & So. Cap.  Long story short, I walked out after finding it was going to cost almost $1500 for So. Cap & $1800 for Great Lengths--WAY too much for me!

I’ve been doing research and have heard some bad stories about GL extensions.  I used to have extensions (woven track method) back in 1994 & again in 1998; however, it was too bulky for me.  I want the strand-by-strand method this time around, but have been really hard-pressed finding someone in my area (or just anywhere in the northern VA area) that does them.  If anyone knows of someone, I would greatly appreciate it!

Kristin

PS:  Thanks for all of the great information everyone has contributed on this message board—I can find answers to almost any question I had. 

Replies:
Posted By: BirdOfEden
Date Posted: August 06 2005 at 5:29pm

Kristin,

I am in Northern Virginia.  I'm not a cosmetologist, but I have been doing my own strand by strand for over a year.  A good friend of mine is a hair stylist and does extensions (for only $800) but believe it or not, his salon manager offered to give me free hair coloring anytime I want it if I would teach them how I do MY extensions.   If you want, email me at mailto:dreamwave00@aol.com - dreamwave00@aol.com (the 00's are zeroes) and I can give you my friend's contact info at the salon, or I can do them for you. 

Posted By: Kristin1474
Date Posted: August 06 2005 at 9:02pm

Thank you so much for responding!  I had actually done a search on this message board for people in the Northern VA area and came across your name.  I shot you an e-mail the other day; however, I probably goofed on the address?!?!  I'll resend to you!

From what I have read on past posts, you really seem to know your stuff and I would be very happy to speak with you & discuss the methods you currently do; the type of extensions I was used to back in the 90's (picture Tawny Kitaen circa WHITESNAKE videos--yes, I was born & raised in NJ & loved my big hair) are MUCH different than what I am looking to have done this time.

Anyway, I'll drop you a line with my contact details.  Thanks again for your help--you have no idea how extremely frustrating it is that there are little-to-no resources for this type of work down here!!!!  You just made my day!

Thanks!

Kristin 

Print Page | Close Window