Print Page | Close Window

will weave make my hair thin?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=33771
Printed Date: June 26 2024 at 5:46am

Topic: will weave make my hair thin?
Posted By: nasie
Subject: will weave make my hair thin?
Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 11:08pm

Hello there!!!

I have been browsing the net for sites that give hair advise and I think I finally came across a site that can help. As you can tell, I am a newbie and I am looking for advise on how to grow my hair. I am getting married in a year and would like to grow as much as possible before that time. I used to have very long thick hair, but I went a bit overboard with the colouring and now its been very hard to grow it. I finally resorted to trying a hair weave (the sewn in kind) about 6 weeks ago. I don't want to make it my main hairstyle forever, but I am wondering if putting in a weave will help my grow my hair. I have heard mixed reviews on the weave, and some say that my hair may grow but be thinner in the end. Is this true????? I certainly don't want to have thin hair. Is there a way to take care of my hair so that it does grow a lot quicker with minimum thinning (I took the weave out yesterday and quite a bit of hair came out with it- more than i expected). Any kind of help or advise would be great. By the way, I guess its important to let you know my hair type- I have curly hair (my dad is indian and my mother is black- my hair is more curly than straight)

Looking foward to starting to have a healthy hair of head again!

Print Page | Close Window