Forum Name: Diet Days
Forum Description: A place for sharing ideas, tips and our daily struggles
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=33918
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 8:08am

Topic: How to gain weight.
Posted By: MBurney218
Subject: How to gain weight.
Date Posted: August 08 2005 at 10:54am

I hear so much on how to lose weight. well can anyone tell me how to gain weight? I am 5'5, 118 pounds and i wear a size 7-8 in pant size. I just want like 10 more pounds. I eat, TRUST ME i eat, but my metabolism kicks my a$$. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: August 15 2005 at 12:44am
Eat more calorie-dense food, and drink your juice and pop with full-sugar.  That way, you should be able to cram more calories into your normal amount of food and drink, so you should (theoretically) be able to gain weight without eating more.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: maos
Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 4:17pm
eat more carbs. but still exercise. and dont eat carbs as in just things with sugar in etc - lots of whole meal pasta and wholemeal bread.

Posted By: MBurney218
Date Posted: August 19 2005 at 8:00am
Thanks guys

Posted By: AmberJune
Date Posted: August 19 2005 at 5:55pm

How about notttttttttt!

Don't listen to what the other people said. (Sorry)  But what you all said was incredibly unhealthy.  Loading up on carbs and sugary soda???  --Not healthy!!

If your looking to gain weight the HEALTHY way, I suggest eating more lean protien....mostly red meats. Also, It sounds like your at a perfect weight for your height....  I'm not sure if you exercise...but if you do....try not doing as much cardio...limit that....and gradually start lifting some weights.  I promise you won't BULK UP.  It will add some very nice curves to your body.

Trust me...there is a difference between skinny and fit.  Personally, if someone called me skinny I'd be offended since I work so hard at the gym.  I'd much rather have a little bit of definition in my arms and abs...ect. 

By lifting weights...you will def gain some weight.  But it will all be a little muscle.  And we all know muscle weighs more than fat.

Personally, I am 21 yrs old / 5'5 / 125 lbs. / 19.8 % body fat

PM me if you want addition help or info!!

I hope this helps you!! 

-------------
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01

Print Page | Close Window