Print Page | Close Window

micro link stuck!!! HELP!!!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=34312
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 5:19pm

Topic: micro link stuck!!! HELP!!!
Posted By: Kimmyh51
Subject: micro link stuck!!! HELP!!!
Date Posted: August 17 2005 at 3:52am

ok i just got a sample pack of micro links and installed them all in my fringe to replace my tattered mane

was feeling pretty pleased with my effort when i noticed one was sticking out - went to take it out (like i had done with the first one i put in to make sure i could get them out)

and couldnt get itout - i farted around for ages clamping it till it was perfectly round and it was still stuck in there

now im terrified when i got to reinstll i wont be able to get any of them out - this thing is jamed in there good - i have played with it till i swear its so round it could be used as a scientific circle but it still wont come out!

Replies:
Posted By: marie87
Date Posted: August 17 2005 at 5:54am
It may be the stick hair dependig on what it is made of . But I would try a little oil of some sort whatever you have and see if that work's.

Posted By: Kymiks
Date Posted: August 17 2005 at 10:59am

Hi Kimmy

I remebered reading somewhere on here about a girl who said her extensionist told her to use a flat iron to remove hairlocs and everyone said no way it would work and she assured them that it did.  Well I too had problems with some of my extentubes being bent out of wack, so I thought "what the hell" and I tried heating the thing up and sure enough the stick hair slipped right out and it was easy to pull the ring right off after that.  Not all of the 'stuck' ones came out that easily I had to rebend them with the flat pliars first then reopen them with the grooved or toothed pliars.  I think alot of the problems people have with getting them back out are caused with using the wrong pliars to put them in.  If you use the grooved to put them in, then they won't open right, they tend to bend like a book.

Hope it helps and I do think oil would help if all else fails.

Print Page | Close Window