Print Page | Close Window

Urgent: Growing hair...need help....

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=34397
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 10:36pm

Topic: Urgent: Growing hair...need help....
Posted By: Unoriginal
Subject: Urgent: Growing hair...need help....
Date Posted: August 19 2005 at 1:16pm
ok, to start off, im an 18 year old male and im growing my hair longer....

now for some reason, everytime i shower, ALOT of hair ends up on the floor of my tub....is it hair loss? or is it normal? does everyone lose some hair when they shower?

i have been growing my hair for about 1 year and 1 month....never trimmed, anything...is that why?

also, just one more question....my hair is extremely frizzy when it dries up....so i tried perming it...didnt work. then tried some straightner thing and that worked for 1 week, then it went back to being just a little bit frizzy. now i wear a hat until it all dries up to it looks a little straight, that or blowdry it.

but is there any other way to make my hair permenantly straight?

thanks in advance. :)

Replies:
Date Posted: August 19 2005 at 2:26pm
also, im going to start working out and will be taking a Whey Protien supplement....will that affect my hair growth or will it lead to hair loss?

i'll still be taking the centrum multi-vitamen....

???

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: August 19 2005 at 3:17pm
it could be hairloss.But chances are its just hair that didnt fall off from brushing.My husband wears his hair in a ponytail for days at a time.So when he takes a shower he has all this hair that didnt get a chance to shed.Brushing hair daily helps with that.You lose alot of strands every day(which are replaced ).Hat wearers seem to lose more hair than normal too.Your scalp needs to breath.I would try to limit the how often you wear the hat.That could be a contributing factor.

-------------

Date Posted: August 20 2005 at 12:29am
eek...hairloss...im only 18 :(

i hope its not.. thanks for the help though. i dont know what i should do

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: August 20 2005 at 2:29am

Does your hair feel any thinner than normal.If not its just the shedding I mentioned before.Most people get alarmed when they actually see all the hair they have shed.But generally its nothing to worry about.

-------------

Date Posted: August 20 2005 at 11:04am
it does feel kinda thinner but thats (i think) because i put conditioner, shampoo, then conditioner again......

and my father and all of his brothers are bald.....so where does that put me?

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: August 20 2005 at 3:15pm
The perming and the straightening may have made more fall out than otherwise would.  If it was that though, you would only lose a lot of hair for a short while after you've done it (not continuing, unless its breaking off from damage - then you won't have a rootball on what comes out because it breaks off further from your head). 

I lose a lot of hair in the shower too, about 100 hairs a day is normal. 

Also, look at your mother's brothers.  The gene for hairloss runs on the mother's side, not the father's.    

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Date Posted: August 20 2005 at 5:12pm
hmmm..well when you say root ball i think its the little white dot on the end of the hair strand....

well for some reason, some of them are black...i dont know why. everyone else's is white. does that mean anything?

also, thanks alot for all of your help guys. i really do appreciate it

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: August 21 2005 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Susan W Susan W wrote:

Also, look at your mother's brothers.  The gene for hairloss runs on the mother's side, not the father's.

I've read this... but I've also read that it isn't true - that it depends on all your father and both grandfathers.  In my case this seems to hold (some thinning, but not bald).  My sister's brother, however, is quite bald, much more than his own father.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window