Print Page | Close Window

curling irons?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=34443
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 4:23pm

Topic: curling irons?
Posted By: crazylady
Subject: curling irons?
Date Posted: August 20 2005 at 12:30pm
hi everyone i was just wondering if it is worse to use a curling iron or blow dry. i have been trying my hardest to not do any thing with heat to my hair, but once in a while i have to do something to make it manageable. like if i'm going out, or if its humid. so is it worse to blow dry it, or just curl it ? i know they are both bad for your hair, but which is the lesser of two evils? thanks for your help.

Replies:
Posted By: Tyranna
Date Posted: August 20 2005 at 2:47pm
Probably a blow dryer is less damaging since you can control the heat settings on it.  But that is just my guess.

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: August 20 2005 at 3:06pm
I'd agree with that.  I think blow drying is about okay if you use a cool setting.

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Date Posted: August 20 2005 at 8:01pm
kay! thanks guys!

Posted By: Grace912
Date Posted: August 21 2005 at 7:15am
That's funny that you're asking this because of the humidity, I haven't touched a heated tool in 3 months since I feel like it's a lost cause  I've been either letting it go wild or wearing it up.

-------------
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?

Date Posted: August 21 2005 at 3:08pm

well most of the time i do just let it go. but once in a while i want it to look smoother

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: August 21 2005 at 4:42pm
I agree with Tyranna and Susan. 

-------------

Posted By: MrsMNK
Date Posted: November 06 2005 at 8:00am
hey if you want smooth waves after washing put into a plait or 2 the results should come out as smooth waves, i do this and it makes my hair really smooth, if i leave me hair open and let it dry that way it becomes frizzy and horrible looking. Hope this helps

-------------
Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*

Posted By: gossipqueen
Date Posted: November 24 2005 at 3:35pm

I would think that a blow dryer would be a bit less harmful since it’s not directly on your hair when applying heat. When you use a curling iron you have to wind your hair around it and then leave it in place for some time for the curl to take i would think this would be more damaging

Print Page | Close Window