Print Page | Close Window

Shower Filter

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=34451
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 10:41pm

Topic: Shower Filter
Posted By: rainfrogg
Subject: Shower Filter
Date Posted: August 20 2005 at 5:18pm

Hey everyone, I was wondering if any of you own a shower filter? I am going to get one in a couple weeks, says it removes all the bad stuff from water (and my water is bad). Just wondering if it really makes a difference to hair/skin? Thanks!

Tracy

Replies:
Posted By: Tiramisu2c
Date Posted: August 20 2005 at 6:13pm
I'm very curious about this as well...

-------------

"Long Hair Wishes and Frizz-Free Dreams!"

Posted By: Alexia81189
Date Posted: August 20 2005 at 11:16pm
bumpity bump!!

-------------
Life moves pretty fast. If you dont stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posted By: Amazing Grace
Date Posted: August 21 2005 at 10:53am
What brand/type are you looking at? My husband and I have discussed a filter since the plumbing in the house is 80 years old. We'd like to run all new plumbing eventually, but in the interim, filters on the shower and faucets would work as well.

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: August 21 2005 at 4:39pm
Hi Rainfrogg,

If your water is hard, a filter should help.  Also, diluted vinegar rinses at the conclusion of your S&C help eliminate some of the minerals that would otherwise linger on your strands and make them dull.

-------------

Posted By: rainfrogg
Date Posted: August 21 2005 at 8:31pm
I will be purchasing the Aquasana shower filter ( I guess the best one) It's about $80?  For some reason the ACV rinses don't really do much for my hair at all? I dont know why. Just the other day I used the Vo5 kiwi clarifying shampoo on all my hair and that did the trick.

Print Page | Close Window