Print Page | Close Window

temporary coloring

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=34470
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 10:35pm

Topic: temporary coloring
Posted By: laststar
Subject: temporary coloring
Date Posted: August 21 2005 at 5:57am

Has anyone tried temporary color?  I was thinking of trying a darker brown just to see what it looks like?

Thanks Star

Replies:
Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: August 21 2005 at 4:04pm
I have never used a temporary color (or a permanent one, for that matter).

-------------

Posted By: Amazing Grace
Date Posted: August 22 2005 at 5:43am
I've been reading about temporary color on the hair color board since I've also been thinking about putting some temporary auburn in my hair.

The feeling seems to be that most temporary colors aren't as temporary as you might want. However, Clairol Natural Instincts kept coming up as a decent product. It's supposed to wash out in 12 - 24 shampoos.

Personally, I've decided that I don't want to take a chance or get stuck with two color hair as the colored part grows.

Posted By: Layla
Date Posted: August 22 2005 at 7:55am
I used Elasta QP in Wine Red. It lasted a lot longer than I expected but it's all gone now.

-------------
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Posted By: Kalika
Date Posted: August 25 2005 at 2:06am
if you get a temporary color thats close to your own, then it will wash out fine, like if you wanted to add a little red or gold, but I dont recommend going more then 2 colors darker or it will stick.  ask me how I know

Posted By: sxyk8
Date Posted: August 25 2005 at 11:48am

I used Natural Instincts on my hair in light auburn and it is definitely not washing out. I hate it! I think if you are going to use it use something very close to your natural color. I have orangey-pink hair now. I may even have to strip out the color () to get rid of it. (posted on hair color board)

I have used it in past in shades closer to my natural neutral brown with better luck, although it truly does not ever wash out. New growth is less noticable than with a perm color but still is a litte different.

Posted By: sarondie11
Date Posted: August 27 2005 at 7:57pm

I've used temporary color several times with no complaints. I usually go medium to dark brown (my hair is medium brown) and it eventually washes out. The one notable exception is black hair dye. It might say temporary on the box, but it's pretty much permanent in my experience.

-------------
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Posted By: akiz
Date Posted: August 28 2005 at 12:07pm
I echo what Sarondie said. Black "temporary" color never came out of my hair when I dyed it four or five years ago. I've used Natural Instincts Nutmeg on and off to mute some of the red in my hair (from a permanent dye incident about a year ago) and it works just fine. As with any dye, I'd STRONGLY suggest a strand test, but this works for me and gives my hair a nice gloss for a while. The only potential complaint is that it has a 10 minute "sit" time which is shorter than the 30 minutes I'm used to so by the time I get everything well saturated, I usually have to jump in the shower quickly otherwise it's too dark. In any event, it doesn't stay that way and washes out in about a month or so. I have naturally dark brown hair.

Print Page | Close Window