Print Page | Close Window

My Trim & Some Milestones

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=34471
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 10:33pm

Topic: My Trim & Some Milestones
Posted By: PurpleBubba
Subject: My Trim & Some Milestones
Date Posted: August 21 2005 at 9:15am
August 20th & 21st - Trim & Some Milestones

Milestone
While I was taking pictures of my hair on Saturday I saw that I have reached and just passed the waistband of my shorts. And I made sure they were not pulled up. So that got me wondering if I had reached waistlength? I didn't know if it was or not so I asked at another site where waistlength was.
Well apparently according to the replies I reached Waistlength sometime last year. I went back through my journal and saw that my July 5th 04 picture was about the most accurate.

My March 26th 04 picture is almost there.

But if this is the case that means that I have been near or at waistlength hair since I started this journal. I never had a BSL milestone for I hope obvious reasons. I've never worn a bra. Never tried one on either. So I've been using Mid Back length to discribe my hair. So from what was said in the thread not only am I waist length and now well past it but I'm at least Hip Length and heading towards Tailbone. And I'm still up at 32" I thought my waist was at 36" Maybe I had the tape measure landing on my tailbone when I was measuring? I just went into the bathroom and um checked for real where my tailbone was compared to my hair and it's about 2 inches of space. Maybe 3. I do know that my next three goals are a Yard 36" and then a Meter 39.37" and then 40"

Anyway, I didn't get to celebrate back then. So here goes.

I reached Waistlength
  (dancing Kiwi and Lime - VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze)

I reached Hip Length

Trim
Saturday was the Red Morocco Method Lunar date that I was looking forward to. I said I was going to trim 1/2 inch but when I saw how far below the waistband my hair was I decided to make it a full inch. I thought I had a few more inches to go till I would reach my pants. But since I arrived early I splurged to give a bit more to the catch up cause. I can't even really tell a difference in length between before and after. Can you tell I lost an inch?
Note: This is my hair after not washing since Tuesday. Freshly washed makes it wavier. Also in the after the band had smoothed it out even more.

Here's some during trim pictures. I was using Feye's method for a straight across trim.
members.fortunecity.com/feye/trim/
This is the first picture of my plain nape tail that I wear to leave the house. It just happens to be the same as a step in Feye's trimming. And then a picture after I slid the band down.

Here's a closeup view from before.

Now at one time most of those raised strands were splits and breaks. Now they are just shorter pieces that like to stick up because it's wavy hair. They are what I call my undesigned layers. They were made by me ripping at my wet hair prior to March 04.

-------------

http://s7.invisionfree.com/The_Hair_Care_Family/index.php?showtopic=12 - My Journal

Replies:
Posted By: Tiramisu2c
Date Posted: August 21 2005 at 10:16am
Yeah, you know, I believe your waist is the narrowest part of your torso.  So, on me, it's right above my lovehandles, .  Yes, you have definitely surpassed that, and are well on your way to tailbone.  LOL, how does that feel? 
Also, no, I cannot tell that you got a trim.  Looks the same to me.  Maybe your head was positioned differently, or your shorts slid up???  haha, well CONGRATULATIONS!!!

-------------

"Long Hair Wishes and Frizz-Free Dreams!"

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: August 21 2005 at 4:37pm
Hi Robert,

It doesn't look like your hair was shortened by the trim, but it does appear to be getting longer still, albeit slowly.

-------------

Date Posted: August 23 2005 at 12:23am
Thanks everyone.

Here's some more pictures from yesterday after I washed.
I did a conditioner only wash with

Down Under Natural's Kiwi Fresh Care Conditioner
(Canadian product I got through a swap)
dunaturals.com/fresh2.html

Ingredients:
Water/Aqua; Cetyl Alcohol; Stearyl Alcohol; Cetrimonium Chloride; Cetrimonium Bromide; Polysorbate 60; Glycerin;
Frulix® - (Actinidia Chinensis / Kiwi; Passiflora Incarnata / Passionfruit; Mangifera Indica / Mango; Carica  Papaya / Papaya; Aleurites Moluccan / Kukui);
Hydrolyzed Silk; Ethylexyl Methoxycinnamate (sun protection); Benzophenone-4 (sun protection); Parfum; Citric Acid; DMDM Hydantoin

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: August 24 2005 at 2:15am

PurpleBubba, your hair is always an inspiration to me for it's fabulous condition and how well you take care of it. Congratulations on your belated celebration as well

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Date Posted: August 24 2005 at 2:19am
Thanks Anais,

Seeing it get below that waistband like that makes me feel like I'm getting into Dave range.

I'm now into the Super long hair on a man category. Not many men reach this length. At least not that I've seen.

I really like how it's still very light. It's not heavy enough to give me headaches so I can keep growing it. :)
Those cameras really help. Esepcially when you finally have a full length mirror but the computer desk is in front of it.

Print Page | Close Window