Forum Name: Asian Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special hair needs of people of Asian descent
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=34486
Printed Date: May 08 2024 at 2:18pm

Topic: I TOTALLY need help.
Posted By: pacificteen101
Subject: I TOTALLY need help.
Date Posted: August 22 2005 at 12:44am
I'm 19yr old asian and have very  thick, frizzy curly coarse wavy kinky(whatever u call it)  type of hair! I've been flat ironing for 2 yrs now. I'm curious if those so called relaxers over the counters or straighteners works for asian hair?! (I'm totally curious) I always have this "straight hair look" because of flat iron i do it everyday but for for past 4 months  i only do it alternate which means to say I only do  it whenever I like compared before. (I know it damages hair thats why recently I apply hair damage treatments and others like hot-oil)Anyways, I'm just curious if its goin to work in my hair like this brand called Fabulaxer. I did lots of research  but I need answers specifically if its goin' to work for asian hairs.... I'm on budget and there is no way I can go to salon for $300 besides its not worth because my hair grows really fast (I go to hair salon every 6weeks).... Any other sugestions too besides relaxers??? Thanks people I  hope u can HELP ME!!!

Replies:
Posted By: claribuzz
Date Posted: August 29 2005 at 12:28pm

those chemical relaxers dont really work that well

it stays straight for like 2 weeks or less then its wavy again

it will reduce your curls or waves but it will not make it straight

my stylist said that to achieved straighter hair with those chemical straightners is to use hair iron. after you apply the relaxer and rinse but before the neutralizer, you  neeed to iron each strands of your hair at temperature of 180 celcius. this will amnke hair straighter longer

or you can just go for those rebonding process (japanese thermal reconditioning treatment)

-------------
ARGHH

Print Page | Close Window