Forum Name: Skin Care
Forum Description: Smooth techniques for beautiful & healthy skin
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=34591
Printed Date: May 04 2024 at 11:23pm

Topic: red face!!
Posted By: pharrell
Subject: red face!!
Date Posted: August 24 2005 at 4:07pm
I have acne prone skin and all of the places I have acne are red! Is there anything that can help Me to reduced the redness and get rid of it!!!!!

Replies:
Posted By: aseya
Date Posted: August 24 2005 at 4:58pm
Have you been using anything new? It sounds like you may have either aggravated the acne or youre allergic to your products. I would see a dermatologist. Or were you in the sun recently? If youve recently changed products you should probably stop using them. If you're skin is still red in a couple days then definitly see someone about it.

I was using differin and went out in the sun for about ten minutes to walk to a cafe. I was wearing SPF 15 and big sunglasses but the next day, my face was swollen and red and I had a fever AND my ears turned a bright pink. Naturally I was pretty scared. I smeared aloe vera gel all over my face a couple times that day and spent the day in bed. Luckily the redness went down the next day.

Whenever anyone in my family has any redness in their skin I always grab out the Lavender essential oil (use that stuff for EVERYTHING) and aloe gel.

Oh! I wanted to tell you... the other day I was reading stuff about using rose water as a toner. So I made some. I mixed rpse water with  a couple drops each of lavender and tea tree oil. Ive been using it for about 5 days. It seems to be clearing up my skin. I don't have any white heads around my nose which I usually always have. I just thought I would suggest that to you. But don't try it until your skin goes back to normal.

Posted By: Vicky
Date Posted: August 25 2005 at 9:38am
Asperine with water helsp agains redness.
Put a few asperines in a cup and put 2 table sppons of water and mix. Put the paste on the red parts...

Posted By: Pizzy
Date Posted: August 25 2005 at 10:24am
I thought for years I had acne. Turned out to be Rosacea. I use a cream called Rosac. It works wonders for my redness. You need a prescription for it, or ask your dermatologist for samples.

Posted By: pharrell
Date Posted: August 25 2005 at 4:53pm

aseya thanks for telling me about your situation I did start using a diferent product recently and for the recipe I will diffinatly try it.

Vicky wow asprin I will try that also

pizzy i don't think I have Rosacea because I have been to a derm

thak you all for the help!!!

Print Page | Close Window