Print Page | Close Window

Daily Straightening

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Teen Hair & Hairstyles
Forum Description: If its cool, if its hip, if its hot... Its here.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=34635
Printed Date: June 26 2024 at 4:04am

Topic: Daily Straightening
Posted By: Advent
Subject: Daily Straightening
Date Posted: August 25 2005 at 2:47pm
 I use GHD hair straighteners with TreSemme protection spray. If I were to make straightening my hair a daily routine would it ultimately damage it?

Replies:
Posted By: Kalika
Date Posted: August 27 2005 at 7:14am
yes

Posted By: Thorn
Date Posted: September 01 2005 at 11:20am
As long as you deeply moisturize your hair and take care of it then it shouldn't ever damage. Especially if you have a high quality flat iron. Like ones with ceramic/tourmaline.

Posted By: buckiefairy
Date Posted: September 01 2005 at 12:59pm

I'd agree with Kalika. I have the exact same routine and i deep condition once a week but I still get damage. I've found that it can't be helped i'm afraid.

Buckie

-------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Posted By: Thorn
Date Posted: September 01 2005 at 3:47pm
It depends on the straightener your using. I'm using my Sedu and I never get damage. Probably because of its expensive quality. My experience.

Posted By: Skzz
Date Posted: September 01 2005 at 9:06pm
I would imagine all straightening does a bit of damage on hair. But I also have a Sedu and, like Thorn, I never find any noticeable damage. (Though I should also mention, I don't straighten everyday.)

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: September 01 2005 at 11:28pm

Heat is heat. Heat evaporates moisture from hair. If,.... SOMEHOW.. an equal amount of moisture (or more) is going back into the strand, then daily straightening won't do much damage. But that's virtually impossible to do.

And there's always friction, the friction of pulling the iron across the hair strand will cause cuticle wear-and-tear.

I am not against heat tools, I just advise against the too-frequent use of them.

my 2 cents

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: September 02 2005 at 11:12am
It seems to be okay until your hair grows past jaw length. I'm at shoulder-blades now and I hate to even straighten it two days in a row where I used to do it every day with little or no damage.

-------------

Posted By: LoVeLyLiNdSaY
Date Posted: September 14 2005 at 10:06am
my hair doesn't damage at all and i don't even have a fancy-shmancy straitener =\ it makes mine soft and silky :)

Print Page | Close Window