Print Page | Close Window

Layers and Feye’s cut procedures

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=34652
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 10:23pm

Topic: Layers and Feye’s cut procedures
Posted By: KellyH
Subject: Layers and Feye’s cut procedures
Date Posted: August 25 2005 at 10:00pm

My hair's at about the bottom of my shoulder blades. I'm trying to grow my layers and bangs out. My BF's been trimming my hair about once a month.

I tried Feye's tips and tricks. It worked great, but it was a little more difficult to find an adequate 'straight' line to cut for me because of the layers. I didn't want to cut too much off.

Anyone else have this problem or am I just doing something wrong?

Replies:
Posted By: PurpleBubba
Date Posted: August 25 2005 at 10:49pm
Which of her techniques were you using?

Straight, U or V?

-------------

http://s7.invisionfree.com/The_Hair_Care_Family/index.php?showtopic=12 - My Journal

Date Posted: August 25 2005 at 11:20pm
The 'slight U'.

Date Posted: August 25 2005 at 11:24pm
I'd say keep doing what you can do until your layers grow out. If they don't reach the trim zone then just check them to see if they have splits. As long as you keep the splits away you'll be fine.

Date Posted: August 25 2005 at 11:27pm
Thanks! It's a real dilemma. I want the layers to grow out, but I HATE cutting the length.  

Date Posted: August 25 2005 at 11:30pm
I have an article that might help you.

~~ How Often To Trim &Self Split End Trimming ~~
~~ For Maintaining Your Hair Ends Yourself ~~
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/bbubba/LHC/Trim.html

Date Posted: August 25 2005 at 11:55pm

Thanks for the link. That was very helpful.

Date Posted: August 25 2005 at 11:57pm
You're welcome.

Congrats on trimming your own hair.

Posted By: Vicky
Date Posted: August 26 2005 at 4:31am
I also have layers that Im trying to grow out, and cutting with feyes method. It works great... But the layers dont magically disapear.
Be patient and every time you cut you will se the difference.

I didnt have a problem cutting straight. I have bsl. Perhaps you could get someone to help you with the part where you make it straight, the last part? I thought it was abit hard to reach and make sure Id done it right...

Posted By: laststar
Date Posted: August 26 2005 at 7:37am
Kelly your hair looks great.  I use the feyes method too. My hair is about the same length,   I did the same thing as you its all one length now it takes a little time.  I also hate cutting length off. Although you can control it as apposed to a stylist who makes there own decision.Good luck in getting rid of the layers they will eventually go away.

Date Posted: August 26 2005 at 8:50am

Vicky, I think what's throwing me off isn't the actual act of making a straight cut, it's that my layers are tapered around my face. So, when pulling forward, there's very little hair to cut across unless I cut off a couple of inches and I'm NOT going to do that! ;)

Starfighter.....thanks! My avi pic was actually taken about a year and a half ago. My bangs are grown out to my ear lobes now. I only quit cutting them about 6 months ago.

Thanks for the support y'all! (can you tell I'm from Texas....lol)

Date Posted: August 26 2005 at 10:34am

Has anyone tried it with wet hair vs dry? Just seems like it would be easier to manage.

Date Posted: August 26 2005 at 1:46pm
I usually do mine on dry hair, although I don't have the layers.

I usually only dampen the last couple inches when I do wet it.
I have 2a/2b hair, which for those who don't know the system yet is light to medium amount of wavy.

Posted By: Vicky
Date Posted: August 26 2005 at 2:49pm
Oh ok, sorry. 
Yeah I have layers around my face to. Just have to be patient
I do mine when it's dry..

Posted By: Delenn
Date Posted: August 27 2005 at 6:29am
Robert, should wavy hair be cut dry? 

Date Posted: August 27 2005 at 6:34am
I do mine dry, and then after the band is slid all the way down and I'm about to cut I sometimes dampen just the ends.

The thing with wavy hair is unless someone is able to get close enough to you to actaully be able to touch your hair they won't notice if you didn't do it perfect. Because the waves constantly change. Moisture, touching, combing, humidity, heat, can all change how it looks.

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: August 27 2005 at 12:22pm

I cut dry. The only big difference I think is for curly hair - cutting each lock at a time so they stay consistent to each other. Haven't heard any "rules" for wavy myself  

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Print Page | Close Window