Print Page | Close Window

To straighten or not to straighten

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Men's Hair & Fashion
Forum Name: Men's Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of the male species.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=34707
Printed Date: September 16 2024 at 1:59pm

Topic: To straighten or not to straighten
Posted By: redletteragent
Subject: To straighten or not to straighten
Date Posted: August 27 2005 at 2:22pm
I'm one-quarter african american, but i've seemed to have inherited the hair type. The conflict is that i'm very light-skinned, and really into the rock scene. I get made fun of ALL the time about my hair..."albino black person", "got a perm", etc., and i'm finding it hard to be taken seriously in the music industry with my current hair style. I've been thinking about getting it chemically straightened for a while, but i'm afraid of how its going to turn out. It's not quite as thick or curly as full african-american hair, so i need some advice on what i should do. Thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: claribuzz
Date Posted: August 29 2005 at 12:53pm

i know this is not the advice you want but shaved your head, it looks cool, sophisticated, and perfect for the rock scene. but then there are guys in the rock scene with curly hair like the one of the members of my chemical romance.

remember when you straigten your hair chemically, the maintanence of hair becomes high. you still need to blow dry your hair str8, it just take a shorter time now. and then touch up every 3 months.

if you are willing, then step into a trusted salon and get it done.

-------------
ARGHH

Posted By: eagle
Date Posted: September 06 2005 at 1:12pm
i thought that if you relax your hair you have stright hair basically and you dont need a straightenr to stariten it.

Print Page | Close Window