Print Page | Close Window

Thinning out hair off of thick head.

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=34770
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 10:39pm

Topic: Thinning out hair off of thick head.
Posted By: Nobody
Subject: Thinning out hair off of thick head.
Date Posted: August 29 2005 at 11:15am
Well, maybe not the best title, but, the problem is similar.

I want to grow my hair long, however, I apparently have very thick hair. It's somewhat long now, (about...5 or 6 inches) that it look's like I have a giant helmet on my head. I want to continue to keep it growing longer, however, this is a problem. Is there a way to thin out hair more?

I go to the barber, and when I ask for it to be thinned out, they alway's thin it out once, and that's it. Is it possible for them to keep thinning it out, so it look's like I have naturally thin hair?

Thank's for your time.

Replies:
Posted By: Katja
Date Posted: August 29 2005 at 6:20pm

Being someone with really thick hair, I know what you're going through.  There are many times that I've wanted to get it thinned out, but then I thought... lots of people would kill for thick hair, y'know?

My point being: I wouldn't thin your hair too much.  It may be a pain now, but once it gets longer it'll look really nice.  As for that "giant helmet" issue, try putting some anti-frizz product in your hair or, once it's long enough, putting it in a ponytail. 

Hope that helps, and good luck with your hair!

Katja

-------------
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen

Posted By: Nobody
Date Posted: August 29 2005 at 6:30pm
Interesting name, might I ask your natonality?

Anyway's, yes, I know people like big hair, however, it really is BIG. I'm serious. And, can I get it thinned out more than once at a time, without going OVERBOARD, butyou know, making it look, decent?

Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: August 31 2005 at 11:03am
It would just grow in tufty and look like you're recovering from alopecia. Not a good look. It took me ages to correct this one myself so best not go there.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window