Print Page | Close Window

wanting long hair

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=34799
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 10:24pm

Topic: wanting long hair
Posted By: tritri2005
Subject: wanting long hair
Date Posted: August 29 2005 at 11:20pm

Hey all,

I am trying to grow my hair long. I want atleast 5 to 6 inches more. Is there anything special to do to make it grow faster? I have went to some websites, finding solutions but i'm not so sure about them; like the hair formula 37, and Long N Strong hair formula. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: August 30 2005 at 9:38am

Nope. Technically, nothing can increase growth rate. However there are things you can do to prevent damage (and therefore prevent mandatory trims of that damage):

- avoid chemicals e.g. dyes, perms, relaxers, etc.
- avoid heat styling and heat tools e.g. blow dryers, curling irons, flat irons
- eat a healthy well-balanced diet
- get an adequate amount of exercise
- take a daily multivitamin
- find a hair washing routine that works for you (i.e. a routine that leaves your hair - moisturized, yet leaves your scalp clean)
- detangle slowly and with the right technique (no ripping through tangles)
- use common sense - avoid any hairdos that will pull on your hair roots, avoid pony holders that are too thin.
- minimize stress, because it can actually inhibit growth

visit the Long Hair Support board

Happy growing,

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: Thorn
Date Posted: August 30 2005 at 12:41pm
Is it safe to use my Sedu ionic flat iron? It says it seels the hair because of the ceramic/tourmaline that produces negative ions. After using it and washing my hair it doesn't feel damaged.

edit: Btw I checked the box and it says no hair damage. The reviews for it on folica.com are great. I would think it would be o.k. because it doesn't open the hair shaft, it closes it with the negative ions. What do you think?

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: August 30 2005 at 3:16pm

I don't think it has anything to do with "ions". Heat is heat, and heat evaporates moisture from the hair shaft, causing dryness if the iron is used frequently, such as every day.

and boxes are designed to sell the product that is inside.

Heat tools won't prevent your hair from growing long, but frequent use will cause damage in the long run. Which means cutting off damage, which means cutting shorter and backtracking. Or it could mean ending up with long hair that you are not happy with. Everything can be used well, or can be abused. If anyone opts to use a heat tool while growing their hair out, best thing is to do it only occasionally (like a treat every once in awhile) Remember to apply a heat protectant. Condition, condition, condition to restore moisture!

Hope this helps

Anais  

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Print Page | Close Window