Forum Name: Men's 360 Waves - Part II
Forum Description: About 360 Waves
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=34985
Printed Date: June 14 2024 at 8:09pm

Topic: a/s/l
Posted By: sjay
Subject: a/s/l
Date Posted: September 03 2005 at 11:41pm

i think i saw this in an old thread from the first mens 360 waves section. but we dont really know that much about the ppl behind the typed words we see on our screens, or the pix of the back of our heads. so i think its time to ask the big question...... ASL(age/sex/location) then put how long or wut age you started waving. ill start it out.

16/m/paris, texas... i was an old time waver back in the seventh grade, lost em tryin to follow the fad of braids and fros. not until about 3 1/2 months (aproaching my jr year) ago did i get back on track.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: 360spinna
Date Posted: September 03 2005 at 11:47pm
22/male...hahaha most of us are/newark, nj.......i've been a waver off and on for the past 8 years....freshman year of HS to junior year, then braids for 2 years, and back to waves off and on till now, mostly off.

-------------

Posted By: lil fate 101
Date Posted: September 04 2005 at 2:39am
yall might not belive this but 13/m/las vegas,nevada been waven since 1999 ya herd

-------------
waves so deep make you sleep

Posted By: big baby
Date Posted: September 04 2005 at 7:08am
13/m/boston,MA been brushin 4 about 3 months,in 1999 i had braids,in 2001 i had waves but went back to braids and now back to waves

-------------
i'm pimpin

Posted By: Jae-Tills
Date Posted: September 04 2005 at 10:32am
14/m/ny be wavin 4 bout 5 months cause i had braids

-------------
work like a slave eat like a king

Posted By: Jordanfavorite
Date Posted: September 04 2005 at 11:18am
17/m/ louisiana pray for me and my family in NO im currently in Atl i been waving for abot 2 months I think after I cut my fro

Posted By: gatorstompin
Date Posted: September 04 2005 at 11:35am
24/m/fla.  used to wave it up back in high school but joined the navy.  just started back.

-------------
The world is mine.

Posted By: big baby
Date Posted: September 04 2005 at 12:05pm

Originally posted by gatorstompin gatorstompin wrote:

24/m/fla.  used to wave it up back in high school but joined the navy.  just started back.

nice cuz my uncle is in da navy right now .he's in londan and he's about 2 got 2 korea in like six months.

-------------
i'm pimpin

Date Posted: September 04 2005 at 12:10pm
i been in the states, hawaii, japan, guam, and singapore.  would rather be in the states.  all those other places ain't got no sally beauty supply store.  that's the main reason i had to stop spinning.  they was like "what's hair grease?"  everybody kept trying to sell me white people gel.

-------------
The world is mine.

Posted By: LIL J
Date Posted: September 04 2005 at 12:31pm
15 bama been wavin since 13 lil dady

-------------
homie if u keep on brushing you will be spinning lyke twista

Posted By: chub120
Date Posted: September 04 2005 at 12:41pm
13/m/m-i-a for life 305 til i die i will pray for yall peoples in   NO and i was spiining in the 6grade 7grade keep on with a fresh cut every week no waves now in the 8grade back in the game been in since the frist days of summer

-------------
I went from old school Chevy's to drop top porches
You couldn't walk a mile off in my Air Forces
And you ain't seen what I've seen
I can get a 100,000 in these Sean John jeans

Posted By: JaSoul07
Date Posted: September 04 2005 at 2:39pm
24/m/GA...i been in the wave game for about 4 years. I used to have a few waves back in jr. high but i really didn't start till about 01'. And i'm praying for you Jordanfavorite

-------------
BRUSH HARD & DRIVE SLOW HOMIE

Posted By: brush to spin
Date Posted: September 04 2005 at 2:39pm
13/m/nyc and ben in the game off and on i stared to do that at   ten and ma bother got me in to waves

-------------
papaose is a beast

Posted By: pusha21
Date Posted: September 04 2005 at 3:00pm
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
U already know mayne im 20 almost 21 CHEA hair has always waved up but started brushin for real bout 6months ago n im spinnin hard. Always rocked low cut das what i do best braid n fros would look lame on me fo real

Posted By: gotwaves740
Date Posted: September 04 2005 at 3:59pm
14/m/chi  i been wavin since about last year i had an afro before then

-------------
Got them waves so serious, it make dudes delirious

Date Posted: September 04 2005 at 4:04pm
ima pray for u jordanfavorite. as a matter of fact, ima pray for everybody. i ran into this man today. said his son has been missin for 5 days. he's gonna try to go back to louissiana to find family wit only $300 to his name at the moment. said he used to live there when he was younger for about 10 years. made it thru 12 hurricanes.

-------------

Posted By: chub120
Date Posted: September 04 2005 at 4:14pm
man bush is a f***ing racist and he should be in peached

-------------
I went from old school Chevy's to drop top porches
You couldn't walk a mile off in my Air Forces
And you ain't seen what I've seen
I can get a 100,000 in these Sean John jeans

Posted By: THECHOSEN1
Date Posted: September 04 2005 at 5:12pm
14/m/fl waving since 6 grade was lazy for a while back on the grind

-------------
waveing is mental a barrier u must over come

Posted By: Lil Webbie
Date Posted: September 05 2005 at 10:35am
14/m/E.O, Jersey started waven iin 6th grade stop, and started back in 2003

-------------
AMBITIONZ OF
A SPINNA
wordz by J-One

Posted By: Jordanfavorite
Date Posted: September 05 2005 at 1:58pm
thanks yall for the responds on that subject and you right about bush ugly a**

Posted By: Lil Webbie
Date Posted: September 05 2005 at 3:19pm
yo man i pray for yall, but i would pray for everbody everywhere

-------------
AMBITIONZ OF
A SPINNA
wordz by J-One

Posted By: KingJames23
Date Posted: September 05 2005 at 6:13pm
16/m/ny been wavin for 4-5 months i been in the game for a while but ive been doing alot of slacking off

-------------
B.M.F PIMPIN WE NOT A SQUAD WE A MOVEMENT.

Posted By: Iwant360waves
Date Posted: September 12 2005 at 2:07pm
23/m i had braids for 4 years now im back to wavin

Posted By: BIGGMike
Date Posted: September 12 2005 at 4:53pm

32/male/Dallas,TX    

Been waving off and on for about......I don't know, it's been too many years.  I don't claim to know everything about waves and can learn from everybody on this site. I've had briads, platts, and afros. Mostly I been keeping a low cut with waves though. Some peeps say I'm old school, some say I'm still young. I say I'm blessed to be alive and still spinning.

-------------
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!

Posted By: BoarBristle
Date Posted: September 12 2005 at 5:10pm
22/m/lv back to spinnin. took a break for a year.

Posted By: Son N.Y
Date Posted: September 12 2005 at 7:37pm
14/m/irvington,jersey been havin waves for 2 years since 2004

-------------
She could be twista
Had her alley to alley, hawai and maui, and cali the valley
Up in white lotus dog you might notice
That you type bogus me I'm quite focus

-Cam'ron

Posted By: scurlboy
Date Posted: September 12 2005 at 8:34pm
15/m/de been wavin since june, had braids till i cut my hair in june.

-------------
"More people are beginning to stop using 360, and quite frankly that's all you need"

Posted By: Chi-Town_Boy
Date Posted: September 12 2005 at 9:11pm

15/m/illinois CHiCago Town

Ive Been Wavin Since August 2004

-------------
Making A Big Comeback New Pics Coming Soon

Posted By: BDot
Date Posted: September 12 2005 at 9:26pm
I see I'm one of the oldest people around here. I'm 24/m/
Brooklyn,NY. I've been in the wave game since the beginning of May.

Posted By: baller5000
Date Posted: September 12 2005 at 9:47pm
15/m/CHI-TOWN been doing the waves off and on cents 5 grade 

Date Posted: September 12 2005 at 10:12pm
welcome to the site BDot. i see this is ur first post. hope to see you posting more around here.

-------------

Posted By: 360spinna
Date Posted: September 13 2005 at 12:36am
its been a lot of people registering and posting here in the past few days, i doubt that these are all new people

-------------

Posted By: Rence119
Date Posted: September 13 2005 at 12:40pm
wow i never though some of yall was up there in age not to say that yall r old or anything

-------------
We will always remeber you MJ u are the greatest.

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
1st in career ppg at 30.1
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ

Posted By: JaSoul07
Date Posted: September 13 2005 at 4:25pm
man all these young cats make me feel old but it's all good.

-------------
BRUSH HARD & DRIVE SLOW HOMIE

Date Posted: September 13 2005 at 5:29pm

Originally posted by Rence119 Rence119 wrote:

wow i never though some of yall was up there in age not to say that yall r old or anything

thas exactly y i made this topic. we didnt really know that much about eachother besides the fact that we all have waves. i know age n stuff isnt alot, but hey... its a start.

-------------

Posted By: southsidespinna
Date Posted: September 13 2005 at 6:31pm

yo I'm a newbie trying to get my spin on. I'm a geezer at this site though 26/m DUH/ living in south carolina. I been rocking the light fade with the top waved off and on for ever. I took a break and rocked the braids, and locks cuz I had a lot of imitaters around me putting in the curly kits trying to get the waves i had. but i came around(right around that job hunting time) and cut the braids off. so after two months of searching for a barber, and numerous tore up cuts i'm starting to ripple...

so much for my life story.

-------------
you do your thing, let me do mine we'll get your b!tch on the phone and we'll see who's lying!

Date Posted: September 13 2005 at 6:33pm

And please believe that everybody in the gulf is in my prayers! I am workng with a lot of displaced people in my state, and the organizations i'm with are giving all the support we can to help out. but it just doesn't feel like enough man.

-------------
you do your thing, let me do mine we'll get your b!tch on the phone and we'll see who's lying!

Posted By: BDot
Date Posted: September 13 2005 at 6:45pm
[QUOTE=southsidespinna]

And please believe that everybody in
the gulf is in my prayers! I am workng with a lot of displaced people
in my state, and the organizations i'm with are giving all the support
we can to help out. but it just doesn't feel like enough man.

[/
QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean but hey you're doing your part.
Welcome to the site by the way, you're an old head like myself

Date Posted: September 13 2005 at 8:39pm

Originally posted by southsidespinna southsidespinna wrote:

26/m DUH/

ud be suprised. there have been sum women who have come thru here and guess wut.... THEY SPIN. but im glad to see ur doin ur thang and helpin ppl out. keep up the good work.

-------------

Date Posted: September 13 2005 at 10:35pm
thanks and you're right, i've seen some sistas sitting on spinnas tighter that some fellas.

-------------

Date Posted: September 13 2005 at 11:41pm
It's some young dudes spinnin nowadays.  I asked a lil kid the other day if he knew who kid n play was and he had no clue.  he didn't even know who kool mo dee was!  that's when you know you old.

-------------
The world is mine.

Date Posted: September 14 2005 at 10:31am

Originally posted by 360spinna 360spinna wrote:

its been a lot of people registering and posting here in the past few days, i doubt that these are all ne people

I've seen more people too. Is it because we I.D'd ourselves or is it because alot of brothers see how good this site really is. I know we compete with other sites but I think we really are the best. Just think, there is no playing games, smart people, educated people, people who really know about waves, no attacking people, no being rude or name calling, and African American culture info. too. I think this site has come a long way since 360Waves Part I. If you don't believe me check for yourself. (Just my opinion, No disrespect)

-------------
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!

Date Posted: September 14 2005 at 10:45am

People like Twista, KingJames23, Pmp4lfmike, 360Spinna, Sjay, Blazer, (BiggMike ) and many other members have help to make this site what it is today. You get the credit and respect!

Much Respect!

I thank all of you! 

-------------

Date Posted: September 14 2005 at 1:24pm
  http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYUS">Pouty  you welcome 

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb059_ZSYYYYYYYYUS">

-------------

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ

Date Posted: September 14 2005 at 4:26pm
Awwww man, you included in there too Rence. You been helping too. I can't name all of the members. I had to name the cats who been here from day one first, you can understand that. But you help a lot too. Thanks Rence119 and everybody else too.

-------------

Date Posted: September 14 2005 at 4:41pm

Originally posted by gatorstompin gatorstompin wrote:

It's some young dudes spinnin nowadays.  I asked a lil kid the other day if he knew who kid n play was and he had no clue.  he didn't even know who kool mo dee was!  that's when you know you old.

Man you took the words right out of my mouth. Back in day I thought 32 was old, NOT. I can bench press as much as I did when I played college football. Plus, old heads call me youngster. My daughter is almost as old as some youngsters on this site. It's really a trip.

Think about how old LL Cool J is. I was in the 8th grade when he first came out with "Rock the Bells". I was in highschool when he came out with "Going back to Cali". Now, a Senior Sales Rep and a Website moderator when he came out with "Hush". Wait till they turn 18 and get out own their own. Life is gonna go so fast that you will forget your own age. Life really is short.

Yea, it's a trip, but that's life........Now I can say, "You'll see".

-------------

Posted By: JordanCollecta
Date Posted: September 14 2005 at 7:57pm
16/m/VA. been spinin for like a hard 8 monts slacked off den started getting it on but now da waves aint all dat good

-------------
It aint me, its my jewlery thats pissed off

Date Posted: September 14 2005 at 8:02pm
mike u ain't old but u gotta remeber with age comes wisdom

-------------

6 rings
14 time all star
5 time season mvp
6 time playoff mvp
3 time allstar game mvp
10 time scoring champ

Posted By: blackwallstreet
Date Posted: September 17 2005 at 4:17pm

im 17/m/ reppin dat westcoast CDP block in compton.

been wavin for a year n half. not much of us wavin out here but wen we do man we do it big

-------------
THE BLACK WALLSTREET IZ COMIN'

Posted By: LBoog
Date Posted: September 17 2005 at 4:22pm

yo man not all kids know bout kool mo dee and kid n play. But im not one of those kids, i listen to ol skool and new skool muisc. YO sometimes i get bored of dis gangsta music, so i go bak into da ol skool music, some of it is better than da new music

Print Page | Close Window