Print Page | Close Window

Wedding Day Disasters!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair & Special Events
Forum Name: Wedding Hairstyles
Forum Description: Talk about hair for that very special day.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=34999
Printed Date: April 18 2024 at 6:35pm

Topic: Wedding Day Disasters!
Posted By: Karen Shelton
Subject: Wedding Day Disasters!
Date Posted: September 04 2005 at 2:30pm

Hi,

I found this really cute article about bridal disasters.  Unfortunately none of the brides that shared their...how could this be happening stories...mentioned hair disasters.  To read all the stories go to:
http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/living/12516278.htm - http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/living/1251 6278.htm

My favorite of the bunch was this one:

*************************************************By Tiffany Gilchrist of Duluth

Ah, my wedding. What a special day.

I woke up with pinkeye, and not a mild case. I had to be positioned just right in the photos so my swollen red eye wasn't too obvious.

On my way to get my hair done, I got a phone call from the groom. The best man had gotten pulled over on Friday night and his vehicle was impounded.

At the church, I struggled into my dress and crinoline petticoat. I'd lost about 12 pounds in the month before the wedding. My nerves were so shot, I couldn't keep anything in me. My dress had fit perfectly until the final fitting when my seamstress grabbed it at my waist and decided we needed to take it in. We forgot the crinoline. On my wedding day, I kept stepping on it because it was too big. We cut the bottom off, but the petticoat was still too long so I just lifted the dress when I walked.

When the flowers arrived, my bouquet was nothing like what I wanted. My husband-to-be called the florist and asked her to come and fix it.

I was just about ready to lose it when the best man showed up drunk and kept telling the photographer what to do. My brother kept calling him "criminal" from his incident the previous night. Finally, one of my bridesmaids yelled "shut up!" and we finished the pictures.

The ceremony went pretty well, except the ringbearer dropped the rings and they rolled down the aisle.

The reception was on a hot day in July and apparently, the air conditioning broke in the hall we had rented. Everyone fanned themselves with plates and most sat outside. We had to point the speakers outside and hold the dollar dance in the parking lot. We had to cut our cake quickly because it was melting.

At the end of the night, my infected eye was burning and my dress straps were digging into my shoulders. The best part of my day was getting to our hotel suite and laying in bed while eating a ham and cheese omelet from Perkins.

My husband and I are still happily married four years later and we have a beautiful 20-month-old son. It just goes to show it's OK that things don't go perfectly. It's what you make of it.

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Print Page | Close Window