Print Page | Close Window

23 hair is thinning, started using nioxin

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Loss
Forum Description: Support group for those suffering from hair loss.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=35358
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 12:22am

Topic: 23 hair is thinning, started using nioxin
Posted By: Pauly_P
Subject: 23 hair is thinning, started using nioxin
Date Posted: September 15 2005 at 2:15am
I just started using nioxin, i was just wondering if anyone has used it? if so how did they go ? I have also heard about mane and tail and laser wand which do u think will bring the quickest response ? Thank you

Replies:
Posted By: BrownEyez2
Date Posted: September 15 2005 at 7:47pm

Hey Pauly,

I've never tried Nioxin but have heard great things about it. Supposedly it does a great job in not just growing the hair back, but making it thicker as well. Do a search for "nioxin" and some of the results you get will have testimonials about the product! Good luck~

-------------
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~

Date Posted: September 16 2005 at 12:05am
I hope so

Date Posted: October 12 2005 at 3:43am
I will give it some time, then yeah maybe speak with my Doctor about changing.
Thank you for the input ...

Posted By: Vicar In A Tutu
Date Posted: October 14 2005 at 1:28am

Just be careful with Saw Palmetto; I tried using it once and noticed a HUGE increase in hair loss.  I had to stop taking it, or I'm sure I'd be completely bald by now.  My hair still hasn't recovered from it, and that was 2 years ago.

Saw Palmetto sucks.

Posted By: 1babydimple
Date Posted: January 27 2006 at 4:38pm
I have never used nioxin, but I have used Mane Tale Growth and for me it worked great. It is an oil and has a smell of something like smoked ham. No lie smoked meat but the progress I made in filling in my hair line was incrediable. Check out the pics; http://public.fotki.com/1babydimple/mtg_challenge/ - http://public.fotki.com/1babydimple/mtg_challenge/

Posted By: agirard
Date Posted: April 04 2006 at 8:40pm

Hi I just started using nioxin and am not sure whats going on. My hair now has many short pieces that I never noticed. I due notice my hair is fuller but dull. I have bleached hair so this could be why. I will let you know what happens.

My doctor said to take Flaxseed oil. I also heard from someone who took it that it is incredible for the hair.

Good luck,

Posted By: eileeninCO
Date Posted: April 05 2006 at 10:00am
agirard, do you have the Nioxin for color treated hair? Perhaps that would help. Some people have said the Nioxin causes a sensitivity and they have to stop using it. I purchased it for my son but he is not experiencing any problems with it yet.

Posted By: soobee
Date Posted: May 10 2006 at 12:10am

so any word on the nioxin?

i just went and bought it today because my hair stylist told me to stop complaining if i wasnt doing anything about it. 

so anyone, has it worked?  and also, are you what else are you taking on top of the nioxin?

Posted By: Kindofcurly
Date Posted: June 29 2006 at 10:28pm
Beware about the things you take to prevent hair loss, I remember using some popular anti hair loss shampoo sometime ago when I thought I was loosing too much hair and it actually increased the loss instead of decreasing.

Posted By: benmorris
Date Posted: March 20 2008 at 1:16am
Hi,
Nioxin has produced an entire product line that claims to inhibit the hormone (dht) that causes the miniaturization of the hair follicle and eventual hair loss. While no product available seems to actually be able to produce long lasting new growth, this one seems to help maintain and enrich the hair that is still present. I have witnessed the results of long term use. It seems to be a useful aide in bolstering thickness. The shampoo makes the claim that standard products leave a heavy buildup in the follicle and clog the pore, at the root, leaving the hair stressed and inhibited from healthy re-growth. Also, the hormone dht, which is responsible for causing typical pattern baldness, is a major factor. This product seems to help clear the follicle from accumulated buildup and sebum with a penetrating heavy menthol action. The shampoo itself is very invigorating. It has a heavy mint smell, and leaves quite a tingle. This product can induce a mild redness initially, because it is also helping to induce scalp circulation, which is conducive to re-growth. This is encouraging, as one experiences visible and tactile results. You can feel it working immediately. You can get more information follow the link :

-------------
costar has published article about http://www.costar.com/News/Article.aspx?id=052A38FD3C7840B7F8EA098502DBF223 - hank freid and about his hotel in the new york cit

Posted By: minorityslam
Date Posted: March 27 2008 at 2:53pm
I haven't used it yet, but a few of my friends are using it and i've heard some good feed back from them. Though i haven't noticed any change in their hair or maybe i just don't know.

-------------
http://www.seductivepheromones.com/pheromone-cologne/ - pheromone cologne

Posted By: alabamakim
Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 3:16pm
Where can you get Nioxin?

-------------
A setback is just a setup for a comeback!

Posted By: Jerzygrl
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 3:30am
I had used nioxin a few weeks ago. The first time i used it I was ok with it. I really liked it too. I skipped a day of use then used it again. I was still ok with it. But, The third time I used it All Heck broke lose. About an hour after I used it. My heart started to race, I started to shake , I couldn't breath.I got the runs,  I  broke out in a red rash all over my face, arns and chest. I was hyperventilating. It was worse then a panic attack. But, I wasn't sure that it wasn't a panic attack.  All the symptoms lasted about two hours.

So I waited about a week, and i used it again. The reason why i wanted to use it again was to make sure that it was a reaction to Nioxin and not just a panic attack. But, I found out very quickly that it was a reaction to the Nioxin. As soon as i put it on my head all the symptoms started .It was horrible. Only this time I got tingeling in my arms and hands. with all the other symptoms that I had last time.

I really wouldn't  recommend  this produc  to any one. What ever is in it can cause a pretty bad reaction.Cry

-------------
Cissy

Posted By: Jerzygrl
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 9:37pm
you can buy Nioxion at any beauty suply store.Star

-------------
Cissy

Posted By: think_tom
Date Posted: October 02 2008 at 9:25am
Hey I was researching hair-loss on the web, and was intrigued by what I found out about LED light and low intensity laser light for possible hair rejuvenation. Respected organizations like NASA have done studies showing that at least it does help injured skin to heal-- I was very surprised. Not hard to imagine that the hair growing out of the skin might get some benefit too. Anyway since I'd done the digging I made a small site with links to some of the studies that I found; a link to my site is in my signature.

-------------
think_tom http://www.neolighthair.com - neolight hair

Posted By: _Princess_
Date Posted: December 08 2008 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Jerzygrl Jerzygrl wrote:

I had used nioxin a few weeks ago. The first time i used it I was ok with it. I really liked it too. I skipped a day of use then used it again. I was still ok with it. But, The third time I used it All Heck broke lose. About an hour after I used it. My heart started to race, I started to shake , I couldn't breath.I got the runs,  I  broke out in a red rash all over my face, arns and chest. I was hyperventilating. It was worse then a panic attack. But, I wasn't sure that it wasn't a panic attack.  All the symptoms lasted about two hours.

So I waited about a week, and i used it again. The reason why i wanted to use it again was to make sure that it was a reaction to Nioxin and not just a panic attack. But, I found out very quickly that it was a reaction to the Nioxin. As soon as i put it on my head all the symptoms started .It was horrible. Only this time I got tingeling in my arms and hands. with all the other symptoms that I had last time.

I really wouldn't  recommend  this produc  to any one. What ever is in it can cause a pretty bad reaction.Cry

Wow, does the bottle have any warnings on it?

-------------

Posted By: julesyjul88
Date Posted: December 08 2008 at 11:25pm

Sounds like an allergic reaction which could  happen with any shampoo.Some people are just sensitive to certain ingredients like MENTHOL.

I used Nioxin last year for a while because someone told me it makes your hair grow better.While I'm not sure if it helped it grow,it made my hair full and luscious.Definitely a must for anyone with thinning hair.

Date Posted: December 09 2008 at 12:19pm
^ Oo, you sold me on it Message%20Icon, fuller, thicker hair is what I'm longing for. Approx. how much does it cost? Looking for an average price b/c I know the BSS's near me are known to up tha prices on things and I'm not tryin' ta get ripped off by them..againMessage%20Icon  

-------------

Date Posted: December 09 2008 at 3:07pm
Well,if you buy the whole kit~ which is cleanser (shampoo),moisterizer (conditioner) and the scalp spray (meant to enhance growth) it will run you about 30-40 bucks.
I say just look for the shampoo, which you can get a pretty big bottle for 15 bucks.Because honestly,the condioner and spray dont really make much of a difference in my honest opinion.It's the shampoo that makes it fuller all by itself.

I have seen it everywhere from hair cutterys to beauty supply stores.Hair cuttery often has sales and one time I got a HUGE bottle for half the price.

Make sure to look for the right kind though! One is for normal,uncolored hair,and one is for color treated hair and one is for really thin hair and one is for course hair.

Date Posted: December 09 2008 at 5:42pm
Thanks, I'll def. look out for the shampoo for really thin hair.

Whats hair cuttery? I've never heard of that.

-------------

Date Posted: December 09 2008 at 7:14pm

Sorry hair cuttery around here is a just a popular franchise of hair cutting places.Another one is Great clips.I probably wouldnt trust them with a good cut,but they sell stuff cheaper sometimes.

Date Posted: December 12 2008 at 10:57am
Oh ok, thanks..I'll check out tha lil hair cuttin' spots around here and see if they have it

-------------

Posted By: Patricia8
Date Posted: July 10 2009 at 6:59am
A year ago I suffered from hair loss too and I started trying everything you can imagine to stop my hair loss.
the things that really worked for me was:

1) Vitamin A - an anti-oxidant which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp;

2) Vitamin E stimulates circulation. Good blood circulation in the scalp is important in keeping hair follicles productive. The 'B' vitamins contribute to melanin, which gives hair its healthy color and also stimulates blood circulation;

3) massage is also beneficial. Massage stimulates circulation. As already noted, good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Experts suggest a few minutes of daily head massage by hand. Circulation through massage may be improved by using a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond or sesame oil base with massage;

4) Try rubbing your scalp with garlic juice, Onion Juice or Ginger Juice(you can either of one out of three, Do not mix any of two or three);

5) also I used herbal treatment - I think it is very important!

It enhances hair growth by blocking DHT (Dihydrotestostrone) - a major cause of hair loss!

Good luck!

--------------------------------------

-------------

Posted By: OH2TX
Date Posted: July 07 2010 at 10:04am
I have been using Nioxin for about 2 years now.  I use the formula for color-treated hair.  I also take their Recharging Complex tablets.  I have noticed a HUGE difference since taking both.

Formerly, I would have just gobs of hair in the drain after taking a shower.   And if I brushed/combed my hair -- there would be hairs everywhere.  It was sooo discouraging.

I also take Vitamin D-3 and a multi-vitamin each day to promote health skin/hair. 

I use the Nioxin s/c for 2-3 days, then I use a good moisturizing Paul Mitchell s/c for a day.  I think the Nioxin does make your hair look a bit more "dull" in color/texture but I will live with that for the growth!

I wish you well.  It is soo devastating to lose one's hair.  :(

Posted By: edodidi
Date Posted: July 09 2010 at 3:24pm
Hello,

I think that with women especially as well it can be a multiple number of reasons from your thyroid to pattern hair loss. I tried different topical hair creams, Rogan for women with no success.

-------------

Posted By: luxardo
Date Posted: April 20 2011 at 8:18am
I have never used nioxin, but I've used M.Gardson's regeneration technique.
Had a friend which it grew back/got thicker with 2 inch for 4-6 months.

Posted By: barbz
Date Posted: May 06 2011 at 1:20pm
Don't no much about Nixion but the key to thinning hair is the stimulation of hair follicles to improve the amount of sebum that is produced to keep it healthy. Stimulated follicles will produce more hair so it will help sort out the thinning prob.
The intake of amino acids and vitamins with the use of essential oils will aslo make a differenence in your hair.
I do hope this product works for you and you get the joy of havin fuller hair.
All the best.

-------------

Posted By: Hairloss.co.in
Date Posted: June 11 2011 at 7:41am
You can use nioxin along with a minoxidil solution for better results. I'm not sure if nixon promotes new hair growth but a minoxidil solution like Rogaine will definitely regrow hair within a period of 4-6 months. :)

-------------

Posted By: HairGrowingTips
Date Posted: August 13 2011 at 3:33pm
Hi!

This is a great topic. I was browsing through the posts here and most of the answers are correct. Here's what I can share about Male Pattern Baldness

Male Pattern Baldness

Male Pattern Baldness – A Hair Raising Problem

Receding hairlines have caused sleepless nights for numerous men around the world. Most men accept a balding pate as a way of life. Nearly half the men below the age of 50, and two-thirds of them by the age of 65 see their precious tresses disappear at alarming rates.

They are often horrified by these first signs of aging. This rapid hair fall commonly known as Male Pattern Baldness (MPB) in medical parlance is a condition seen in most men. Women are also afflicted by baldness, though the incidence among them is much lower as compared to men. This condition has also been spotted among chimpanzees, orangutans and other primates. It is medically referred to as androgenic alopecia, androgenetic alopecia or alopecia seborrheica.

Male Pattern Baldness – The Symptoms

The symptoms and degrees of MPB have been known to vary widely. In typical cases, hair loss begins at the temples in a well-defined pattern. The hairline recedes to form an “M” shape. The hair at the crown of the head also begins thinning and gets shorter.

Usually, a rim of hair around the sides and rear of the head can be seen. This is also called the horseshoe pattern. This condition in middle aged and older men is called “Hippocratic balding”. In some cases the hair may fall continuously, eventually leading to complete baldness.

Women suffering from baldness do not exhibit similar symptoms. In their case, the hair gets thinner all over the head but the hairline does not recede. This is called Female Pattern Baldness.

Male Pattern Baldness Causes

Each single human hair grows by about one centimeter every month, for two to six years. After completing this cycle, it falls out and is replaced by new hair. At any given point of time, almost 85% of the hair on a human head is in the growing phase while the rest are dead. The hair is embedded in the skin in a cavity called the follicle.

In people affected by male pattern baldness, the follicle shrinks. Due to this, the hair gets shorter and finer to a point where the follicle has no hair inside. Normally, new hair replaces the lost hair. However in balding men, the follicles fail to grow new hair. The cause for this has been attributed to the male sex hormone (androgen, in particular). In addition to factors like hormones, the genes inherited by an individual may also be responsible though there are other factors that contribute to MPB.

Though one can do little to prevent the onset of male pattern baldness, staying informed about it can definitely help control the rate at which it occurs. 

Posted By: alacstewards
Date Posted: October 08 2011 at 3:09pm
Previously, I was just gobs of hair in the drain after taking shower. And if I brushed / combed hair - would not have hair all over. It 'was so discouraged.

-------------

Posted By: CelinaStar
Date Posted: January 19 2012 at 5:26am
Tried different things and now using the Matthew Gardsons method, it helps with blood flow on your scalp so you can grow more hair.
...use regularly and you will see the difference.

Print Page | Close Window