Forum Name: Curly Hair
Forum Description: Curly Heads Unite & Talk About Curls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=35415
Printed Date: May 17 2024 at 3:38am

Topic: anti frizz products
Posted By: PrissyVixen
Subject: anti frizz products
Date Posted: September 16 2005 at 11:06pm
I have extremely curly hair and i want to straighten it.  When i straighten it it stays straight for a while and as soon as i go outside it frizzes up.  I was wondering is there some kind of product that I can put on my hair to keep it straight.  I've tried the John Fredia Frizz serium but it doesn't work.  Any suggestions?  Please help!!!!

-------------
PrissyVixen

Replies:
Posted By: Sharyg11
Date Posted: September 23 2005 at 11:27pm
Redken smooth down heat glide, Tigi Catwalk Fashionista Smooth and Shine. They work better if you use a flat iron. Check out my post on "the fight against humidity" on the straight talk forum. I list all the products I have found to work wonders with my hair, as well as my hair regimen. Now take into consideration my hair is really curly and frizzie, so you may not have to follow my regimen to the T. If your hair is not as curlie, you can probably skip blow drying your hair, and just flat iron it straight. I can straighten my hair by just flat iron it, and it stays strait and frizz free. But I find that when I blow dry my hair with my ceramic hair dryer and then flat iron, not only does my hair come out super beautifull, super shiny, full of bounce, but it will stay that way no matter what. And I don't have to do anything to it until my next wash. So take a look at it, and see if it works for you.

Posted By: tommygrl
Date Posted: January 19 2007 at 2:08am
PAUL MITCHELL SMOOTH DOWN
ALTERNA HAIR STRENGTHENING BALM ALSO DO WONDER FOR UR HAIR THE REDKIN SMOOTH DOWN HEAT GLIDE IS ALSO GREAT

Posted By: BunnyWabbit
Date Posted: February 14 2007 at 10:28pm
the john frida stuff only works well if you put it in while your hair is damp, make sure you condition it really well in the shower too since curly hair tends to be drier than straight hair (has to do with the shape of the hair shaft i'm told).

and finshing products like the other ladies mentioned are really helpful, but for me, i can't blow dry before i flat iron, it just does way too much heat damage to my hair and i get all sorts of fly aways. i'll deep condition it at night in the shower, let it dry in really really loose pigtail briads while i sleep, then flat iron in the morning. 

Posted By: jerseygirlmi
Date Posted: February 17 2007 at 4:44pm
Hi ~

John Frieda is a rip-off. Try Zero Frizz Extra Strength Hair Serum - it's a miracle that I've found and can't live without. It's available in a 4 oz bottle (much bigger than Frieda's) and works better too. Check Walmart - only costs around $4.69!!!

Print Page | Close Window