Print Page | Close Window

Second day wash free

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=35425
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 8:31pm

Topic: Second day wash free
Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Subject: Second day wash free
Date Posted: September 17 2005 at 3:20pm
I'm trying to stop washing my hair every day so it's taking a bit of gettingu used to. Overall my hair is really smooth and soft. It feels a bit greasy at the front although not too bad. How many days is healthy between washes for long hair?

Replies:
Posted By: Layla
Date Posted: September 17 2005 at 5:29pm
Some of the people at the long hair community do water only and dont' wash their hair at all.

-------------
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Posted By: ChelseaB
Date Posted: September 17 2005 at 8:48pm
I have tried washing only once every 3 days. That is what I heard was regular, but since I have gotten bangs I cant do this. I wash my hair every morning go to bed at night and wake up with greasy bangs.  Is there any tricks or ways to avoid this?

-------------
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii

Date Posted: September 18 2005 at 3:21am
Yeah that's my problem too. I find brushing through the bangs gets rid of the problem as they aren't actually that greasy. They're just a bit flattened.

-------------

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: September 18 2005 at 6:01pm

HFO, There's no standard number of days. Generally every two to four days is good for most people's scalps. If you try C-COW-C or dilute your shampoo, the scalp will get accustomed to more days between washes (it takes about a month for adjustment)

Chelsea, you might want to check your shampoo or your pillowcase. A shampoo that contains ammonium something something, or sodium lauryl sulfate, will make the scalp product more oil than usual. Likewise a pillowcase that is especially absorbent (e.g. cotton) will have the same effect. Maybe try a silk or satin one? Edited to add: I'm not reading carefully enough!!!  You said it was just your bangs that got greasy and I spilled a paragraph of info that was completely N/A. ::sigh:: I you work out a good routine for yourself.

HTH

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: tdouty
Date Posted: September 20 2005 at 9:00am
Jennifer has bangs and washes the length of her hair about every 3 days.  Every day between washing the length, she puts her hair up in a bun in the shower and washes her bangs from the front without wetting the rest of her hair.  She leans into the water and wets the bangs, washes them with a bit of shampoo and then rinses it out .. again from the front and over her face.  Hope this helps.

-------------

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008

Date Posted: September 21 2005 at 11:00am
Thanks for the advice. Even after a few days I notice a difference in condition and my scalp's behaviour. Two days seems to be my limit for now.

-------------

Posted By: ChelseaB
Date Posted: September 21 2005 at 10:36pm

I am defintly going to try and just wash my bangs like that, I will try it out this weekend. Rather not do it on a school morning...could end in one embarrsing and stressful day. And Anais I have been meaning to try a satin pillowcase for awhile, thanks for the help.

Hellfrozenover, do  you get your hair wet in the shower inbetween the 2 days and not shampoo and condition. Or do you totally just keep your hair out of the shower?

-------------
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii

Posted By: BrooKiki
Date Posted: September 22 2005 at 12:00am
I actually try to go a week between washings....although I'm on day six and my hair feels a little oily, so I should probably wash it tomorrow.  Most of the time, I don't notice a big problem and I don't think that my hair's particulary dry; it seems pretty normal.  I don't know how good this is for your hair, but I remember reading a tip that suggested putting a bit of scented bath powder on a hairbrush and then brushing your hair.  It absorbed excess oil and makes your hair smell fresh.  I've tried it before and I like it.

Date Posted: September 22 2005 at 10:52am
I keep my hair out of the water. If it gets wet it usually feels greasy when it's dry again.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window