Print Page | Close Window

on scalp bleach.. off scalp HELP!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=35717
Printed Date: April 18 2024 at 6:20pm

Topic: on scalp bleach.. off scalp HELP!
Posted By: ammonia
Subject: on scalp bleach.. off scalp HELP!
Date Posted: September 25 2005 at 5:23am

ok so i have a new question.. what the heck is on scalp bleach or off scalp (sorry i dont know the names that good).. im used to buying bleaching kits over the counter.. but then i go to sallys and there is so many products i get confused.. and the ladys there dont know nothinG! whats safe, whats not. thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: September 25 2005 at 5:32am

If it says off-scalp, you don't apply it to your scalp.  It'll probably cause irritation if you ignore the instructions and use it on your scalp anyway.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: KellyH
Date Posted: September 25 2005 at 9:02am

I read somewhere that 'off the scalp' lighteners/bleaches should ONLY be used by professionals because they are applied in specific ways. Sounds a little scary to me. I'd stick with an 'on the scalp' kind.

Posted By: aubergine
Date Posted: September 25 2005 at 9:37am
I used an on the scalp one, no irritation, no difficult or special application requirements, so I'd recommend on scalp if your unsure.

Posted By: ammonia
Date Posted: September 26 2005 at 4:39am
thanks to all of you for the help.. now im a lil more educated in the whole bleaching process ;]

Posted By: Veronica F
Date Posted: September 27 2005 at 2:18am
off the scalp is mainly used crown hi-lights and the like, on scalp is what pple use for a double process blonde or full head application.

Posted By: moffpoff
Date Posted: October 27 2005 at 10:16am
Well i read in a swedish news paper of a girl who used the Poly Blonde off the scalp hi-ligth kit on here scalp and got LOADS of chemical burns and lost here hair permanently O.o but i used on time i bleached my bangs and nuthin went wrong:P maby im a lucky one?

-------------
12 Inch Wawa, Installed with Protac, i love hair extensions<3

Posted By: Bryan
Date Posted: October 27 2005 at 7:19pm
on the scalp bleach is bleach used to bleach the hair right up to the scalp. off the scalp bleach is used with highlights, where the bleach will never touch the scalp. if you use off scalp bleach on the scalp, you will get chemical burns.

-------------
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)

Print Page | Close Window