Print Page | Close Window

Newbie wants to know more!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=35808
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 6:21pm

Topic: Newbie wants to know more!
Posted By: MrsMNK
Subject: Newbie wants to know more!
Date Posted: September 28 2005 at 2:53am

hey im new here, but ive been reading ur topics for quite a while now, My hair is BSL and I want it to grow as long as possible! if hair grows 6 inch per year does that mean if i look after my hair from now to this time next year my hair will b sumwhere above my bum? i hope so!

In the past i must say i have been Cruel to my hair, with dyeing and straightening etc, but i have stopped that for sum years now, and im really wanting my hair to grow as long as it can!

does anyone know which is the best shampoo & conditioner to use, or if you know of any good products to use on my hair. And will using heat protection spray with UV filter on my hair damage it?(only using it for protection from sun)

Thanks!

Replies:
Posted By: kimberlily
Date Posted: September 29 2005 at 10:29am

You'll get lots of different advice here. This is what I'm doing...

wash hair 2-3 times per week with diluted shampoo (I dilute Aveda Shampure 50/50 with spring water since my water is hard).

the night before a wash, heavily oil hair with coconut oil and put in braids to sleep.

In the morning, before washing, apply deep conditioning treatment to oiled hair. Leave on for at least 30 minutes.

Rinse hair with diluted apple cider vinegar to get rid of minerals from hard water and to make hair shine.

Towel-dry hair (don't rub, blot!) and apply a little jojoba oil. Comb carefully, and let hair air-dry.

I also don't sleep with my hair down. I always wear it in braids at night so I don't wake up with tangles. Plus, it gives me really nice waves :)

Date Posted: September 29 2005 at 10:43am

Thanks for the advice! which kind of shops could i purchase coconut oil & jojoba oil?? and how much does it cost?

do you think my hair will grow full 6'' from now to this time next year?

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: September 29 2005 at 6:44pm

Growth of 6" is pretty normal. If you are gentle with your hair, search out and snip off split ends individually (as possible), and eat well /drink enough water, I don't see why 6" is unreasonable.

Jojoba and coconut oil can be found in natural food stores, or natural beauty shoppes such as Pilgrim's Nutrition Center, or Trader Joe's, Whole Foods. Jojoba usually ranges from $2 - $4 per one ounce. Coconut oil ranges from $2 - $5 per pound.

Happy Growing

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: cookiesnkream
Date Posted: September 29 2005 at 7:25pm

a wonderful shampoo is Neutrogena triple
moisture creme lather shampoo,, its gentle ,,, i have
the same goal as you and this has changed my hair
along with deep conditioning with garnier mask and
triple moisture mask. Also be extra careful with the
heat and also use heat protectant

-------------
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   

Date Posted: September 30 2005 at 2:50am

Thanks so much!well as im from uk i havent ever heard of them type of stores, but ill try Find them from sumwhere, i will get sum neutrogena triple moisture creme lather shampoo aswell, i do drink alot of water and i will eat all my fruit & veg per day, i mostly wear my hair in a braid everyday, i dont use Straighteners or hairdryers or any heat products no more,  what does the hair type 3b or 2c mean???

Thanksssss!

Posted By: cookiesnkream
Date Posted: September 30 2005 at 7:25pm

hair type 3b or 3c is whtat my hair type is,, very
curly frizzy hair,, theres a page on naturallycurly.com
that tells u all abou the different hairtypes,, if ur hair
is very straight and fine ur a 1b for ex . its
http://naturallycurly2.com/curlscene/entry.php?id=35
4&entryt

-------------
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   

Date Posted: October 01 2005 at 3:15am

well My hair used to be really really frizzy when i used to dye and straighten and stuff, but now its really calmed down, but it still doesnt dry straight, i would say my hair type is now between 2A and 2B! ill try get sum pics up soon!

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: October 23 2005 at 6:09pm
Belated welcome, MrsMNK!  Your hair sounds lovely and I'm sure you'll reach your hair growth goal! 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window