Forum Description: Lace Front Wig Talk
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=36221
Printed Date: July 27 2024 at 2:26am

Topic: Lace Front Wigs
Posted By: Anointed
Subject: Lace Front Wigs
Date Posted: October 10 2005 at 9:22pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie to the forum and I wanted to know if you have any info on good lace fronts and pics. I really want one and do not want to waste my money.

Thanks!

Replies:
Posted By: London
Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 12:01pm
please be careful DONT go to Myindianhair.com i ahve PM u my story i hope it is not too late.

Posted By: jodicline
Date Posted: December 20 2005 at 3:47pm

I used customlacefrontwigs.info for the U.S and I love mine.  I just ordered one that had in stock and it fits great and looks good.  I am having a hard time getting my natural think frizzy hair to fit under it without showing.  I also am a pathetic corn rower so any other hints on how to hide your own hair underneath?  I am half tempted to cut it all off.  Anyway, this company is great and quick.

Posted By: merisit
Date Posted: December 30 2005 at 5:38pm

Hey jodi....

do they have a payment plan???  Im too broke to spend such a big lump sum at once....

Posted By: MONET
Date Posted: December 30 2005 at 5:57pm

I got the info on those Lace Front Wigs....Trust Me I have heard the worst/best...seen the thickest/thinest... And definately the most expensive right down to the cheapest.

Posted By: first time
Date Posted: April 03 2006 at 10:10am
Monet can you give me the infor you have about lace front wigs. I'm interested in purchasing one myself. I would like to know where to go, to get a good one. Thanks

Date Posted: April 03 2006 at 10:13am

Originally posted by London London wrote:

please be careful DONT go to Myindianhair.com i ahve PM u my story i hope it is not too late.

london what happenned when yu went to myindianhair.com I was thinking about going there this week. They have one located in my area.

Date Posted: April 03 2006 at 10:15am

Hi,

Can you give me some information about a good supplier to get the wigs from they sell them on ebay as well but I'm not sure if thats the route to take. Thanks

Posted By: CocoScotty
Date Posted: April 19 2006 at 1:23pm
I was wondering has anyone purchased a front lace wig and what they think of the whole concept? I dont like full wigs.  I like the feeling of my hair breathing and does the glue pull out your hairline?  Do you have the feeling of wearing a wig?  I was always afraid of it coming off or shifting.  Both of which I have had happen.  Also how long do they last for real?  I have been told my wigs should last for 6 months but I am lucky to get them to last 3 months and that is with really good care.  I know also it all depends on cost but do you really want to drop the price of a cheap car on a wig??????  So what is affordable when it comes to these wigs???  I want to hear from the women who have gone out and purchased one.  I am a lover of 3/4 wigs or falls.  They appear natual and I dont fear them falling off.  I have a brand I am very fond of but I have found them hard to find.  Name the best human hair falls out there and why you think so.

Posted By: ThAbAdDeStBaBy
Date Posted: April 19 2006 at 7:52pm

Well I just starting in with the LF phenomenal .  I purchaed one from a vender (check out BHM)  Lydia, and also from a BHM member. I can say that at first I was skeptical  because I could NOT stand the feeling of wigs on my head. Well when I got the first one (from BHM member), took my time to apply the adhesives (Mity tight, tight grip and tape) and then the LF, I was suprised. My head was light, it looked very natural, the adhesives isn't that bad, and it was not loose nor shifting. 

For the application/adhesives, I can say that it all depends on the person reaction to the adhesives, like some like UH (ultra hold) and others dont because it did not stay put, some like tight grip and others dont, etc. Its more of a trial and error of what works for you. 

The only way tha it will pull your hairline is if you glue/tape right ontop of yout hairline. One usually glue/tape right before the hairline and the removers when used properly works to get the glue off ( I had glue get on my hair at the temple area and the removers worked to get it off) just dont be rough with it basically and of course be patient and take your time.

I dont know how long the LF last...that all depends once again on the person, maintenance of the LF and if its worn daily/every single day and thats what I think the person meant when they told you 6 months..I think thats if you plan to wear it non-stop.

Affordability goes on what you want: (style, hair texture,type of lace, etc) and which vender/company you go with. My best advice is for you to check out BHM (Blackhairmedia.com) hair forum. Because we over there have a lot of info on Lacefronts from how/what to order to how to apply it. Sorry for writing a book LOL. HTH 

Posted By: metalgirl
Date Posted: April 21 2006 at 2:01am
I was wondering if the adhesive would pull out your hairline.  How do you think Beyonce  has her lace front adhered?  It appears that she wears it behind her natural hairline and leaves a  small bit of her natural hairline showing. Is there any tape / glue safe to use on the hairline area without risking damage to the natural hair?

Posted By: ThAbAdDeStBaBy
Date Posted: April 21 2006 at 3:55am

Originally posted by metalgirl metalgirl wrote:

I was wondering if the adhesive would pull out your hairline.  How do you think Beyonce  has her lace front adhered?  It appears that she wears it behind her natural hairline and leaves a  small bit of her natural hairline showing. Is there any tape / glue safe to use on the hairline area without risking damage to the natural hair?

Thats a good question....I mean I know that I do get a little glue on my hairline but it all depends on how you remove it from your hair to cause or prevent damage. But thats JMO. See when I get the glue on any part of my hair (near the hairline) or my moms hair, I use enough of the adhesive remover let it sit for about a minute or two, I guess so it get really into it, and I comb it out VERY gently and it comes out without a fight persay. But like I said before thats just me  and I havent applied my LF behind my hairline either. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Posted By: hollywoodryda
Date Posted: August 31 2006 at 11:27am
Hello, 

Could you give me some info on where I can get a good quality lacefront wig but not pay my head to get it??? 

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: October 29 2006 at 4:38pm
Hey ladies..and my company offers Full Lace Wigs. I have an awesome reputation and a good customer service philosophy!

Note:  This post has been edited to remove blatant advertising as per HairTalk rules. 

Posted By: Brown$ugar
Date Posted: November 05 2006 at 6:22am
Originally posted by metalgirl metalgirl wrote:

Bey deffinately wears her lace in front of the hair line, check out BHM for all the candid tragic revealing shots of her and her lace fronts lol especially live or when in concert, although you can wear a lace front behind the hairline it would kind of defeat the purpose of wearing a lacefront, if you watch Bey's never ending pics in the media you will notice that sometimes she has a slightly shorter forhead (wearing a lace front) where as now and then but rare she has a longer forehead (her hair no lace front) deffinately check out BHM those girls got more info on lace front wigs than half the vendors around offering them lol

As far as Bey goes Im amused that people think its her natural hair, that girl changes her hair style, cut, length, colour that often anybody with that much real treatment and styling woulda been flatout bald by now lol

Im vernturing into the lacefront experience myself soon currently researching before purchasing im excited lol!

Posted By: sweetcharlene
Date Posted: January 27 2007 at 6:18pm
Hi

the place I get mine from are called  http://www.lace-front-wig.com - www.lace-front-wig.com excellent quality. I have bought from others- chinaCry and it was a waste of time, and money. I have 2 relaxed textured Lace fronts and they really are so natural- and my own hair is growing so nicely underneath without chemicals or tension.

They are really goodClap

-Charlene

Posted By: deegrace
Date Posted: February 04 2007 at 2:29am
Hello ladies,

Browse other lace front sites so that you can make an educated decision about your purchase.   See for yourself.Thumbs%20Up

Note:  This post has been edited to remove blatant advertising which is prohibited by HB.com HairTalk rules.

Posted By: eridees
Date Posted: February 04 2007 at 11:38pm
I stumbled across this forum while doing a search on lace front wigs and I found a young lady who suffers from alopecia and has been wearing them for a while and she even post a video on how she applies her wigs and they look great!

You can view her video here:
http://www.saucydamedelux.com/weblog/2006/08/because_inquiring_minds_want_t_1.html - http://www.saucydamedelux.com/weblog/2006/08/because_inquiring_minds_want_t_1.html

And you can go to her website (she has more pics of her in different wigs and she also sells them.) Video was also on this site but it wasn't working properly.
http://crownanglory.com/aboutus.html - http://crownanglory.com/aboutus.html

Posted By: lohan
Date Posted: February 06 2007 at 7:47pm
Hi,

I am a newbie...........where can I get the information that you are talking about?

Thanks,
Smile

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: February 07 2007 at 3:40pm
Go to BHM or black hair media.And ignore most of the posts this part of the forum.This part was meant to talk about wigs and such.But its turned into a place where everyone is advertising sadly.I wont be buying from anyone who advertises this way.

Posted By: devanisha
Date Posted: April 24 2007 at 2:04pm
Hi

What is your story?

I am really ineterested in getting  a full lace wig. I really really need to give my hair a rest lol theres so many companies offering them and i'm having a  hard time deciding who to buy it from and what type of lace to get. Do you have a any recommendations?
Any info you have whether good or bad would be greatly appreciated

Thanks LOL

Posted By: devanisha
Date Posted: April 26 2007 at 6:42am

Hi everyone

Since i found out about lace front wigs (about a month ago) i've nbeen spending nearly all my time researching the different sites stocking them. I live in London where it hasn't really come out yet so i dont know what to expect and i  want to get it from somewhere i can be sure will give me the best value for my money.
I've looked on lace-front-wig.com, divalacefrontwigs.com,and a lot of the ones mentioned in this forum.  I ws going to order at lace-front-wig.com when i noticed that on all about my hair.com there seemed to be 'african american relaxed coarse premium which looks so much more like the hair black people have. I'm worried about having a wig shipped out to me and finding that the texture is all silky and unlikely to look like my own, or that it looks really unatural and like a wig i think i would  cry if this happened cos i've been working hard to  save for itCry   lol

Also what colour lace do you get i'm not darkskinned or lightskinned but just brown and i dont know whether to get a light brown, medium brown or black lace. there just seems to be so many options but not enough info on the sites.

can you realy tie the full lace ones up high without people detecting that its a wig? that would be really good for me to be able to do that and also part the hair anwhere i want. it just sounds to good to be true. Does this really exist?

If any of you have any answers to my queries or info on some really good places to get a full lace from then pls let me know,

Also any good stories or horror stories you have would be very much appreciated. I'm so excited because i really need to give my hair a rest and allow it to grow. the sooner i order a wig the better. pls pls pls pls anyone who has good info let me know Smile 

sorry to be writing so much lol

Posted By: Divavocals
Date Posted: April 30 2007 at 11:15am

The most comprehensive information I've seen on lacefront wigs is on the BHM forums.. http://forum.blackhairmedia.com - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com . Please read all the newbie stickies. (the vets get testy about folks asking questions which are already addressed in the stickie notes at the top of the lacefront forum) There's lots of good application and vendor information there, and lots of great women to help you with questions you might have.. HTH

Posted By: 150-55-27
Date Posted: May 23 2007 at 10:12pm
I like lacefront wigs they are really great especially if you have a medical condition. I have used one of the sites that posted a reply and did not have a good experience, and I was going to use one of the sites that posted and found they are not reliable. If anyone has questions please pm me and I will let you know which vendor I'm seaking of. Thanks

Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: May 30 2007 at 1:12am
Originally posted by Longhairdreams Longhairdreams wrote:

Go to BHM or black hair media.And ignore most of the posts this part of the forum.This part was meant to talk about wigs and such.But its turned into a place where everyone is advertising sadly.I wont be buying from anyone who advertises this way.

Please report inappropriate advertising since my goal was to make this about wigs.  I am a huge fan of wigs and will look into removing any inappropriate posts.

Also, if anyone is using Bmail inappropriately to advertise their wigs, please bmail me their User ID and they will be blocked from using Bmail inappropriately.

Thanks for all your help.

Karen

Posted By: stacey911
Date Posted: June 20 2007 at 10:36pm
I think if you love to wear lace front wigs, it makes no sense to me, to keep your hair braided underneath. The wig just doesn`t sit right, It looks fake sitting high. I suggest in shaving your hair off. Thats what I did, the Lace front sit like my own , the best decision ever.

Date Posted: June 24 2007 at 7:21pm
I beg to differ.. I've seen LOTS of ladies who wear these wigs with their hair braided underneath and it looks GREAT.. I think it's a matter of being able to braid small flat braids or having a stylist/braider who can braid small flat braids..

Date Posted: June 24 2007 at 9:53pm
whatereverCensoredThumbs%20Down, SHAVE IT OFF, Whats the use of trying to grow what is totally useless. Braiding and Braiding for what? SHAVE IT OFF

Date Posted: June 24 2007 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by stacey911 stacey911 wrote:

whatereverCensoredThumbs%20Down, SHAVE IT OFF, Whats the use of trying to grow what is totally useless. Braiding and Braiding for what? SHAVE IT OFF
I'm glad shaving works for you, but it's not for everyone..

Shaving makes sense if you are a woman suffering from a form of hairloss.. why try to hang on the the little bit of hair that's left?? I have two girlfriends who did just that.. They shaved the last little hair they had left before applying their lacefront wigs..

However, not all women wearing lacefront wigs are suffering from hairloss.. Therefore they braid their hair under the wig to protect their hair while wearing the wig.. Some women even attach their lacefronts to a braided foundation and sewing the wig in place.. (kinda like an instant weave of sorts)

Date Posted: June 25 2007 at 8:01pm
Don`t you know all or 99% lace front wigs and hair comes for China, all they do is buy it off of them. DUHLamp

Posted By: isaac
Date Posted: June 25 2007 at 8:50pm
Not sure where you are located.
If your in NYC I can show you the lace fronts at our shop.
I am a venilator so I know how to make them.
I have close to 10 years expereance with them.

If you add the hair in properly you can work it so you dont have to shave your hair.

if you get from China be carefull.

isaac

cyberparlor.com

Date Posted: June 26 2007 at 2:10am
Originally posted by stacey911 stacey911 wrote:

Don`t you know all or 99% lace front wigs and hair comes for China, all they do is buy it off of them. DUHLamp
Yep I sure did know that..Tongue A large majority of the lacefront wigs come from China. Mexico too has a flourishing wigmaking industry as well.. A majority of the hair used in the wig and hair industry comes from India and China.

However when I take the lacefront plunge, I will be purchasing my wigs  from American vendors using local ventilators..

Date Posted: June 26 2007 at 4:16pm
OK, glad that you know and I  know.Clap

Date Posted: June 26 2007 at 4:37pm
I never suffered from any type of hair loss, I had a full head of hair, it was thick not very long, but, I had no baldness or falling hair. I just realized that braiding and perming was a waste of time and money. Trying to hold on the a texture of hair that I did not like....so I decided to shave it off. All my lace fronts fits like its my own..lays down nicely, looks like its coming out of my scalp.  Think about this carefully, why do most black people wear weaves, pieces, lacefronts. Do you think we love our hair and texture?WackoWackoDo you think we love what god has given us on our heads? Why do people perm? Why do people get rhinoplasy? Why do we want liposuction or large breast? Do we love our skin? Dig deep you will find the answersLamp. You don`t have to be suffering from any hair loss to shave your head...look a "Brittney Spears" she had hair.Wink

Posted By: soulie
Date Posted: June 26 2007 at 5:44pm
Stacy, you have a viewpoint that suits you.  I personally love my gifts from God, my hair included.  I love the softness and color of my hair.  There is one type of weave I wear specifically to enhance my hair -- not replace it.  As for relaxing hair: most people I know who wear lacefronts don't relax their hair because there is no point in potentially damaging their own hair when they are planning to cover it.

I disagree with unnecessary shaving of one's head.  First, it creates a commitment to wearing artificial hair -- completely eliminating versatility in styling; you now HAVE to wear a lacefront.

Rhinoplasty, lipsuction, large(r) breasts:  all of these are ways of enhancing one's gifts from God.  It does not indicate a self-hatred; it indicates that people are choosing to make something better.  Perhaps you find you look better wearing a lacefront, but I like having a hairline.

Date Posted: June 26 2007 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by soulie soulie wrote:

Stacy, you have a viewpoint that suits you.  I personally love my gifts from God, my hair included.  I love the softness and color of my hair.  There is one type of weave I wear specifically to enhance my hair -- not replace it.  As for relaxing hair: most people I know who wear lacefronts don't relax their hair because there is no point in potentially damaging their own hair when they are planning to cover it.

I disagree with unnecessary shaving of one's head.  First, it creates a commitment to wearing artificial hair -- completely eliminating versatility in styling; you now HAVE to wear a lacefront.

Rhinoplasty, lipsuction, large(r) breasts:  all of these are ways of enhancing one's gifts from God.  It does not indicate a self-hatred; it indicates that people are choosing to make something better.  Perhaps you find you look better wearing a lacefront, but I like having a hairline.
Here here girl!!!ClapClap Gotta co-sign on all of this and add the following: In the extensions/wigs game, one size does not fit all.. So if a particular style method, etc works for you then GREAT! Do it!! Not every method or even type of hair works for everyone.. In the end we all make individual choices based on our own preferences and lifestyle.. If it looks good and makes you feel good, then wear it and wear it well!!

Posted By: beautyhair365
Date Posted: July 15 2007 at 8:59am
we are a hair products manfacture ,we can supply you a wide range of hair products with best price.like,nail hair ,stick hair,easy ring hair,clip on hair,skin weft,lace wig,and hair extension tool.etc.our email is beautyhair365@hotmail.com
welcome to contact us for more details

Posted By: beautyhair365
Date Posted: July 15 2007 at 9:02am
we are a hair products manfacture ,we can supply you a wide range of hair products with best price.like,nail hair ,stick hair,easy ring hair,clip on hair,skin weft,lace wig,and hair extension tool.etc.our email is beautyhair365@hotmail.com
welcome to contact us for more details

Posted By: Tea4Two
Date Posted: March 14 2008 at 12:01am

I stumbled across this vendor from another forum but their website does not list any specs or prices for their wigs. I don't even know if they sell to individuals or just to companies buying wholesale.

Anyway, do any of you know of this company or have ordered from them?  If they are a good company, it'd be nice to add them to "the list."

They are:  http://www.besthumanhair.cn/ - www.besthumanhair.cn/

Posted By: chyna_li
Date Posted: March 14 2008 at 8:58pm
divavocals and soulie IM SO WITH U.  I FOR DAMNED SURE WILL NOT BE SHAVING MY DAMNED HEAD.  

Posted By: Unladylikediva
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 12:38am
^^^and you don;t have too.

Posted By: Curlygirl11
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 1:46am
I have more than 20 inches of my own natural hair that I wrap underneath my lace fronts and they look very natural. My sister is the only person who doesn't know the lace fronts are not my own hair. Shaving off your natural hair is NOT necessary to successfully apply a lace front. Applying the lace fronts over your  natural hair helps it grow much faster and has not done any damage to my hairline.

Just wanted to make sure none of the ladies who are thinking about experimenting with lace fronts takes the uneccessary step of shaving their heads only to regret it later.

Posted By: Afrotekt
Date Posted: August 10 2008 at 9:23am
I shaved my head and it was the best thing I've ever done.
I was sick of perming, braiding and fooling with my natural hair, and the LF is the easiest method to get the style I wanted. (Long tight curls)
I don't mind my natural hair texture (4a with some 3c mixed in) but I wish it didn't break so easily. I had intended to try and grow my hair out under my LF, but-1. The new growth itches so much I have to shave every 3 days 2. When the hair comes in it ruins the LF's parting; 3. I don't have the patience to go from bald to 28"...I need instant gratification, lol.

-------------
architecture is for everyone

Posted By: DIMPLES
Date Posted: August 14 2008 at 6:29pm
   hello    Anointed                                  good place to get lace front wigs   http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=0011NmUyuEoMgeztbQp3doeV9tlpuMvtaiXHhPOVbe4wjK9PXxvWUpGLF8YEr_FohkBZRyIoLhutcJrxqdfSsJX3NUEgV4SC8fnFgdsIQnqZoBUVMsm_NuLVzgNNFkNR0VPvwRIdF5qk-w= - http://www.celebritystylewigs.com/shop    you can read all the responce , that have order on their website good luck on your search

-------------
GET BUSY LIVING OR START DIEING

Posted By: Bella8933
Date Posted: August 19 2008 at 10:24am
To each her own so if you want to shave or grow it out ... make your choice. I'm not trying to talk anyone into shaving their head. That a personal choice.

I agree with shaving it off as well though - so I understand the argument.

I got tired of growing it out - putting in braids, or perming it to get that 'look' that I wanted too. I often wonder why the girls here so cherish growing out their hair .. when they are just gonna perm it again or put a weave in it and in about 6 months to a year - they will be back in the same place they are now.  Which is again TRYING to grow out the damaged hair and whatnot all over again.

I just shaved mine - not completely bald ... but very close. It was scary but wowwwww is my application the bomb!! It's soooo flat on my head.

Upsides:

- When the wind blows my lf ... I can feel the wind on my scalp. Feels great
- My head is light .. no cornrows up there mashed below the lf
- When it's hot ... ummm it's not so bad anymore because my real hair is mostly gone and with the ultra sheer swiss lace ... it keeps the heat down
- If I have to scratch ... ahh heaven ... because my head is 'right there'
- When someone puts their hands on my head ... no bumps or lumps ... it's just round and smoth like it's supposed to feel - so don't feel funny about that anymore.
- I tailored/cut back my units to fit exactly and because I keep my head  shaved .. I never have to worry that the new growth will block me from wearing a particular unit.
- the nape of the unit does not lift anymore because of a 'tight' fit. You know when your own hair is growing ... the fit gets tighter so your nape or whatever wants to lift often
- my lace blends into the adhesives on my head so my scalp or the 'part'
looks great!
- Best thing - my once a week wash and go routine takes 30 minutes now!!!!!!. I remove my unit (10) minutes, take a shower and wash my head, (5) shave imy head a bit(+-5) and reapply another unit which takes maybe 20 minutes.  I'm good to go.

Drawbacks: I can't go out without a lf (or a nice head wrap). But  my lf is always on my head because it takes so little time to apply now. 

And, I never did switch back and forth between my own hair and the lf.
Once I migrated from the long braids to the lf ... I just stayed with them. So people think I finally took the braids out and this is my real hair.  I don't wanna mess up that story...Big%20smile

No, I never switched back and forth - for one thing .. everyone will be in your face because today ... you head looks 'different'. So then you've gotta tell them something. Then you will never hear the end of the 'questions'.

I do love my natural hair but it grows too slow to wait until it grow to locs or a big afro etc... so I stay with lf. Maybe I will find a large afro lf? That's a thought.

So if people say they are growing their hair out because they want to wear it natural - okay .. then I see an end to the madness otherwise ... I don't see the point.

Every 6 months or so will be just like ... 'Ground hog' day.

Posted By: Pollypanda
Date Posted: August 21 2008 at 11:34am
Wow,

I have to take my hat off to you for the whole head shaving thing.  I couldn't even imagine doing that.  I had really short hair when I was a kid and everyone used to think I was a boy.  Soooo traumatic.  But hey, each to their own. 

I tend to use clip on hair extensions but i do love the look of lace front wigs. Will have to investigate more about them.

-------------
http://www.extensionsforhair.zoxic.com - http://www.extensionsforhair.zoxic.com

Posted By: ebonyyasmine
Date Posted: August 22 2008 at 10:22am
WOW !!!  I take my hat off to anyone that shaves their head.  I love my LF, but I love my natural hair more.  For the past week I took a break from the adhesives and tapes and I'm wearing my own hair, which is 100% natural and mid back as a result of LF.  I love the feeling of the wind on my scalp and my SO fingers when they're in my hair and I don't have to worry about glue, lifting etc...  It's priceless

I know everyone has their own preference, but I perfer my natural hair and could never shave it off. 

Although I know your app's are fierceThumbs%20Up

-------------
http://www.ynobecouturewigs.com - http://www.ynobecouturewigs.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-kA8VODVEk - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-kA8VODVEk

Posted By: Bella8933
Date Posted: August 22 2008 at 4:57pm

I think it's great that your hair has grown so long under your lf .. but again, the question remains ... 'what are you going to do with it'? It does no good to keep a head full of natural hair under a lf for the rest of your life. Then you have to manage two heads - your own head and the lf head of hair. Too much work.

If it's natural .. that means it's an afro right now - which is fine to wear. But if you want to wear it long .. hanging down your back, then you have to perm it (which will damage it etc.) so then ... what's the point?

You will be back under the lf a few months because the chemicals doom your hair to 'problems'. To make matter worse, believe it or not ... you will age :) and when you start getting a significant amount of gray in your head ... you will want to dye and perm it (so more damage).

The simple fact that you are older means you hair gets thinner and the fact that you have been perming it for 25 years takes a toll as well.

Perms are new. When I was little I had my hair 'pressed' with a hot comb - everyone did. But I remember my mother coming home with a kit called 'Curl Free' with a White girl with curly hair on the front on the box?

Confusing but my mother 'permed' my hair with it. It did not go straight ... but it was much more manageable.

Soon thereafter .. the PERM that we know of today emerged so mother brought us to the Beauty salon (as you could not buy the Perm off the shelf) and we started getting our hair ... permed.

I'm saying this because I am in the first generation of people that have been perming their hair since high school so now I see the results of 30 years worth of perms on the head on my friends.

I have a ton of girl friends that are 50+ and not a one of them has a healthy head of hair. They are constantly dealing with the latest 'breakage' fiasco and they have been in perms as long as I can remember.

That's why I said 'what are you going to do with it?'

IMO - if you want to grow your own hair ... keep it in afro or locs - but not braids, perms etc because all that crap .. is the beginning of the end. Ouch

Posted By: Afrotekt
Date Posted: September 18 2008 at 11:39am
^ ITA. If I can ever manage to grow my own hair out, there will be no more relaxers! I want to lock it...and I envision myself as a 60 year old woman with long, grey locks...

-------------
architecture is for everyone

Posted By: RDYRED25
Date Posted: September 18 2008 at 2:10pm
i too shaved my head and think it is the best thing for my hair, my hair is thin and breaks very easily....maybe in the future i will choose to grow it out but for now i love the convenience of it....

Posted By: choclatey77
Date Posted: September 21 2008 at 1:57am
I thought about shaving my hair when I first started wearing lfs but im sure happy that I didnt. My hair is all natural now I just started wearing it in french braids because i started a new hair regimine that requires me to put the concoction in  my hair just about every day when im not lazy. So I have it applied in the front and i sewed combs on sides and back. I can just flip it up every morning apply my concoction and then go about my business. But before I started wearing french braids I took soulies advice and braided it in 2 pig tails on the side and  then pull them around to the back that worked.  I got some new ones coming in and I want to have a full ap with those so I will just put in the concotion in once a week My hair has grown so much it has never been this healthy and long. Once it grows to the end of my shoulder I then plan to alternate between lace fronts and my real hair. Lace fronts will help grow your hair back healthy and long plus this gives you a chance to properly take care of your hair without the chemicals.

Posted By: remy
Date Posted: September 24 2008 at 9:45pm

I agree...i am a lf newbie also and i navigate through BHM everyday...I have learned alot from those ladies...I will be purchasing a stock unit to practice on my clients from a CV....If Anyone know any info on Lydia Please PM me...i would appreciate it....THANKS IN ADVANCE

-------------
Changing Images

Posted By: nbrickhouse
Date Posted: October 28 2008 at 3:42pm
I would like to know how to make a lace front wig? Is their anyone that can help me?

Posted By: Dimples7777
Date Posted: October 28 2008 at 6:44pm
Hi, I have been researching a good video to purchase to learn how to make a lace wig, as well.  I was interested in the Breslin video, but it is very expensive.  I am still looking.  Here is some basic information about the lace wig making process.  It is probably not as helpful as seeing a live demo though.

http://www.mhrw.com/ft_tools2.html - http://www.mhrw.com/ft_tools2.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8F3FkE8YA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8F3FkE8YA

-------------
"A wise man never knows all, only fools know everything."
African Proverb

Posted By: kiana27
Date Posted: January 19 2009 at 6:37am
i bought my wigs from http://www.wigsunique.com - www.wigsunique.com  on very low price, i have used it for 4 months, the quality is very good. i don't trust Chinese supplier because many frauds there, but i will just order wigs from this supplier.....

Posted By: ilnaij
Date Posted: July 08 2009 at 3:32am

The American vendors i like wagmanprimus.com and californialacewigs.com

The Chinese vendors i like http://www.visionremyhair.com - http://www.visionremyhair.com mailto:visionhaircn@gmail.com - visionhaircn@gmail.com and it's been good quality for a decent price.

Posted By: flaky
Date Posted: October 16 2009 at 12:08pm
Hey, Im new to this site but can add my two penies Smile

I have bought a number of off the shelf lace wigs from the states but was not happy as they didnot always fit. 

I have recently purchased a lace wig from http://www.mycustomwig.com - www.mycustomwig.com .  Not sure if youve heard from it. It did take 4 weeks to arrive but it looks really good. I went for the 1b human straight 18 inches.

I do need help on the best adhesive to use as ive also tried so many on the market a and so far none of them give me a bond longer than a few days.....

Posted By: Cparkinson
Date Posted: October 29 2009 at 3:19pm
There are different glues for different skill levels when applying a http://www.undetectablewigz.com - full lace wigs . For a begginer I would recommend Mity Tite, for an expert, Safe Grip. Use these in combination with clear adhesive wig tapes. The Safe Grip should last between 1-6 weeks  used in conjunction with tape.

Cheers

Posted By: Ann10
Date Posted: November 05 2009 at 6:48am
Hi, My experience was very good with dailycelebhair.com , a very good place for lace front wigs.You will get finest quality product at
https://www.dailycelebhair.com
good luck to them.

- AnnSmile

Posted By: Dimples7777
Date Posted: November 10 2009 at 6:25pm
Ermm

-------------
"A wise man never knows all, only fools know everything."
African Proverb

Posted By: dossywig
Date Posted: November 08 2010 at 9:26pm
Tongue  there are many good hair suppliers .

-------------

Posted By: royalmewigs
Date Posted: November 15 2010 at 2:07am

you can come to http://royalmewigs.com - royalmewigs  .

it is really of high quality wigs and sale sevice

-------------

Posted By: Remy Goddess
Date Posted: January 16 2011 at 2:56am
My favourite place to order is WHE because they get full marks on everything except not stocking on fusion products. I havent faced any problems with them and they're really professional.

-------------
Love everything to do with Virgin Remy Indian hair…hair extensions, wigs & hair care products.Follow my journey at my blog http://bestvirginremyhair.blogspot.com where I give my reviews & suggestions

Posted By: Remy Goddess
Date Posted: January 16 2011 at 2:56am
I use Straight Virgin Indian Remy Hair with no hassles with quality, longevity or service (and Ive tried so many supposed real Virgin Remy hair but I had to go through a trial and error process to figure who was good) and Im in love with Smilethe Margaret Remy Coloured Hair collection.

-------------
Love everything to do with Virgin Remy Indian hair…hair extensions, wigs & hair care products.Follow my journey at my blog http://bestvirginremyhair.blogspot.com where I give my reviews & suggestions

Posted By: hairbeauty
Date Posted: June 23 2011 at 2:22am
I bought a lace wig and I love it.  So many people are wearing them now.

-------------
I am the fan of lace wigs.

Print Page | Close Window