Print Page | Close Window

WHAT ARE SOME STIMULATING SCALP OILS?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=36226
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 6:22pm

Topic: WHAT ARE SOME STIMULATING SCALP OILS?
Posted By: BrownEyez2
Subject: WHAT ARE SOME STIMULATING SCALP OILS?
Date Posted: October 11 2005 at 12:55am

Do any of you ladies use any type of oils, etc. to help stimulate your scalp? I've recently incorporated more regular scalp massages into my regimen and wanted to know if there was anything I could apply to make the massages more benefical.  I've heard of peppermint oil. Anything else you know of or use ?

~tia~

-------------
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~

Replies:
Posted By: BrownEyez2
Date Posted: October 11 2005 at 1:02pm
**** bumping*****

-------------
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: October 12 2005 at 7:27am
You may just have to try and see if they work for you.  I could never put oil on my scalp unless I washed it off right away.  If you did plan on washing it off right after, I don't know if it matters which one you use since it wouldn't be on there except for the massage time (not much time to have much of an effect - except that you may enjoy how it smells!)  Then if you left it on there, it may clog pores on the scalp, which wouldn't be good (though some people do put oils like jojoba on their scalp with good results).  Using a concentrated essential oil like peppermint oil may burn you, so you may want to dilute your essential oils a lot (maybe one or two drops in a good bit of jojoba).

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: carameldiva
Date Posted: October 21 2005 at 9:34am
rosemary oil is what i am using.

-------------
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's

Print Page | Close Window