Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=36385
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 12:37pm

Topic: manic panic bleach *PICTURE*
Posted By: ammonia
Subject: manic panic bleach *PICTURE*
Date Posted: October 16 2005 at 5:13am

alright well as some of u might remember, i have blonde hair but i let my roots grow to about 1 inch or 1 1/2 so it looked ugly.. i knew i wanted the roots to match the rest of my hair and if possible.. get my whole hair lighter.. as many of you, i was basically through with otc bleaches so i decided to go to sallys. i bought 2 boxes of the manic panic flash lighting kit vol.30 (since my hair is a lil long).

from my old experiences with otc bleaches, my roots would never bleach out completly and would stay light orange.. so hoping all the goth chicks at another board where right about how it gets there hair so light they can use the bright color hair dyes ect ect lol i did a strand test.

about 40 minutes past and from root to tip it was light light blonde.. i couldnt belive how well the job it did on my roots and how the color of the whole thing was matching each other. so i applyed it to my whole head and almost 2 hours later (thats the most they recommend on the box) my hair was blonde blonde.. yea it has hints of yellow but nothing a toner cant fix.. i do recommend it.

Replies:
Posted By: swede
Date Posted: October 16 2005 at 9:51am

your hair looks great :D

So what bleaches did you use to use before? and how long did you leave them on?, you know it can take up to 90 minutes to reach pale yellow or sometimes 2 bleachings..

What's your natural color?, I assume dark brown.. I don't think your hair looks that much yellow at all :) But what toner do you plan on using?

Date Posted: October 16 2005 at 10:23am

well my natural hair color is dark brown and i had dyed it as red as i could with dark brown hair to begin with, so i was left with dark red hair.. it was so hardddd to take out the red once i decided to go blonde! anyways these are the steps i took.

1. i bleached it first with a otc bleach "clairol born blonde blue"
  2. i added "l'oreal toner refiner" and it didnt do anything.
  3. applyed some "garnier XL blonde" dye low ammonia or something and it didnt do anything! 
  4. i bleached my whole head again with "feria extra bleach blonde" and it left my hair a lighter orange/yellow.
  5. i colored my hair "blondissm extra light ash blonde" and it did cool down the orange tones which was good.
  6. dyed it with that same extra light ash blonde dye for about 2 more times in a month.
  7. let my hair grow about an inch lol and finally as you can see after like 3 months i bleached it again with this "manic panic flash lightening vol.30" it really did the job.. covered the roots and everything.. im sticking with this every time i need my roots re-done.

yea my hair is a bit damaged of course but i use extensions anyways so its like whatevers lol as long as it doesnt fall off or feel like hay then its fine with me.. i deep condition 2-3 times a week and my hair has stuck with me thru all these trials and errors lol. i dont know what toner to use, i will be going to sallys tho but if anyone can recommend me some then thank you. im going for the pale blonde " E! girls next door" look lol. 

Posted By: malibubabe
Date Posted: October 16 2005 at 11:10am
wow that looks awesome, I want my hair to look like that. Is that without the toner? I wanna go buy that bleach stuff right now, hah. btw I love that show, Girls Next Door. I like Kendra's hair the most

-------------
Emilie

Date Posted: October 16 2005 at 5:00pm

yea this is as it is right now just after being bleached.. no toner yet. and yes, i love kendras hair too is so nice.. that was my main inspiration to take a chance on the whole bleach thing again lol.

Posted By: Bambilee
Date Posted: October 16 2005 at 6:03pm
I wish. Us poor canaidans can't get any of that stuff locally. Sucks to be me! But  the color you have right now Ammonia is exactly what I've been trying to get. I'ver pretty much did everything you have done, but I can't get Manic Panic except over the interent. Meh... oh woe is me.

Looks awesome!

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Date Posted: October 16 2005 at 6:30pm
 thank you girl.. after trying for a while i got it.. i wish u the best and hopefully u can get some manic panic so u can get what u want too.

Posted By: Bryan
Date Posted: October 16 2005 at 10:11pm
bambi id be more than happy to buy it for you and send it to you. bm me if your interested.

-------------
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)

Posted By: Veronica F
Date Posted: October 17 2005 at 1:11am
How sweet  this is a great board...btw ammonia ur hair looks truly delicious!

Date Posted: October 17 2005 at 8:20am
thank you all.

Date Posted: October 17 2005 at 11:29am
is it cheap? how much does it cost. I could mostl ikely buy it online. I just am, so scared of doing so. Manica Panic Bleach hey? I am scared of that too. I don't want orange hair taht's all. I've been through that already. BAH!...
I'll go check it out. Was it a poweder Ammonia?

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Posted By: FabulousHairExt
Date Posted: October 17 2005 at 1:29pm
Bambilee here is the manic panic store http://www.manicpanic.biz/ct_CGflashlightning_bleachkits.htm - http://www.manicpanic.biz/ct_CGflashlightning_bleachkits.htm

-------------
fyi I know my spelling sux!

Date Posted: October 17 2005 at 2:35pm

Originally posted by Bambilee Bambilee wrote:

is it cheap? how much does it cost. I could mostl ikely buy it online. I just am, so scared of doing so. Manica Panic Bleach hey? I am scared of that too. I don't want orange hair taht's all. I've been through that already. BAH!...
I'll go check it out. Was it a poweder Ammonia?

it was like $6.49 where i bought it (sallys).. its real cheap online too.. i dont think your hair will turn orange if you already passed that stage.. (its cause i see your hair color looks ashy).. this was my 3rd bleaching job and it turned out real good. and yes, it comes with a powder.. but you shouldnt be scared, i mean im proof it worked.

Date Posted: October 17 2005 at 2:36pm
oh besides, it comes with all the instructions and its easy to use.. u just mix and it even comes with gloves, hair cap, a mixing tray, a mixing comb thingy.. so i was happy it had everything u need.

Date Posted: October 18 2005 at 12:11pm
Really?   Okay, i'm going to go check it out and then see and then order it. My hair should be fine. I will most likely have lots of breakage, but I want my hair shoreter anyways... Rockin!
Thanks ou guys!

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Date Posted: October 18 2005 at 12:19pm
Oh I can order it, it just takes longer cause they have to ship it by land. So a car... anywhoo. It'll only cost me like 20 bucks for two boxes.
I think I'll get vol 30... its that right?

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Date Posted: October 18 2005 at 1:45pm

yea i got vol. 30.. they have vol. 40 but i read somewhere that is only for those who have healthy hair lol so i didnt buy it cause i have bleached alot already and i was "scureed" lol

Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 12:13pm
Yeah I've bleached mine lots too. Too many to count. However I'm having trouble ordering from one of the sites. Everytime I get up enough nerve to buy something online it get's all screwed up for me. I gotta figure this out.
I want Platinum hair!

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 12:14pm
It says they can't ship to Alaska, Hawaii or outside the US... argh, can anyoen find me another site I can order from? Help!

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 2:09pm

Here bambilee, try this site.

garmentdistrict.com

http://rds.yahoo.com/;_ylt=AooWnLGoTtzTdAASqxDknkFXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTBwaTRtMW4zBGNvbG8DdwRsA1dTMQRwb3MDNQRzZWMDc3I-/SIG=12vciuqoj/EXP=1129835577/**http%3A%2F%2Fwww.garmentdistrict.com%2Fstore%2Frock%2Fmanic%2Findex_manic.htm - http://rds.yahoo.com/;_ylt=AooWnLGoTtzTdAASqxDknkFXNyoA;_ylu =X3oDMTBwaTRtMW4zBGNvbG8DdwRsA1dTMQRwb3MDNQRzZWMDc3I-/SIG=12 vciuqoj/EXP=1129835577/**http%3A%2F%2Fwww.garmentdistrict.co m%2Fstore%2Frock%2Fmanic%2Findex_manic.htm http://rds.yahoo.com/;_ylt=AooWnLGoTtzTdAASqxDknkFXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTBwaTRtMW4zBGNvbG8DdwRsA1dTMQRwb3MDNQRzZWMDc3I-/SIG=12vciuqoj/EXP=1129835577/**http%3A%2F%2Fwww.garmentdistrict.com%2Fstore%2Frock%2Fmanic%2Findex_manic.htm -

Posted By: Vicky
Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 2:59pm
Where are you from Bambilee? I asumed you where from California, don't ask why I just did. 

Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 3:10pm
Lol, she lives in Canada.

Posted By: beachgerl
Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 6:16pm
Just be careful, bambilee. It's a powder bleach, so it can be quite powerful and keep checking your scalp so it doesn't burn. 40 volume on me is nothing because I have thick hair and hardy scalp grin. Yea, to go platinum, it took me 3-4 rounds of bleaching just to go platinum, just like ammonia said. Right now, I'm just happy to be just a medium/light blonde. Ammonia, great job with the color. Platinum blonde color is one of the hardest colors to achieve!

Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 9:31pm
thank you beachgerl.. i know this is my 3rd bleaching and i will never go back to a dark color lol it took me so much to reach even this close.. i think one of the best things when your trying to achieve a light blonde is to take risks.. think about what you want more.. to have your healthy hair or have the color hair you want.. because you have to be aware that it will damage your hair.. maybe not alot but it will. in my case i have never been scared of bleachin or dying.. iam careful though. im not going to bleach my hair 2+ times in one day or do all these things all at the same time.. at least take your time, condition your hair and dont wash it so often.. it drys hair out.. i wash it like once a week and before i do anything with chemicals.. i dont wash it for like 2 weeks so the natural oils in my hair can build up to protect my scalp.. when i bleach sometimes my head itches like crazy but nothing i cant handle.. some people might get real scared and wash it off quick but thats why i recommend to do a strand test.

Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 9:39pm
I've tried that site. I am decideing against doing the manioc panic bleach and going for Malibu's White Chocolate choice.
A friend of mine did her hair whtie, white and it was fun for a while but her hair started breaking off at the root and she had bald patches. So.. um no thanks. :) I'm staying away from bleach.. :S

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 9:41pm
Ah.. I only wash my hair every 2nd day. It keeps it from drying out. And I've already had my hair bleached 9 times so I'm going to stay away from bleaching. I'd rather have a full head of hair then nice white hair. ;)

Thankies however everyone.
And Vicky you thought I was from Califorina. hey it starts with a c right?

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 9:58pm
9 times and you havent got the color you want?  or did you color back and forth dark to light?

Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 11:07pm

There might be a safer alternative if u used schwarzkopf phantom color corrector and then put the white chocolate over that...hmm

Date Posted: October 21 2005 at 3:59pm
I just used a Extra Light Ash Blonde by Loreal'... it is similar to the white choclate shade (It's the same color just not called White Choclate and by a diffrent brand.). It lightened my reddish roots and some of the tough spots I had. It looks really good. It's coming along. And yes I bleached my hair 9 times and I still can't get the color I want.
I've done it over a period of 2 years. Once myself, three times by a proffesional and then a few times on my own. Ooopsie. LOL.
Anyways, only a couple more trys I think with this Extra Light Ash blonde and I think I can get my hair almost white. Not too white, cause I don't want to look bald. LOL.
It looks much better. It's darker underneath. I only use one box so I keep my underlayers a dark blonde color. I'm gettign there....

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Date Posted: October 21 2005 at 8:15pm
That looks awesome Bambilee, it really does look white blonde! It's by L'oreal excellence right? I think thats an amazing color!

Date Posted: October 22 2005 at 12:30pm
It's a little yellow but I'm cool with that. It's like the old barbie hair color. LOL Before the now plantium she has...
yeah it's Loreal's Les Blondissea, or something. It's specifially meant for and or Go blonde. I've used it before. it works pretty good. The problem with dying is, it looks good for a day, all freshly dyed and then it always seems to look so limp and less vibrant the next day. Crazy!

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Date Posted: October 22 2005 at 1:57pm
omg girl it looks gorgeous..

Date Posted: October 22 2005 at 4:23pm
Thank you Ammonia!!! :P

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Posted By: Tinkerbelle
Date Posted: October 22 2005 at 10:05pm
I really like it Bambilee!  I am glad you got the results you wanted...I am sure that can be super scary!  I am from Canada too...were abouts are you????

-------------

Date Posted: October 23 2005 at 11:50am
I'm in Alberta... yay!

Thanks tinkerbell!

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Posted By: Tinkerbelle
Date Posted: October 23 2005 at 4:56pm
I am in Sask...but I went to university in lethbridge.  Neat! 

-------------

Date Posted: October 23 2005 at 5:50pm
That is cool. I might move to Lethbridge so my hubby can go to University. Spiffy!

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Posted By: moffpoff
Date Posted: October 27 2005 at 10:07am

hehe^^ well im now seriously considering bleaching my hair again...first i bleached it pale blond, then dyed it black with a purple tone to it, but its all faded now so i think i goo ahead and use this manic panic stuff! ^^ thanx 4 the inispiration;)

-------------
12 Inch Wawa, Installed with Protac, i love hair extensions<3

Date Posted: November 01 2005 at 11:22am
My haircolor is back to it's yucky brassy color. I'm having it profes. done in January. I'm gong to go plat on top and darker underneath with some dark highlights. Hopefully.

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Posted By: Alayney
Date Posted: November 18 2005 at 12:26am
Bambilee and Ammonia -- I LOVE it! I've been trying for YEARS to get my hair to that color -- not myself but in the salon and they just CAN'T get it right. I show pictures, I talk, talk, talk ... I just don't get it. Way too scared to do it myself but you guys are DEFINITELY inspirational. Gorgeous!

Print Page | Close Window