Forum Description: Smooth techniques for beautiful & healthy skin
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=36442
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 11:03pm

Topic: Question on acne type and treatment
Posted By: Hiro
Subject: Question on acne type and treatment
Date Posted: October 17 2005 at 11:12pm

Hello =P

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of acne do I have, because I have no idea what it is... Tried comparing them with other people's but I really ama not sure. They look like scars that don't go away though, and that one on the nose was rather recent (kind of, it's been a month or more even) and it won't go away or decrease in size :(

I've tried Clean & Clear Blackhead cleasing astrigent, earlier this year, but it worsened my skin condition I think. I also use skin hydrants, not sure if it makes any difference. I can't really tell if my skin is dry or not, it doesn't seem like it is, and I also don't think it's oily...

Anyways, can anyone tell me what it is, and any good treatment that I could take? Hopefully it's not too expensive.

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm 19 now, and male if you couldn't tell...

My skin was perfectly smooth until I was 17 ish or so... now it's horrible. :( Will those marks ever go away?

Replies:
Posted By: aseya
Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 4:28pm
Hmm.. my skin sorta does that. It's smooth and clear but when I DO get a pimple, it stays FOREVER! I don't really know what to use for the red spots. I think Neutrogena have something that can fade it a little, try going to their website, I think its www.neutrogena.com.

To find out if your skin is dry or not  you should check how it feels a few hours after you wash it. If it feels dry and tight then you have dry skin. If if feels a little greasy or slick then you probably have greasy skin. Sometimes you can tell after you wash it. After I wash my face, the skin around my nose and cheeks feels alittle dry and tight. So I have combination skin.

I like to use Neutrogena's Anti Acne Cream Cleanser. The gel one was too drying for me. And its helped keep my skin clear. I hope I helped a little!

Posted By: caramel21
Date Posted: June 18 2006 at 2:03am
PROACTIVE! My skin used to be horrible too, but it works wonders. I wish more people knew about it. It really saves you all of the grief of waking up with a marred up face.

-------------
http://stores.ebay.com/opaltech77_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfclZ4QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Posted By: caramel21
Date Posted: June 18 2006 at 2:03am

For red marks that wont go away try using castor oil.

-------------
http://stores.ebay.com/opaltech77_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfclZ4QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Posted By: babycheeks24
Date Posted: June 21 2006 at 1:34pm
read the post i put up about very simple acne and skin regimen it saved my skin just look at my pic and id say i was like yours or worse.

-------------
Babycheeks

Posted By: SupaFresh208
Date Posted: June 22 2006 at 1:19pm
at least you can stop yours early with topical cream

-------------
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE

Print Page | Close Window