Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=36480
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 5:29pm

Topic: Long To Short Makeover
Posted By: ainocorrida
Subject: Long To Short Makeover
Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 8:50am
My mum wants me to get my hair cut on my birthday, 28th October.  I am sure she wants me to go chin-length or shorter, but short hair looks awful on me and I don't know what I should do.  She's saying she won't buy me a present if I don't have my hair cut but I mean, it's my hair right, and shouldn't I get to choose the style?  Can anybody help me? 

Replies:
Posted By: Debbie
Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 9:27am
First off, how old are you?  Secondly how long is your hair?  Thirdly, I would just explain to her that you are old enough to make descsions (sp) about your hair and you really like your hair the way that is it.  You could also throw in that if cutting your hair means that she will buy you something for your birthday you could do without it.  Also, find out her takes on why she wants you to get a haircut?  If she is trying to manipulate you that is wrong.  Please let us know what happens!  Have a nice day!  Debbie

-------------
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!

Posted By: ainocorrida
Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 12:47pm

Hi Debbie

Thanks for your kind words im gonna take your advice and tell her I can make the decisions!!

Anyway my hair is halfway down my back and I had it cut to chin-length 4 years ago.  My mum said I was just going for a trim and I ended up having my waist-length hair bobbed - it was awful...

On the other hand I really do want a b-day present (I'm gonna be 16 you see!!!!) and mum says she might get me an ipod.

so i'll let u know what happens and keep you constantly updated, kay??

I think I might have it cut, actually. 

Posted By: bean3270
Date Posted: October 20 2005 at 11:19am

Ask for a car.  Then you will cut your hair

Posted By: Debbie
Date Posted: October 22 2005 at 7:40am

Annicorida--I think that you had better CALMY set her down and talk to her.  There is no need to a big blow up and a scene.  It is only hair---and yes it does grow!  Ask her if there is any way that you can get maybe an inch cut off.  I am sure that if you two could sit down you could come up with something!  Oh and by the way....Happy Birthday!  I know this is early but just in case I am away from the computer! 

And Rosalie, dear...This is the short hair board!  Have a nice day!

Debbie

-------------
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!

Posted By: Lorna
Date Posted: October 28 2005 at 10:31am
Why does she want you to cut your hair anyway?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window