Print Page | Close Window

crash diets and hair loss

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=36707
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 6:28pm

Topic: crash diets and hair loss
Posted By: gossipqueen
Subject: crash diets and hair loss
Date Posted: October 26 2005 at 2:50pm

Hi everyone! I’m new here just stumbled upon the website actually but found it useful. About four years ago I was young and stupid and went on a crash diet where I ate pretty much nothing for about 5 months. I lost a lot of weight, so much so that I was anorexic, but that wasn’t all I had lost. I had very long thick hair and after I quit the diet and started eating I had a lot of hair loss. I still have rather nice hair but it doesn’t seem to be growing any longer or thicker. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies:
Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: October 26 2005 at 3:49pm

Maybe your body is still going through a "recovery period". I'm sure your hair will grow thicker again soon, or maybe the difference right now is just related to age and hormonal changes through life.

Hugs and all the best to you.

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: October 26 2005 at 8:02pm

Hi gossipqueen, welcome :)

This may give  you some hope....I lost quite a lot of hair after the births of my children (3 births).  I kept shedding for about 14 months after my last baby and have only just stopped.  My hair is now growing back thicker and stronger than ever.  I had bad hair for almost 4 years, but now it's finally recovered.

I hope your hair sorts itself out soon!

All the best

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Date Posted: October 27 2005 at 5:52pm
thanks guys but I went on that stupid diet when I was about 17 and im 21 now my hair is still long but its about half as thick as it use to be if not less. Im taking biotin now, does anyone know if it will help at all? is there anything else i can do to speed up the process?

Date Posted: October 28 2005 at 10:28pm
I think there is a "hair thinning" or "hair loss" forum around here somewhere.  Perhaps they might be able to give you some ideas as to what you could do to help your hair recover?

-------------

Date Posted: October 29 2005 at 5:27pm
thanks missrini I will try that and continue taking my vitamins for now. I went in to a salon the other day and the hair dresser told me I had thick very long hair. but she doesnt realize how much i had before my diet I guess its a good thing that I started out with tons of hair before the pressure of society got to me. and by the way I think your hair is beautiful in the before and in the after pic.

Date Posted: October 29 2005 at 8:23pm
 thanks

-------------

Print Page | Close Window