Print Page | Close Window

hair colour rinses

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=36768
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 6:23pm

Topic: hair colour rinses
Posted By: belly dancer
Subject: hair colour rinses
Date Posted: October 29 2005 at 1:19am

Hi I am a new member who has been lurking for a short while. Great site.

I have read that colours damage your hair, but I only use colours that wash out in 8- 10 washes, I haven't put a semi permanent in for over a year, are the wash out rinses damaging to hair?  

Replies:
Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: October 29 2005 at 4:07am
I wouldn't say so. I've had quite a few semis in and out of my hair. More natural ones are safer but 8-10 wash ones can't do that much harm.

-------------

Date Posted: October 29 2005 at 9:05pm
Thank you for that.

Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: October 29 2005 at 9:22pm

Hey belly dancer, welcome to the site! Which part of oz are you in? I'm in Adelaide.  AND......I belly dance too!!!

For hair colour, I recommend using henna. (I know, I know, I do go on about henna!).  Henna doesn't have to be just red, you can mix it with other herbs to get various shades. http://www.hennaforhair.com - www.hennaforhair.com  will help you out there (HEAPS of different mixes).  And it's EXCELLENT for the health of your hair.

Good luck!

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Date Posted: October 29 2005 at 11:10pm
Thanks for that , I am from Tasmania, I have only been belly dancing for 6 months but it's lots of fun. I haven't tried henna , I will have to keep that in mind. Are there other ozzies on this site? 

Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: October 30 2005 at 2:34pm
How permenant is henna?

-------------

Posted By: ChelseaB
Date Posted: October 30 2005 at 6:27pm
Henna is super pernament. It does not fade at all. The only way to ever get rid of it is to cut off your hair. So I would not recommended it if you just want to change your hair for a short while.

-------------
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii

Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: October 30 2005 at 9:08pm
Henna IS permanent, but in my way of thinking, why would you ever want to get rid of it??

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Date Posted: October 30 2005 at 10:02pm
Your hair colour is very pretty missrini, I don't think I'd be game to do a permanent colour though.  

Print Page | Close Window