Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=36847
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 12:19am

Topic: Lauren Holly
Posted By: TEMPLAR
Subject: Lauren Holly
Date Posted: November 01 2005 at 7:04pm
I was just watching ET and it showd Ms. Holly getting cropped per NCIS producers request any one have photos?

Replies:
Posted By: Horse
Date Posted: November 01 2005 at 7:15pm
http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/12942/

Anybody got On-Demand or DirecTV's CBS national feeds. You can catch ET on one of those options.

-------------
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha

Posted By: rardman
Date Posted: November 01 2005 at 7:55pm
Imo, really, really, too bad.Great hair. She's way cuter long than short in my books.Also, prefer her blond, to clown red.

Posted By: Klaatu48
Date Posted: November 01 2005 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by rardman rardman wrote:

Imo, really, really, too bad.Great hair. She's way cuter long than short in my books.Also, prefer her blond, to clown red.

I uber-love the red, but agree with you about the length. Although she has the features for short hair, she just looks... friendlier with it long.

-------------

Posted By: Horse
Date Posted: November 01 2005 at 8:57pm
Must dissent from the group. Thought she elevated herself nicely with the short cut. Glad to see it's back.

But do hate the red.

-------------
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha

Posted By: Ben C
Date Posted: November 01 2005 at 10:13pm
What kind of hair did Lauren have and what does it look like now?  I don't watch the show, did she sport the new look tonight? 

Posted By: ricksnip
Date Posted: November 01 2005 at 10:41pm
love to see a photo before i made a judgement long or short she is hot

Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: November 02 2005 at 6:42am

I'd like to see the new style. This is how she looked a few years back in "Turbulence."

Date Posted: November 02 2005 at 8:21am
I just saw a replay of the show, and... eep.

Her long hair was simply gorgeous, and she really did get quite a chop. It's a bit shorter up top than the pic Fatmoogas posted, but also a bit longer in back. I hate to say this, but I will -- It probably would have looked great ten years ago. But now, I place an official preference on her long, red hair.

I wonder why the producers wanted her to do it...

-------------

Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: November 02 2005 at 8:29am
How much did she cut, what style?

Date Posted: November 02 2005 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

How much did she cut, what style?

It's a longish pixie, a poor example (but enough to give you a good idea) would be Halle Berry's look in Swordfish.

It had been a few inches past her shoulders in layers that softened her features, with short bangs that highlighted her eyes. Not so much anymore.

-------------

Posted By: Durango
Date Posted: November 02 2005 at 1:46pm
I happened to see this and gotta disagree with anyone who thinks the new 'do is an improvement.    First, a disclaimer--I don't normally watch this drivel--listening to Mary Hart report celebrity doings and foibles in the breathless tones one would normally reserve for the Second Coming makes me want to vomit.  But, as the Flea would say, I digress.

If the producers wanted her to do this (as reported on ET), that has got to be one of the top ten bonehead moves of the year, IMO. 

My reaction to the new haircut is best summed up by Ms. Holly's own words as she watched her gorgeous tresses being chopped off--"Oh my God!"  The short, somewhat curly pixie made her look 20 years older.  And I've never been crazy about the red, either--thought the dark & medium blonde styles she has tried over the years are much more attractive.

-------------
Durango

Posted By: Morgan
Date Posted: November 02 2005 at 2:35pm

It didn't look like she was wearing much, if any makeup when they showed her face on camera with the new haircut. That might be part of the reason why she looked older. I think anytime you see a public person, celebrity, newscaster not wearing makeup it can be jarring, no matter what their hair looks like.

Posted By: S_Miller
Date Posted: November 02 2005 at 3:14pm
On the 11/1 NCIS show, she had beautiful below the shoulder red hair, swept bangs. Lovely.  I liked her in short hair in the past but on NCIS last night..very hot

-------------
Stephanie

Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: November 02 2005 at 3:20pm

I thought the haircut made her look like Frances Fisher's long lost sister (for those who don't know, Frances Fisher was in the past romantically linked to Clint Eastwood, and is about 11 years older than Lauren)  Lauren looked great with short and very short hair about 7 to 10 years ago.  If it were me, I would have left a little more length, but nobody asked!

Lauren Holly doesn't look bad, just not as good as she did before, or could.

Posted By: 94harley
Date Posted: November 02 2005 at 5:55pm
I'll save judgement till I see pics of new cut. Thought she was hot on 11/1  show of NCIS

Posted By: TEMPLAR
Date Posted: November 02 2005 at 6:34pm

The only reason I started watching NCIS was because of Lauren's Luscious Red Hair, now all over the Salon floor. I won't tune in again.

Posted By: natasha
Date Posted: November 02 2005 at 6:55pm
I *loved* Lauren's short hair in Turbulence -- don't think she ever looked better.

This makeover, however, looked rather scary. I can't say I liked the outcome. Though it'll be interesting to see how she'll look on the show with makeup and all.

BTW: Wasn't her hair a bit short to begin with in that makeover segment? Even before the scissors went to work, it looked significantly shorter than in these most recent photos (from six weeeks ago):

http://www.dailyceleb.com/production/?view=event&eid=3499&cap=lauren+holly - http://www.dailyceleb.com/production/?view=event&eid=3499&ca p=lauren+holly

Posted By: Pixiefan
Date Posted: November 03 2005 at 8:44am
I am in the minority here, that close cropped look seems to fit her. It appears she made the call to go ultra short and went for it in stages. I'll be curious to see how close the taper is on the neckline and also interested to note whether her ears are exposed.    

Posted By: Katie C Lover
Date Posted: November 03 2005 at 8:50am
Does anyone have a link or pics of the actual hair being cut and did they say exactly why she was having this done?

Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: November 03 2005 at 1:32pm

Was it a made-for-TV makeover? Was it part of the show?

I prefer to remember her like this, minus the cigarette:

Posted By: 94harley
Date Posted: November 03 2005 at 1:43pm
I will agree she looks great in those pics. Did love her to waist & blonde

Date Posted: November 03 2005 at 2:36pm

If she doesn't like it, she might have extensions in a few weeks.

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: November 03 2005 at 9:28pm
Unless the show don't want her with them. Then she can only wear them when she isn't shooting for the show.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: November 04 2005 at 4:25am
I'm not convinced by the spiel about the show. Seems she's been getting shorter for a while and, for some reason, this is the direction she wants to go in now (or, if it looks bad, maybe she'll change her mind and get out the extensions! These days, a drastic hair cut isn't the risk it once was as, within a few weeks, a woman can look exactly as she did before, with the help of extensions).

Posted By: galbraith
Date Posted: November 06 2005 at 5:07pm
She didn't have any choice about her haircut. The producers of NCIS wanted her to get a short haircut for her role on the show. She had to cut her hair or lose her job on the show. Pictures of her haircut are here.

http://ltah2.fotki.com/video/etholly/ - http://ltah2.fotki.com/video/etholly/

Posted By: Rod
Date Posted: November 06 2005 at 11:10pm
I hope it looks better than in these pictures. If it doesn't, it's a major
downgrade.

Posted By: Tinkerbelle
Date Posted: November 06 2005 at 11:50pm
OMG she looks so old in those pics that galbraith posted!!!

-------------

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: November 07 2005 at 1:22am
The new hair is all right.  *shrugs*  Might look better if she's well made up. . . or just might look better on someone other than her, I'm not sure.  The posted pics aren't the best to judge by.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: Katie C Lover
Date Posted: November 07 2005 at 5:09am
Thanks Galbraith!!

Posted By: tony9999
Date Posted: November 07 2005 at 6:17am
Even as a short hair lover I have to say thats bad...

-------------
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!

Posted By: Ben C
Date Posted: November 07 2005 at 6:31am
She seemed very unhappy about the haircut in those pictures.  She had her arms folded.  She also looked so much older with the short hair.  It was a really bad transformation.  Too bad because it wasn't that long ago that she looked hot with the long blonde hair on the show about hospitals that was sort of the poor man's ER. 

Date Posted: November 07 2005 at 6:45am
She has a kind of hard face and that style emphasises it. Still not convinced about the show's producers insisting on it. Why should they care? She undoubtedly looked better before and it's to their advantage to have her looking as good as possible. Maybe a suggestion was publicized as an order--and then the whole hullabaloo of the filmed make over could take place. She has a history of going very short on occasions.

Posted By: Crum
Date Posted: November 09 2005 at 9:44pm

Per today's Starr Report in the NY Post -

"NCIS" co-star Lauren Holly gets bumped up to "series regular" status on the Nov. 22 episode — a week before her character, NCIS Director Jennifer Shepard, sports a new, very short 'do.

"I had hair down to the middle of my back, and it's gone now," Holly said yesterday. "The day my deal [to become a regular] closed, [series creator] Donald Bellisario said to me, 'OK, now we're gonna cut your hair tomorrow.' I thought, 'OK, I'll do that . . .' it's short, like a boy..."

The rest of the article said that Donald told Lauren that all of his characters are a "litte off center" which makes his show exciting and making people want to watch....it's time to make your character a little off center.  Lauren obviously agreed b/c she said, "He has such vision and knows what's hip!" 

In my opinion, the new cut makes her look older and not as attactive...and this is coming from a short hair lover!! But her longer hair made her hot!!

Date Posted: November 10 2005 at 3:49am

Anyone who looks at her hair history on Getty or Wire Image will see some very odd transitions from long to short. I doubt very much for example that in the pics above, that Kramer posted, all that blonde hair is Lauren's.

Anyway, if she did it for the show, she definitely came off looking worse--but the ubiquitous extensions may well be in place within a few weeks.

Date Posted: November 10 2005 at 6:48am
What the heck was Donald Bellisario thinking? Oh well what are you going to do. He has only this show left on the air right? JAG was killed off last year.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: November 10 2005 at 12:36pm
How about Catherine Bell? Her hair seemed longer the last time I saw her.

Date Posted: November 11 2005 at 2:01pm
Not sure she will be in a SCI-FI mini in Dec. It still looks long in that

-------------

Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: November 14 2005 at 3:24pm
I finally got to see the after picture and i have to say....( everyone knows I'm a huge short hair fan.)... that is awful!!!!  It looks like something from the early 70's.  Very Carol Brunett-ish!  If he had left 3 inches hanging down her neck it could be Carol Brandy.  I think we can be pretty sure she will be growing this cut out starting the day she had it cut!

Posted By: natasha
Date Posted: November 23 2005 at 12:39pm
I just noticed that Getty has a number of photos from the makeover session:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=56252642&cdi=0 - http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.a spx?iid=56252642&cdi=0
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=56252627&cdi=0 - http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.a spx?iid=56252627&cdi=0
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=56252585&cdi=0 - http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.a spx?iid=56252585&cdi=0
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=56252549&cdi=0 - http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.a spx?iid=56252549&cdi=0

Date Posted: November 23 2005 at 12:55pm

Now this one is almost frightening!

Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: November 23 2005 at 4:24pm

But this one of Mia Farrow looks very similar.

-------------
HAWG

Date Posted: November 29 2005 at 11:09am
Mia Farrow was a lot more beautiful, IMHO, and could more or less pull off anything.

Date Posted: December 20 2005 at 3:55am

Couple of new pics on Getty. She looks a lot better.

Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: December 20 2005 at 2:19pm
Not bad, not bad at all.  Never thought she was that great anyway - face always had a plastic look to it.

Print Page | Close Window