Forum Name: Cosmetics
Forum Description: Tips & Techniques to look your best
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=37225
Printed Date: May 13 2024 at 8:35pm

Topic: Eyeliner?
Posted By: Sk8RcH1cK1773
Subject: Eyeliner?
Date Posted: November 14 2005 at 8:08pm

well let me just start off by saying i am Asian so it might be little different for me to wear make up ...lol n e ways

i am not a major prep or anything, but i certainly dont want to look like goth...

cuz i want to wear eyeliner like hmm...prep style i guess if u kno wut i mean...but i keep end up looking like goth... cuz sometimes i would put on too much and it would like run down and stuff...

so sumone plz help

-------------
"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world"

You Ryan Sheckler is WORLD to me <3~

Replies:
Posted By: _thumbelina_
Date Posted: November 15 2005 at 7:26am

Maybe try a different eyeliner I also think theres this stuff you can buy, you spray it on and it keeps your make up in place all day, this might help. I believe it's been mentioned in a previous thread actually. Good luck!

-------------
"You were the movie of my life, starring you instead of me"

Posted By: Sk8RcH1cK1773
Date Posted: November 15 2005 at 4:10pm
Oh cool~ thanks so much! and yea i think i saw that ad on my magzine...lol thx again~

-------------
"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world"

You Ryan Sheckler is WORLD to me <3~

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: November 18 2005 at 12:53am

Maybe try using a lighter touch when applying so it's not as dark and heavy.  Make as fine a line as you can; if you're using a pencil, maybe try getting one of the extra-skinny kind.  If you're using liquid, try to get one with a very fine brush.  If black eyeliner is too goth in general for you, maybe try brown or some other shade.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: jules19
Date Posted: January 22 2006 at 11:33am
try using a brown eyeliner instead of a black it will change the look completely and definitely be less goth.

-------------
- Jules

Posted By: aseya
Date Posted: February 08 2006 at 4:15pm
Instead of using eyeliner, try using eyeshadow with a liner brush. I lost my eyeliner (sob) so I have been using eyeshadow. It gives a really nice, subtle smudgey look.

I have Asian eyes, and so what I do is use a slightly thicker line on the top and then a very thin line on the bottom. And I start the bottom line from the outside in and sort of let it fade out before I get to the inner corner.

Hope that helped!

Posted By: Shyanne
Date Posted: February 18 2006 at 3:01pm
I have almond shaped eyes& I do the same as Aseya

-------------
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...

Print Page | Close Window