Print Page | Close Window

Bad dye job

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=37544
Printed Date: May 17 2024 at 10:37am

Topic: Bad dye job
Posted By: Mary123
Subject: Bad dye job
Date Posted: November 27 2005 at 10:43am

I got my hair dyed yesterday from a medium blonde highlights to what I thought was gonna be dark brown. It looks more like burgundy on the top. This was done by a professional. Can I go back and have hime fix it and will it cause more damage and stress to my hair if I do? Or will it fade on its own? Help!

Replies:
Posted By: Claude
Date Posted: November 29 2005 at 9:57am

Hmmmm did he fill your hair with a filler? Going from blonde to dark brown to me sounds like you are going more than 2 levels darker. If that is the case typically the stylist needs to put the underlying pigment back into the hair with a filler so the color has something to grab to otherwise the end result will be orange or brassy hair.

Go back and ask them to fix the color. Tell them it's not what you wanted it's too red. You would like them to correct it to the color you originally requested.

G'luck

Posted By: trophywife
Date Posted: November 29 2005 at 10:01am

Claude you sound like you know what you're talking about!  I had a horrible haircut at the weekend (see my thread called 'My Blooper'), can you help at all?!  Please...

Mary, good luck with your colour fix; I've crossed everything for you :)

Posted By: Claude
Date Posted: November 29 2005 at 10:17am
Originally posted by trophywife trophywife wrote:

Claude you sound like you know what you're talking about!  I had a horrible haircut at the weekend (see my thread called 'My Blooper'), can you help at all?!  Please...

Mary, good luck with your colour fix; I've crossed everything for you :)

I am a licensed hairstylist so I do ok. I'll check it out for ya.

Print Page | Close Window