Print Page | Close Window

A question about ingredients

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: African American Hair
Forum Name: African American Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of African Americans.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=37737
Printed Date: June 22 2024 at 9:32pm

Topic: A question about ingredients
Posted By: TwinkletOes23
Subject: A question about ingredients
Date Posted: December 03 2005 at 11:12pm

OK i have suave 3 min deep conditioner and i was reading some of the ingredients and i need help figuring out what they are so help would be appreciated very much.

k here goes :

Cetearyl Alcohol Dimthiconol,Glycerin Pathenol,and Methylchloroisothiazolinone

k there goes what are the things and what do they do especially the glycerin its in my shampoo as well

Replies:
Posted By: Layla
Date Posted: December 04 2005 at 8:42am
Cetearyl Alcohol is a fatty alcohol used as an emollient , emulsifier, thickener, and carrying agent  for other ingredients. It's not a bad alcohol. Dimethiconol is a silicone. It is not soluble in water. Glycerin is a Humectant. It attracts water to the hair to keep the moisture content high. Panthenol is also a humectant. Methylchloroisothiazolinone is a preservative.
I used http://naturallycurly2.com/curlscene/entry.php?id=326&en trytype=articles to find out what the ingredients were.

-------------
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Date Posted: December 04 2005 at 2:45pm
so this is ok to use in my hair?

Date Posted: December 04 2005 at 3:01pm

ok what about these ingridents

Alcohol denat and phenoxyethanol,and isopropylparben these all sound like a type of alcohol

Posted By: Layla
Date Posted: December 05 2005 at 1:54pm
It's fine unless you don't use silicones. Alcohol denat is really bad. That's the drying alcohol. Phenoxyethanol is another preservative. I don't know what isopropylparaben is.

-------------
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Date Posted: December 05 2005 at 9:32pm
ohhh ok if its so bad why why why do they put it in hair products

Posted By: Renee
Date Posted: December 06 2005 at 2:40pm
iso whatever is a paraben. some people avoid it cos there's a rumour going around that it causes cancer but there's no proof. i use products with parabens so i dont care. and the manufacturesrs put bad stuff int heir hair products because they're probably cheap and they dont give a sh*t about what we put in our hair. just wanna make money

-------------

Posted By: princess8907
Date Posted: December 06 2005 at 3:29pm

Originally posted by Renee Renee wrote:

iso whatever is a paraben. some people avoid it cos there's a rumour going around that it causes cancer but there's no proof. i use products with parabens so i dont care. and the manufacturesrs put bad stuff int heir hair products because they're probably cheap and they dont give a sh*t about what we put in our hair. just wanna make money

AMEN

-------------
4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

Date Posted: December 06 2005 at 6:13pm
we should protest

Print Page | Close Window