Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=37822
Printed Date: June 16 2024 at 12:58am

Topic: Looking for something new (pic)
Posted By: WhisperToScream
Subject: Looking for something new (pic)
Date Posted: December 06 2005 at 10:09pm
My hair is naturally black but it's dyed some gross color. I'm going to get it colored but I'm not sure what'll look good. I tend to stay with reds but last time I did a dark red and it made me look washed out. I'm currently thinking a medium brown but I'm not sure.

Replies:
Posted By: Sakeenah
Date Posted: December 18 2005 at 5:22am
i say chunky caramel highlights would look hot!

Posted By: ammonia
Date Posted: December 18 2005 at 10:23am
highlights on really dark hair tend to make you look sloppy after a while if you dont keep them up.. specially in anything golden.. i would go for platinum ones to make a nice contrast.. or even maybe have the bottom half of your hair bleached out.. good luck.

Posted By: claribuzz
Date Posted: December 19 2005 at 10:03am
since you said red makes you look washed out, i think you should try golden, copper, auburn, or mahogany shades. a medium golden brown should look great on you.

-------------
ARGHH

Date Posted: December 19 2005 at 3:08pm
I'm thinking maybe medium golden brown highlights. I'm so indecisive that I'll probably have a whole new ides of what I want tomorrow. 

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: December 19 2005 at 6:46pm
I think caramel highlights would look great with your current color and skintone.

Posted By: Bryan
Date Posted: December 19 2005 at 9:44pm
i have to agree caramel highlights would look great with the black hair. but you did mention that it is currently dyed some other color. what color is that? or is the color in the picture the color that it currently is? sorry i got a little confused by this. 

-------------
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)

Posted By: Alayney
Date Posted: December 19 2005 at 11:40pm
I'm with the caramel vote!

Posted By: lizzy19
Date Posted: December 20 2005 at 11:20am

Hey i have the same problem, but does any1 have any pictures of caramel highlights...i've been looking all over the place!

xxxxxxxx

-------------
i dont want no dam signature

Date Posted: December 22 2005 at 10:15pm
Currently it's orange towards the roots , but the roots are of coarse black. The end are reddish. I might hold off till the end of January to get it done when I have more money and hopefully have decided. 

Posted By: moffpoff
Date Posted: December 24 2005 at 1:52pm

il say a dark Chocolate Brown colour maby UBER THIN black lowlights, and yes caramel chunks(not so big) and in the underlayer of the hair weary thin caramel highlights:D

*** Think J-Lo***

You look good anyways^^

-------------
12 Inch Wawa, Installed with Protac, i love hair extensions<3

Date Posted: December 25 2005 at 1:43am
Thank you....

I think I'm going to do chunkier highlights just because my hair is naturally curly and any thin highlights I've ever done before tended to get lost in my hair.

Posted By: aimee
Date Posted: December 27 2005 at 3:43pm
caramel would be hot...the beyonce caramel for highlights would be great with your skin tone

-------------
im a synthetic girl and i love plastikhaar

Print Page | Close Window