Topic: Who is in need of a cut more?
Posted By: Hairnut2
Subject: Who is in need of a cut more?
Date Posted: December 14 2005 at 1:38pm

Who do you think?

Replies:
Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: December 14 2005 at 3:09pm
None of them IMO. No offence but posts saying that random celebs need to chop off their hair suck a little bit. It's their choice at the end of the day. Noone needs a cut.

-------------

Posted By: AngelDream
Date Posted: December 14 2005 at 3:59pm
I have no idea who most of them are.

Posted By: Vicky
Date Posted: December 14 2005 at 4:07pm
Same here, don't know who they are.

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: December 14 2005 at 7:03pm
Fox news reporters.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Posted By: Horse
Date Posted: December 14 2005 at 7:48pm
They should all be punished for lying on a daily basis.

-------------
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha

Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: December 14 2005 at 9:04pm

Samples of each:

Juliet Huddy (my favorite):

E.D. Hill (she normally doesn't look this good):

Kiran Chetry (I'm guessing she'll get some votes):

Alysin Camerota (looks best in bangs):

Page Hopkins:

Laurie Dhue (not Duhe):

Megyn Kendall (apparently not Megan):

Personally, I'm not going to vote for any of them to get a haircut. Juliet and Page have more of a layered look these days and Kiran's hair is somewhat longer. The one I struggle with is E.D. Hill. For the life of me, I don't understand why Fox picked her as the female face of their morning show. The photo above may be the best one I've ever seen of her. Most days it seems like she struggles with a hairstyle.

If you can't see the photos in this box, you can click and see them here:

http://www.gogomag.com/talkingheads/free_fox.htm - TVHeads.com - Cable News Message Boards - Free Downloads - Fox News

Posted By: Stu
Date Posted: December 14 2005 at 11:36pm

JulietrHuddy's already had short Hair:

http://www.kapturedforyou.com/huddy/huddy11.html - http://www.kapturedforyou.com/huddy/huddy11.html

Posted By: Heratic
Date Posted: December 15 2005 at 12:55am

Who cloned this lot!

-------------
Its your hair, your choice and your decision

Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: December 15 2005 at 9:47am
E.D. Hill looks a bit more like Ed Hill.. The rest are okay but MegYn might have had a bit of a nosejob accident. All have the same basic haircut styled differently..like fembots.

-------------

Posted By: Rocky
Date Posted: December 15 2005 at 10:23am

I say E.D. Hill needs to do something way more than the others on the list.  Her hair never looks good and it seems like she doesn't care.  This is surprising for someone who anchors a morning news program on a major network.  A while back, she cut her hair a bit shorter and it appeared she was going for an image change.  Unfortunately, it was short-lived.

Posted By: trophywife
Date Posted: December 15 2005 at 11:09am
The one with the dark hair looks worst in the photos posted above, but it's difficult to tell from just the one frieze-frame.  I'm not such a fan of newsreader hair on the whole, it's not really very hip, is it?

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: December 15 2005 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Hellfrozeover Hellfrozeover wrote:

None of them IMO. No offence but posts saying that random celebs need to chop off their hair suck a little bit. It's their choice at the end of the day. Noone needs a cut.

I agree with Hellfrozeover.

Since you seem to be a fervid friend of fox, I might have guessed you'd be more "fair and balanced."  (But of course, Fox's perspective isn't, so I'm really not surprised).  If your poll were actually more "fair and balanced," you'd at least have a choice of "none," and also choices for talking heads to wear their hair longer.

[Edited to self-moderate]

Posted By: Observer
Date Posted: December 15 2005 at 11:26pm

The question is which could use a "good" cut, not a major cut or a short cut, but a good cut. Judging by the photos, I'd say several have room for improvement or change, if only so they don't look so similar. Laurie Dhue looks fabulous, though.

On a side note, I watch CNN myself (probably just out of habit), but I'm always a bit amused by the Fox bashers. What Fox bashers don't seem to understand is that the reason Fox News is such a contrast to the others is because the others lean left. All news organizations & news presenters have bias. They are human. Just keep it in perspective & try to filter thru the B.S. as best you can.

Date Posted: December 16 2005 at 7:02am

Sorry to offend.

Posted By: Rod
Date Posted: December 16 2005 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Heratic Heratic wrote:

Who cloned this lot!

You are so right. Does Fox force all their employees to go to the same stylist
who knows only one cut and one color?

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: December 16 2005 at 12:46pm

Fox has indeed perfected cloning, but at least this uni-style is an improvement upon the old super short crop to bob look EVERY female anchor in the country had a few years ago.

To answer you question, none of the above *need* a cut; in fact, I think they all would ascend into the stratosphere with 6-18" extra length. THEN, they would truly stand out!  Bob

Posted By: Rod
Date Posted: December 16 2005 at 7:53pm
If they all grew their hair longer to the same length, then they'd still all look
alike and none would truly stand out.

Date Posted: December 17 2005 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Observer Observer wrote:

The question is which could use a "good" cut, not a major cut or a short cut, but a good cut. Judging by the photos, I'd say several have room for improvement or change, if only so they don't look so similar. Laurie Dhue looks fabulous, though.

In this context, if one defines "good" as "performed with precision" then it may be that they all have "good" cuts.

But I sense from what both you (and Rod, and possibly the hairnut2) write, you guys want to see variety.  Why was it so difficult to use that word in the first place?

News departments budgets may not allow room for more than 1 stylist.  Maybe you'll consider seeking out other news outlets for different stylists' efforts (and other news and political POV's)?

Posted By: Horse
Date Posted: December 17 2005 at 9:23am
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

[QUOTE=Observer]
News departments budgets may not allow room for more than 1 stylist.  Maybe you'll consider seeking out other news outlets for different stylists' efforts (and other news and political POV's)?

HaaaHAaaaa!

That made my day. Like they have no money left for stylists. Why, because their paying so much for researchers and fact checkers?

HahaHAaaaaaa!

-------------
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha

Date Posted: December 17 2005 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Horse Horse wrote:

Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

HaaaHAaaaa!

That made my day. Like they have no money left for stylists. Why, because their paying so much for researchers and fact checkers?

HahaHAaaaaaa!

Which kinda puts this entire discussion into its proper context.

IMO their budgetary priorities are somewhat out-of-whack.  Less money for hairstylists and more for research and fact-checking would be a very good thing.  To me, the job of the "news" is to objectively inform the audience.  Of course, objectivity seems to be in short supply from various "news" departments, from time to time.  But their priorities have become ever more focused on the bottom line, and so their job seems to have become to retain the audience (and presumably by whatever means, including precisely-coiffed talking heads).

Date Posted: December 19 2005 at 7:40am

Obviously from looking above...ED wins the poll....she has had quite the "haystack" look going of late anyway.

But again, I think there is some "issue" here and if it lies within grammatical context then well that is where it lies...

Maybe all of our posts should be "proof read" and "approved" the english gods before posting.

Print Page | Close Window