Print Page | Close Window

SOPHIST-O-TWIST

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=38138
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 4:25pm

Topic: SOPHIST-O-TWIST
Posted By: Olga
Subject: SOPHIST-O-TWIST
Date Posted: December 18 2005 at 5:52am

Hello everybody,

I desperately need your advice. I've just bought 2 Sophist-o-twist thingies, and I have no idea how to use them for any hairstyle but a bun. I know there are absolutely loads of various hairstyles one can do with Sophist-o-twist, but I couldn't find a guide/manual with proper instructions online, so hope that somebody here can give valuable recommendations or provide clueless me with a link. I'm particularly interested in updos (like French twists) and more sophisticated versions of the good olde ponytail. Thank you in advance.

Replies:
Posted By: LadyFrog
Date Posted: December 18 2005 at 7:12am
I've never heard of them I'm afraid but I can tell you how to do a normal french twist if you want!

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43733 - Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Date Posted: December 18 2005 at 8:42pm

I would love to know new ways of making French twists, ta .

As for 'Sophist-o-twist', you probably know this tool ('Sophist-o-twist' is just a trademark name under which it was released a decade ago) - it's a velvet band stretched on a flexible wiry frame with a slit in the middle to fix the hair ends and then make different styles that involve rolling and twisting without using pins and grips. Supposed to be supercomfy.

Posted By: LadyFrog
Date Posted: December 19 2005 at 1:36pm
Oh, I know! My mum has one. Ummm, don't really like them myself as they don't hold my hair up that well.

French twistyness-whilst holding your hair up towards the ceiling, twist so it gathers hair from one side of the head. Fold back down and push in to the pocket you've created then roll it over until you've got a nice neat roll. Secure with something

These instructions are good
www.haarkram.e-something.de

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43733 - Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: December 19 2005 at 2:33pm
LadyFrog, Thanks for the instructions, and that link you provided is terrific! My hair is  just now long enough to start doing some small buns and twists. Now I just need to get some toys.....

-------------

Date Posted: December 19 2005 at 8:47pm

Thanks a lot for the tips and a linky, Lady Frog -- they are wonderful. Such an elegant styles.

Meanwhile, I've been playing with my Sophista thingy, and it surely has great erm… potential with styles that involve rolling, but there must be some tricks that still remain a complete mystery for me (how to keep hair in place, for example, or ponytail-making).

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: December 24 2005 at 3:54pm
Hiya Olga... how have your styling experiments been doing? 

-------------

Date Posted: December 28 2005 at 8:24am

Not too well I'm afraid. I've been recommended this site http://www.lymans.com/ez-buns/ - , there are some styling instructions, but still there're more questions than results. I managed to make quite an elegant 'short' ponytail on another long-haired person (or should I say 'victim'?), but that was all I could do. I just can't figure out how on earth the thingy is kept 'in place' by itself (as supposed). So if there's a Sophist-o-twist expert out there, I'm still eager to be instructed on more complicated styles.

Cheers, and happy holidays to you all beautiful people

Posted By: MrsMNK
Date Posted: December 29 2005 at 4:46am

wow i like the look of that bun on the end! lol it looks to easy but i bet its not Lol

-------------
Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*

Date Posted: December 29 2005 at 8:15am

It's most definitely NOT!

Print Page | Close Window