Forum Name: African American Hair & Related History
Forum Description: Topics On History & Philosophy
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=38340
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 4:10pm

Topic: African Amereican Memer Of the Month
Posted By: THECHOSEN1
Subject: African Amereican Memer Of the Month
Date Posted: December 23 2005 at 4:09pm
 I think it will be good if every month someone post some infomation about a certain person from there state that had an effecton  there state

ill post mine later

-------------
waveing is mental a barrier u must over come

Replies:
Posted By: BIGGMike
Date Posted: December 27 2005 at 11:47am
hummm

-------------
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!

Date Posted: December 28 2005 at 8:20pm

-------------

Posted By: BIGGMike
Date Posted: December 30 2005 at 2:04pm
Who do you have in mind this month? Post their name and explain why.

-------------
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!

Date Posted: January 01 2006 at 5:49pm
ok later though

everyone should post someone every month and keep it flwoing

-------------

Posted By: baller05
Date Posted: January 03 2006 at 11:20am

Founded the Daytona Normal and Industrial Institute for Negro Girls (now Bethune-Cookman College) in 1904, and served as president from 1904-1942 and from 1946-47. Was a leader in the black women's club movement and served as president of the National Association of Colored Women. Was a delegate and advisor to national conferences on education, child welfare, and home ownership.Was Director of Negro Affairs in the the National Youth Adminstration from 1936 to 1944. Served as consultant to the U.S. Secretary of War for selection of the first female officer candidates. Appointed consultant on interracial affairs and understanding at the charter conference of the U.N. Founder of the National Council of Negro Women. Vice-president of the NAACP. Was awarded the Haitian Medal of Honor and Merit, that country's highest award. In Liberia she received the honor of Commander of the Order of the Star of Africa.

-------------

Date Posted: January 04 2006 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by baller05 baller05 wrote:

Founded the Daytona Normal and Industrial Institute for Negro Girls (now Bethune-Cookman College) in 1904, and served as president from 1904-1942 and from 1946-47. Was a leader in the black women's club movement and served as president of the National Association of Colored Women. Was a delegate and advisor to national conferences on education, child welfare, and home ownership.Was Director of Negro Affairs in the the National Youth Adminstration from 1936 to 1944. Served as consultant to the U.S. Secretary of War for selection of the first female officer candidates. Appointed consultant on interracial affairs and understanding at the charter conference of the U.N. Founder of the National Council of Negro Women. Vice-president of the NAACP. Was awarded the Haitian Medal of Honor and Merit, that country's highest award. In Liberia she received the honor of Commander of the Order of the Star of Africa.

omg! thats who I was going to pick...I can tell your from florida

-------------

Date Posted: January 04 2006 at 12:29pm
I visited her college and it was at first a all girls college.....her gravesite ,and her old house is still there you can go there and visit

-------------

Print Page | Close Window