Print Page | Close Window

I’m back.....

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=38470
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 2:32pm

Topic: I’m back.....
Posted By: denali_ice
Subject: I’m back.....
Date Posted: December 28 2005 at 10:06pm
It has been soooooo long that I am not sure if anyone will even remember me.  (almost a year, and I was a relitively new posted when I "disappeared") 

In March, I was given a huge surprise.... a double pink line on an EPT.  (it certainly explained the exhaustion that I had been feeling!)  Less than two weeks later, an U/S showed that we were having TWINS!  So, yes, that is probably around the last time that I logged in until recently.

The twins (identical boys) were born healthy on Sept. 16th (just two days after my 30th *gasp* b-day, and 5 weeks before their due date)  They only required 11 days in the NICU. 

I am now at the most lovely postpartum stage.... when you begin to shed hairs at a fast rate. 

I was able to make it through the pregnancy with only one trim.  I was able to somehow resist the urge to chop it all off.  My hair is waist length and really really close to what I will call hip length, but needs just a bit more growth. 

I just wanted to say hello and how good it is to see you all.  It has been a crazy, crazy year....but at least up until now, I have survived!

-------------
On a hot summer night, would you offeryour throat to the wolf with the red roses?

Replies:
Posted By: MrsMNK
Date Posted: December 29 2005 at 4:19am
wow Congratulations on ur birth, i hope u and ur boys are doing well. Aprox how many hairs do you lose wile in postpartum stage? sounds quite scary, ive heard some people go bald, i would die! Hope you get all ur energy back very soon

-------------
Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*

Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: December 29 2005 at 4:28am
Congrats. I agree, that does sound scarey! Maybe I'll adopt to save my hair! Identical twins though? That sounds great but alot of work.

-------------

Posted By: LadyFrog
Date Posted: December 29 2005 at 11:17am
welcome back to the board and congratulations on the babies-I agree with HFO sounds very cute but extraordinarily hard work!

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43733 - Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Posted By: denali_ice
Date Posted: December 29 2005 at 11:50pm
thank you all!   :)

I am afraid to count the hairs in my brush or in the tub after I wash my hair. This morning a while after I brushed, when I reached back and kind of ran my fingers through the ends of my hair.... there were 20 plus hairs that stayed on my hand.  I have to keep reminding myself that 20 hairs my length looks like even more than it is.  I don't recall this kind of shedding after my 1st son was born 8 years ago, but then again, that was 8 years ago and a very different pregnancy.

I am not noticing any really thin areas and I hope it stays that way. My hair is so heavy that the weight makes it appear thinner than it is anyway.

-------------
On a hot summer night, would you offeryour throat to the wolf with the red roses?

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: January 03 2006 at 11:58pm

Congratulations on your twin boys! Welcome back

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Print Page | Close Window