Forum Name: Asian Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special hair needs of people of Asian descent
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=38680
Printed Date: June 18 2024 at 9:06am

Topic: Messy Asian Hair
Posted By: hairl3ss
Subject: Messy Asian Hair
Date Posted: January 04 2006 at 1:24am
I have the typical asian hair - straight, jet black, thin, and grows VERY fast.

The thing, my hair looks best a week or so after my haircut because it is short enough to gel around to make it look messy.  I keep my bangs and the top of my hair messy with gel.

The problem is, once it grows too long, which is in like 2 weeks, I can't gel it to that messy effect anymore.  It seems the gel is not strong enough  to give that messy look - the hair stops sticking up after 30 min and goes flat.

The really really strong gels work better to some extent but they make my hair look more chunky then messy, know what I mean?

So can anyone recommend that good balance for me, something I can put in my hair or some sort of technique that will let me keep my hair somewhat long but messy sticking up?

Thanks!

Replies:
Posted By: huystarr
Date Posted: January 04 2006 at 7:24pm
Well, if you like that gelled look, then when your hair is longer, just apply the gel as usual and once it is in the desired position, apply some hairspray and blowdry it. I have a blowdryer that has a weak setting so that it can dry my hair without blowing too strong as to mess my style up.

Posted By: hairl3ss
Date Posted: January 04 2006 at 9:14pm
Thanks i'll give it a try.

Print Page | Close Window