Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=39229
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 10:49pm

Topic: oops I did it again!!
Posted By: ladylaughalott
Subject: oops I did it again!!
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 8:45am
Hi,
I am having huge problems getting my hair to hold color after bleaching it blonde (wow,what a mistake!)I would like to restore it to it's natural dark blonde/light brown, but have tried repeatedly with various store boxed dyes to no avail.(Even tried puttting reddish color on, then covering that with the color I wanted, but it still came right back out within 2 weeks, leaving it a nice shade of copper,lol) I hate the dryness I have caused and wondered if using Shades would help any. My hair is mid-back length, so just waiting for it to grow out would not work for me, any suggestions?
Thanks,
Angie

Replies:
Posted By: trophywife
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 8:48am

You could cut off some of the damaged, dry hair and concentrate on restoring the healthier, shorter hair?

Good luck whatever you do!

-------------
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 8:54am
After you bleach it that light, you need to use a protein filler before you dye it darker.  You can get it at a beauty supply shop like Sally.

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: ladylaughalott
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:26am

Susan,

I had been told to use the protein filler before, but not quite sure how to go about it..And should I use a neutral or brown colored one? My husband is awfuly sick of watching me run around with dye on my head,lol, so I really need to get this fixed for good asap...

Print Page | Close Window