Print Page | Close Window

Bohyme/Pro-Tac Install!!!!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=39251
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 3:42am

Topic: Bohyme/Pro-Tac Install!!!!
Posted By: sherrie215
Subject: Bohyme/Pro-Tac Install!!!!
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 6:38pm

Heres my new install with the Pro-Tac tape. I LOVE this stuff. I done this Sunday...just got around to pictures tonight after work...so pardon the worn out 'do....LOL There is nearly 8 ounces of Bohyme on my head with Pro-Tac tape. I doubled all rows with the exception of the mid level rows in the back..they are TRIPLE wefted. The bottom two rows are always the first to slip with any wefted method I use, so I didnt want to triple those! I used a little LG to bond the wefts together before taping for added security. They feel VERY secure!

So here goes.....onto the pictures!

Replies:
Posted By: metalgirl
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 7:04pm

Beautiful!

-------------
http://www.Godiva-Hair.com - http://www.Godiva-Hair.com
http://www.MetamorphosisHairDesign.com - http://www.MetamorphosisHairDesign.com

Posted By: Cali-Kristin
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 7:04pm
Beautiful Sherrie!!!    Is that the UK or US Bohmye brand? It looks VERY natural!  What is your natural hair like? Do you have any before pictures?

-------------
http://www.YourHairShop.com - www.YourHairShop.com

Posted By: Kimberly D
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 7:19pm
Awesome hair, Sherrie! Ha, "worn out 'do", I'd love it if my hair looked
like that right after styling in the morning!

When you say double wefted, that's one weft placed right above, or
below, another weft on the same pro-flex strip, right? Staggered? Same
with triple wefts? Just trying to nail it down, I *hope* to be doing my
install next week, with any luck!   

Posted By: tjoh99
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 7:50pm
Holy good god woman! You look like you should be riding a white horse, butt naked with the sun setting behind you!!

Goddess!

Did you curl it with a 1" like Kristen to get that nice curl or did the hair come like that??

FAB! 

Posted By: Carla From VA
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 7:58pm
Hi, your hair looks absolutely amazing!!  I love the spiral curls.  Fabulous job.  I bow to your greatness.

Posted By: Aphrodite
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 8:56pm
WOW!  Looks gorgeous!

-------------

Posted By: gsmilie
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:24pm

HOLY CRAP WOMAN 8oz, IS YOUR HEAD HEAVY?????

I bet you have got some volume now!!

It looks wonderful, I agree with tjoh99, you should be riding a white horse, naked of course!!

Is'nt this tape stuff the BOMB!!!  It is so much easier than LG, just wait until you have to remove, it is even easier than the install.  No clumps to comb out!!

Good job, rock on with your mega hair!!!

Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:24pm

Thanks girls!

Kristin, this is US Bohyme from Ebonyline...couldnt resist the after Christmas sale...only $94 a weft. I still dont think Bohyme  silky straight looks its best with a tighter curl....although it looks excellent with a loose curl or straight. This is my second Bohyme install, and I dont remember having quite this much shedding with the first Bohyme install...kinda annoying me, hopefully the shedding lets up! My natural hair in very fine sorta wavy/kinda frizzy. But straightens out very easily. I do have a picture with no extensions floating around this board somewhere...UGGH...no I didnt take any naked head shots this time LOL, the less of those the better!

Kimberly, yes I have doubled and tripled the wefts on one tape. I used LG to bond the wefts together for added security before applying the tape. Yes the tracks are kinda staggered or one below the other ..not track on top of track, not as bulky that way. They seem very secure....but the verdict is still out on that.

tjoh, this is straight Bohyme. I usually use my 1 inch iron like Kristin used in her pictures. But this morning I used my 5/8 iron and the curl was too tight. I really had to brush it out alot to get the curl to loosen up!

Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:30pm

gsmilie...hehe, no it doesnt feel heavy at all. I usually use at least 6 ounces, and with Bohyme it seems like I need more for volume.

You are absolutely right, this tape stuff ROCKS. So simple and easy and none of the messy hassle of LG installs. If thes hold up 5/6 weeks for me my LG installs will be a thing of the past! And even better yet, the easy removal...this stuff is like a dream for a DIYer!

Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:35pm
I have had my install in for almost 5 weeks, and I can see going at least another week, I have a few small pieces I may need to add a little LG to cover the tape ends, but there is no lifting or slipage, just natural growth!!!

Posted By: Cali-Kristin
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:36pm

You know what's really funny about Ebonyline's sale is that the $94 you paid is way under the wholesale price for the US Bohyme hair and I know because I order it direct from the company. As for your shedding, that's really odd because I've never had any shedding US Bohyme hair... I wonder if they could have switched the hair or something.... did all the proper lables and tags come on the hair? I thought it was weird anyways-- they actually paid you to take that hair Sherrie

-------------
http://www.YourHairShop.com - www.YourHairShop.com

Posted By: Kimbearly
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:38pm
Wow Sherrie just beautiful   

-------------

Posted By: TanglesRC
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:56pm

SHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrie- Awesome girl-

when are u gonna start offering to paying clients girl??? Now u have some serious awesome hair!

You may not be pro- but your pro in my eyes!

-------------
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...

Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:59pm

Yeah Kristin....much shedding right now. I wonder if it has something to do with the cut edges of the weft shedding. Normally they are glued pretty tight with LG installs or glued into pretips. But with this pro-tac install the edges are not as secured by glue? I didnt even think about reinforcing the edges of the wefts, I was so excited to do my pro-tac tapes that I didnt think...duh. Yep all proper labels, tags packaging...its definitely authentic Bohyme. The sale was on ALL hair at ebonyline, not just Bohyme.

LOL Tangles...as soon as my daughter graduates in 2 years, then I can go back to school for a cos license! By that time I should have enough knowledge of extensions to get into the business. How many 40+ year olds do you think they see is cos school!! hehe

Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 10:21pm

hey sher- when i was in beauty school yrs ago- there were a few glas in their 40 in school. its never to late to educate yourself.

what state do u live in?

gosh i would certainly hire u now as an assistant if u had a liscense.

-------------

Posted By: Syren123
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 10:32pm
That is totally smokin', Sherrie!!! Whiplash worthy!

LOL! Don't those proflex tapes just rule?! I agree! They have totally revamped how I wear hair now, and even I can do it myself. And the price is totally right! Plus, they stay in forever. Those things are a miracle.

You look stunning, girlie!

Posted By: shadowfyre
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 11:29pm
You look awesome!!! Please, Sherrie, tell me your secret for keeping the strips in!!! Mine slid out with the first wash...waaaa! lol.

Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 11:51pm

shdow- someone suggusted hitting it with a hot blowdryer.

i installed a small strip of a weft on my side today just to try it out, about 4 in wide, took me two seconds to get in, looks awesome. All my stylist are curious now! lol- i do one on one coaching in extensions at my salon, so i guess i will be teaching them this too!

-------------

Posted By: Amanda8Beechwoo
Date Posted: January 20 2006 at 3:52am
Wozza!  That's some fricking hair Sherrie, you look absolutely beautiful, bleeding stunning!  I just love that much hair on you xx

-------------
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]

Posted By: aimee
Date Posted: January 20 2006 at 3:58am

wooooow sherrie the hair is stunning, beautiful, gorgeous, love it, want it lol

hot hot hot

i still wear my microring weft install but tonight i will add some more volume with the pro tac cant wait to try

-------------
im a synthetic girl and i love plastikhaar

Date Posted: January 20 2006 at 6:21am

I cant imagine this stuff sliding out of someones hair. The tape is so sticky that its difficult to get your fingers off the tape when peeling the backing papers off...LOL.

I peel off the blue tape first, stick my wefts onto the bottom half pressing the weft down really good. Then fold over the tape and pressing the tophalf of the tape over the wefts. Leaving the 2 white sides on until Im ready to install. I spend a few minutes running my fingers over each weft/taped piece to make sure the tape is really secured to the weft. Then to install I take off one side of the white paper and apply it to my hair, again pressing it over and over....spend a few minutes pressing it before peeling off the remaining piece of white paper and sandwiching with another layer of hair over the tape. I use a comb to press the hair onto the tape...again spending a few minutes pressing it over and over and running my fingers back and forth over the bonded area.

I didnt use a blowdryer, but I think thats a good idea to help set the glue. I waited over 24 hours before the first wash and Im making sure to blowdry the bonded area good and not leave the tapes wet.

Posted By: JeepGirl
Date Posted: January 20 2006 at 9:42am
So you are attaching the protac to the weft before you attach it to your hair.....so it's a double sided tape and then you fold over....waiting for my wefts to arrive and do my first weft install.....evrytime you guys post pics I get so excited... cant wait to get mine. Just a little nervous about doing the back myself and not attaching a bunch of wild stray hairs and having a mangled mess.
Your hair ROCKS Sherrie! Hope mine turns out as well.
So you would suggest LG the cut ends of the wefts before you tape?
How noticable  are the wefts in the wind...are they less noticable than strand by strand methods and do they hold up in the pool... sure don't want to be swimming one way and my wefts the other.....

-------------
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!

Date Posted: January 20 2006 at 9:42am

Sher - is pro-tac the same as pro-flex?

Thanks for the very descriptive explanation of making these wefts.  It has really made me able to visualize how to do this.  Can you tell me a little about your placement on your head? When you "overlap" them, what exactly does that mean/look like?

Thanks!  

-------------

Posted By: sassyhair
Date Posted: January 20 2006 at 9:44am
Looks fantastic!! Love the whole thing about it.

Date Posted: January 20 2006 at 10:28am
Normally how wide of weft do you cut for the back, sides etc. I know everyones head is a different size but in general.....how many and what sizes do u use?
Or is there a site that I can go to where it shows placements of wefts?

-------------
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!

Posted By: LauraR
Date Posted: January 20 2006 at 11:30am

Looks beautiful Sherrie, as always!!!!!!

I have to know how long it takes you to curl your hair???

Posted By: sammyJB
Date Posted: January 20 2006 at 5:17pm
I have to reiterate. It really does look to die for. Gorg! 

Posted By: OhSoSassy
Date Posted: January 20 2006 at 5:35pm
Very Very beautiful!

Date Posted: January 21 2006 at 11:02am

Jeepgirl, yes I attach the wefts to the protac before installing. I would suggest a little nail glue on the ends of the wefts to keep the edges from unraveling or shedding. It will soak through the edges better than LG.

Aphrodite...yes my understanding is that Pro-flex and Pro-tac are the same thing. Heres a picture of what I mean about how I place the wefts on the tape....but I dont overlap the tapes on my head. Maybe the pictures will give a better visual...Im not so sure if Im really good at describing it! I used a little LG between the layers of hair on the tape to help with making them secure.

Also in the picture the blue side of the tape is still on...I peel the blue side off first, stick my wefts onto the tape, fold over the tape, leaving both white sides still on until ready to install....peel of one white backing, stick it to the part, then peel off the other white backing and sandwich

Jeepgirl, I make my part in my natural hair, measure the part (leaving an inch on each side away from hairline) then cut the weft and tape to the right size. I start about 2 inches from the nape at the back and make my first row. If you feel the back of your head...right at the base of your skull, that indentation...right above that indentation is the edge of your occipital bone and thats about where your first row should start. (I start slightly lower, but this is the first row with any weft method I use that starts to slip first) after youve completed the first row, just go up a little bit and make your next part, leaving enough space in between rows that you dont have tape on top of tape. I can fit 3 rows comfortably at the back of my head...from ear level down...then I have two rows that run from temple to temple around....so 5 rows. Then I add a short row on each side about 4 inches long, below my part.

Posted By: OhSoSassy
Date Posted: January 21 2006 at 11:19am

Sherrie:

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I cannot wait to try this type of install. =) I have heard such good things about this method form so many people on this board.

Date Posted: January 21 2006 at 11:25am

Sher - your explanation is awesome.  It needs to become a tutorial for this board.  I now completely understand what to do. 

Does anyone know how to add this to the tutorial page?

-------------

Date Posted: January 21 2006 at 11:28am

By the way....I do mine almost identical to the demo on Amms site...the only difference is I peel the blue side of the backing off first....leaving the 2 halves of white backing on.

OhSoSassy....I love this tape method. Ive used LG for weft bonding for years and this stuff blows away LG for ease of application!

Date Posted: January 21 2006 at 1:03pm

So after the 3 rows from ear level down... are you saying that those other 2 rows are continous from one side of your temple back around to the other temple with one length of weft or are you just following the line and breaking up the weft in sections? I know I sound like an idiot but I just want to make sure I completly understand before I attach these to my head. I ordered 12 strips of protac just to be safe and for my learning curves....I know it doesn't take that much but I wanted extra in case of any falling out. So if all goes well then I'll order more tape.

I so nervous to do this method....but so  excited at the same time.

So any input on how these hold up in the swimming pool? 

-------------
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Date Posted: January 21 2006 at 1:35pm

I use continous rows from temple to temple. (But you could do smaller sections) Oh yeah 12 is more than enough! I think I use 4 or 4 & 1/2 tapes. Really girl...its simple, you wont screw it up!

Date Posted: January 21 2006 at 2:10pm

GReat......thanks for explaining that...I thnk I've got! I was going to do them in sections kinda like the clip-in packages...where they have the different sizes.....but this way seems faster and I would think I would feel more secure knowing a smaller piece of my hair won't go flying off on the dance floor and never knowing it. At 40 yrs old I need to keep it all together the best I can!!!

You are terrific for posting those pics and explaining all that! Yes someone needs to add that to the tutorial page.

I'll let you gals know when I get my hair and put it in!!

-------------
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Posted By: shadowfyre
Date Posted: January 21 2006 at 2:24pm
Thanks for such a detailed description, I'm going to give it another go!

Posted By: HUSSAFUSS
Date Posted: January 22 2006 at 1:53pm

Hi Sherri,

I always look forward to your posts. I currently use LG installs due to your expertise.

I was wondering, the strips look like they could be shiny and show thru fine hair. Is this true or can you sandwich like LG? Does it feel like you have tape in your hair when you touch it?

Again, Many thanks...Dottie

FYI... your hair always looks awesome!

Posted By: elvira
Date Posted: January 22 2006 at 2:04pm
Sherrie, I'm surprised that you haven't been asked to become a hair model or become a spokesperson for a large hair company to advertise their hair or even a shampoo product model or ........something!!!!!!!

Posted By: monsterita
Date Posted: January 22 2006 at 2:30pm

Originally posted by HUSSAFUSS HUSSAFUSS wrote:

I was wondering, the strips look like they could be shiny and show thru fine hair. Is this true or can you sandwich like LG? Does it feel like you have tape in your hair when you touch it?

For me, the tape isn't shiny and the hair sandwiches the tape, so it doesn't show unless my hair is parted funny or the wind blows my hair up exposing the tape.  It feels like there is double sided tape in your hair, but because most of the tape is stuck to your hair, you don't feel the stickiness (except sometimes for me after I wash it).

Date Posted: January 22 2006 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by HUSSAFUSS HUSSAFUSS wrote:

I was concerned about that also, so the very top row I did not fold over the tape onto the weft, but just attached it to the underside of the weft and then placed it on my head.  You are able to somewhat sandwich some hair over as there is some tape exposed, but not enough to show thru.  I have very, I mean very fine thin hair, and nobody can tell that I am wearing them.  When I used shrinkies, I had alot of "exposure", especially when I wore a ponytail.  But this method just ROCKS!!!  Unless you are in a windstorm, or are wipping your hair around all the time, nobody can tell.  Oh, by the way, my hair color is a #5, I think if your hair is lighter the tape may not show thru as much and you may not need to do the top layer as I do.

Date Posted: January 22 2006 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

OhSoSassy....I love this tape method. Ive used LG for weft bonding for years and this stuff blows away LG for ease of application!

So do you think that you will go back to LG???? 

I know that I won't!!!  I am even debating on whether I should install my Lush hair that I have sitting here, I love this tape method so MUCH!!!  I wonder if I could put the pre-tips onto the tape and get that to work

Date Posted: January 23 2006 at 1:16am

of course u can use the lush, why not>>?right?

just put them close together

-------------

Date Posted: January 23 2006 at 7:07am

I dont find the tape shines through at all. When first installed, it does have a shiny appearance. But once you sandwich the hair over the tape and after its washed it looses the shiny appearance. I find the sanwiched methods the least visible in my opionion. I always think if my hair blows in the wind or whatever that the sandwiched wefts are far less noticeable than shrinkies, links or fusion bonds.

I also agree with what monsterita said about the tapes feeling sticky when wet. I think they do feel a little sticky after I wash my hair. But I really blowdry the bond area good to dry them and they dont feel sticky after they are dry.

Originally posted by gsmilie gsmilie wrote:

I think if your hair is lighter the tape may not show thru as much and you may not need to do the top layer as I do.

I HAVE to sandwich the top row because the extension hair color is so much lighter than my root color that sandwiching helps hide and blend, otherwise the track color would stick out like a sore thumb!

I doubt I will ever go back to LG if these tapes hold up for awhile. Honestly Ive always liked my weft installs over the individuals.

Ive thought about all the pretipped hair that I have sitting here. But I really dont think the pretips would be secure enough on the tape to install that way. But its worth an experiment!

Posted By: HUSSAFUSS
Date Posted: January 23 2006 at 10:12am

Thanks everyone for your incites.

Looks like I will order me some strips. I tell ya, the DIY wefts are the way to go. I've had 3 professional strand by strand installs done for thousands of dollars. Nothing came out nearly as good as the wefts. This board has been a life and money saver. So many thanks.

My husband will thank you too if I can master the strips myself. He is sick of gluing his hand to my head. "Honey, where's the acetone?"

Did I say I did it myself?...well, sort of.

Posted By: PRPRINCESS
Date Posted: January 30 2006 at 11:12pm

Dont know if this has been covered so please forgive if this is a repeat question. I have relatively curly hair (like indian remy on shrinkies.net) I was wondering how the pro-flex tape would work or hold up against being straightened. I have to use a paddle brush to blow dry and then flat iron. It is an hour long process, but worth it as it looks just like naturallly straight hair. But do you think that i would have a problem getting my hair super straight at the root where the tape is being that I cannot really get the brush thru it? Thanks for your help ladies!!!

**pr princess**

Date Posted: January 30 2006 at 11:27pm
ohhh, thats a good question! Im not sure....maybe one of our curly haired gals can answer that question! I use a straightening brush with my blowdryer and also flat iron the top layers of my hair, but mine is just slightly wavy/kinda frizzy ...so I dont have to do too much straightening.

Date Posted: January 31 2006 at 8:09am

The hair that I have installed with Pro-Tac is an indian remy.  I wear it both ways.  On days that I have more time, I blow it straight and use a round brush to help straighten it.  Then I use my flat iron and iron the crap out of it.  I have had no problems with the Pro-tac.  So far this stuff just ROCKS!!!  I haven't found anything negative about it, even the gooy, gunky, funky snotty stuff that you get when you remove is not that bad when you relize that you don't HAVE to remove it all to re-install. (just the chunks!)

Date Posted: February 01 2006 at 10:39am
I'm getting ready to install a french refined and elite remy. I have naturally curly hair and also straighten it often. I will post my experiences with it after a couple of weeks of wear. That is if I can install it and make it stay.LOL
I think I am going to anchor the edges and middle with shrinkies like someone else here did... I think that is a great backup method.

-------------
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:16pm

OK...Im at the 3 week mark this weekend with my Bohyme/Pro-tac install and just wanted to give a little update!

This stuff is holding up GREAT!

As for the hair....the shedding slowed down to a minimum after about a week, so maybe it was just from the cut edges of the wefts (Im not sure) but its not shedding enough to be concerned about at all. I have abused the crap out of this hair the past 3 weeks and it looks as good as the day installed! I have washed blowdried and curled at least 18 times! I contribute the condition of the hair to the quality of Bohyme, the shower filter that I installed, and the non-sulfate shampoo. Ive also been very faithful to the wide toothed comb and not using a brush too much!

Now...about the Pro-tac strips! These things are holding up incredibly well....Im shocked at 18 washes and the daily shampoo/conditioning they are still in there securely, with the exception of my very top short rows (the one on each side of my head below my center part) The top sandwiched hairs starting coming loose from the tape and the tape was becoming exposed, so yesterday I did a little LG bonding and sandwiched the hair back over the tape. I contribute this to the hair being thinner and finer in that area, and will do that short row for now on with LG. I think someone ele mentioned this problem on the top row too...maybe gsmilie?? I am surprised that my bottom row is as secure as the rest, as this is the first row that normally starts to slip with LG bonded wefts.

Im surprised that none have come out, remember I tripled wefted some of my rows  ...so Im amazed that they are all still in there securely! These do feel loose in comparison to LG bonds. The LG bonds are usually stuck tight to my root/scalp area for about the first two weeks, and the pro-tac is never tight to the scalp so this is a new feeling that is taking a little getting used to!

So far the Pro-Tac has impressed me....and I definitely see them lasting at least another week or two or longer....Ill update again later!

Posted By: Kalika
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:21pm

Oh Im so glad!  I just ordered a bunch of protac strips and some of amms elite remy hair for norway, Ill be there 2 weeks and wont really have a chance o fix my hair if anything goes wrong.  I mean I'll bring some extras but I cant carry my whole "home salon" you know

And my bottom row is always the first to slip to, I wonder why that is?

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:31pm

Kalika these things took about an hour and a half to install (14 tracks of weft onto 6 rows of tapes)....super fast install. SO if they last 4/5 weeks for me Ill be a happy camper!

Im not sure why the bonded weft bottom row slips sooner, but the pro-tac is as secure as the rest....and its the top row that seems to be the issue with pro-tac....havent figured it out yet!

Posted By: Amanda8Beechwoo
Date Posted: February 04 2006 at 6:17am
I have a client that is on her 9th week and these things aren't moving lol.  xxx

-------------
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]

Date Posted: February 04 2006 at 8:45am

Sherrie:  My top little pieces slip with the tape, too.  Yesterday, I was at work and noticed that the top piece on my right side wasn't there.  I searched high and low for it fearing that it had fallen out at work, like when I was in a meeting or something.  I found it at home in my towel.  Embarrassed

Kalika:   I anchored my bottom rows with a shrinkie at each end.  They are the first to get loose for me, too, but the shrinkies keep the weft from slipping.  It will definitely secure it for you while you're in Norway.

Posted By: Jenny_RR
Date Posted: February 04 2006 at 10:25am
Ah...I'm sold on this Pro-Tac. What a beautiful install, and it looks like something I could actually figure out!

xoxox

-------------
http://www.beautyaddictmag.com - www.beautyaddictmag.com

Posted By: jodicline
Date Posted: February 04 2006 at 10:55am

How do you anchor it with a shrinkie?  Where do you put the shrinkie?  For some reason I can't picture that!  Also, where do you get LG and what is LG?  I'm wanting to try this with amm's hair this week, I have lush in right now and although it is still looking great, I want to experiment! 

Date Posted: February 04 2006 at 12:14pm

Yup Sherrie, it was me that has slippage issues with my short pieces near the top.  The only thing that I can contribute it to is that I tend to play with those pieces more, and maybe when I am conditioning my hair some gets on.  Not enough to remove it, but maybe after time is just breaks down the adhesive.

My bottom row was just as tight when I removed my first intall as when I first put it in, I also had slippage with that row when I used LG.

I am completely sold on this stuff, compared to LG, it is a breeze to install but better yet, wait until you take it down.  1/2 hr removal time, that is even with my super snarls on my top 2 rows!!  Can't beat that in my opinion.

Date Posted: February 04 2006 at 2:12pm

Jodicline:   I take a bit of my own hair above and below the weft, and a small strand from the end of the weft and put it all together in a shrinkie.  So, it's kind of like the end of the weft is sandwiched in my hair and the shrinkie holds it all together.  It really keeps those bottom wefts from slipping.

LG = Liquid Gold.  Amm sells it on her site.

Posted By: jodicline
Date Posted: February 04 2006 at 3:40pm

Thanks!  I think I'm going to try the elite indian remy and color it.  Can any hairstylist color it to match my hair?  Can I color it so that it is highlighted or do I need it to be all one color?  In the lush I use color # 10, 16, and 18 in order to match my natural hair.  Any suggestions?

Date Posted: February 09 2006 at 7:44pm

4 week update...well here we are at the 4 week mark with the Bohyme/Protac install and all I can say is WOW...Im impressed!

The only thing Ive had to do is to use a little liquid gold on the very top, short wefts on my sides (below part). I tacked them down with a little LG and a bit over the top of the tape to sandwich the hairs back over the tape. And thats it....all the rest are still very secure. They do feel as if they are slightly further away from my roots than what LG bonded wefts would be at 4 weeks. But they feel more securely attached than the LG would feel at this distance from the roots.  As for the Bohyme...it looks wonderful...heres tonights pictures (looks pretty good for being done 12 hours ago!)

I will update again at 5 weeks, since I know that it will last at least another week!

Date Posted: February 09 2006 at 11:32pm
Sher - Wow...your hair is gorgeous!  Cute top too...

-------------

Date Posted: February 17 2006 at 6:56pm

ok...another week... another update! I know this thread may be getting old...but I just want to give a really thorough review on the wear time of this pro-tac. It kinda helps everyone to know what to expect as the tape starts to break down. In my 4th week update I had to fix the very top short side rows with LG. Just a little LG to sandwich the hair back down to the top of the tape. Well this week I had to do the top full row. The tape itself is still very secure. And most of the rows at this point the top of the tape is at least somewhat exposed. (The hair sandwiched over the tape is no longer stuck to the tape.) But the rest of the rows dont concern me, it was just the top row that could become visable that I felt needed a little fixing. I can feel the stickiness of the tape a little more. I think less hair is actually stuck to the tapes. But I guess thats to be expected at 5 weeks. Although they are still very secure.

I have absolutely ZERO matting at the bond area. This is the first and ONLY method that Ive not had at least a little tangling or matting near the bonded area. Im not sure about this, but my thoughts are that as the tape starts to break down, some of the hairs become unstuck to the tape...and results in less tangling or matting at the bond area.  

Im in serious need of a root job....so Im not sure if Ill let it go for another week or re-do on Sunday...will update when I do a removal!

Posted By: Syren123
Date Posted: February 17 2006 at 9:40pm
go Sherrie...go Sherrie...go Sherrie...

Posted By: LuvSherriesHair
Date Posted: February 19 2006 at 1:57pm

Hi Sherrie!

I just Love your hair (lol u saw my nick) and I want to use the same method but with the kinda hair that's here:

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39816&KW=curly+long - http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39816 &KW=curly+long

just because it looks the most like my hair and now im wondering exactly what i need to do something with "pro-tac method". I live in sweden so i would love if you gave some sites that ship internationally  I cant wait to do the same, but maybe longer, as you!  I went to indianhairs.com but didnt exactly know where to go to find the hair i want and see prices.. mayeb you know?

Another question, im not so good with the english terms of the hair so if you could say exactly what terms i need to look for. You didnt use strand by strand but you bought hair thats on a long straight line that u cut yourself, right? And all I need is hair on long line + LG and tape, right?

Hope you can help me with my questions! Caant wait to extend my hair

-------------
//Swedish girl ;P

Date Posted: February 19 2006 at 3:40pm

Hi LSH...wow Im *blushing*! Thank you for the compliment...I never think my hair is that great, and I also envy and love some of the other girls hair! LOL.

As far as the indianhair...hmmm Im assuming you are a blonde too? If your a blonde, the indianhair experience I had wasnt so good...and some of the others here didnt have good experiences with the RK hair (which was the double drawn hair from a another site that indianhairs used to own) The darker hair on the other hand, got some good reviews. I believe it was the single drawn that everyone had better luck with.

Im not sure about which companies ship to Sweden, maybe one of the other board members can answer that.

The term your looking for is 'weft'. The hair that you use that is on a track is a weft of hair. All you need is the pro-tac tape and the wefts of hair. The LG isnt necessary but I like to have it on hand for little touch ups!

Date Posted: February 19 2006 at 5:44pm

Naww in my opinion it Is great

I'm actually born in sweden but my parent are persian so I have semi-thick dark curls, and when i brush my hair it gets wavy. So the indian would suit me the best.. I wish someone could direct me to some good indianhair site 'cause the indianhairs.com i went to perhaps costed too much, cause i need 8 oz and 1 oz costs more than 40 dollars :s i want Long hair, so im like Omg. no. hahah.

Ive also seen some other hairs for ex on afrocare.com and i chose one of the longest and all in all it would cost me less than 100 dollars but i would prefer the indianhair. =)

Aha now i know. I always thought that was what weft means but wasnt sure. we have a word in swedish for it too :P.

Where do you buy your pro tac tape? and i wonder if anybody has ever tried using double-sided tape for putting in wefts hehe. cause theyre sooo sticky and would stay in your hair foreever.. but im guessing that idea would be a huge mistake ;|

hehe. Nicee seeing how quick you answered me. Im off drinking some soy milk, hope moderators see my hair-questions too :)

-------------
//Swedish girl ;P

Posted By: Naked Eye
Date Posted: February 19 2006 at 10:44pm
OMG, BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so excited to try all of this, I can't even explain.

So HOW on earth do you get those beautiful curls in your hair? How long
does that take?? I can't curl my natural hair, and I can't even curl the
extensions!! Well, when I do, it sure doesn't look like THAT!!!

Am I curling retarded??

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: February 19 2006 at 10:57pm

LSH- Maybe you read the prices wrong.I just bought 1 lb( or 16 ounces!) for $240.That included shipping.And I got 24". Indianhairs actually has really good prices for virgin indian hair.Most places charge as much as I paid for 8 ounces.And shipping would be extra.

But I'm not reccomending it,cause I havent worn it yet.Plus there arent many reviews of it yet.I just hope it doesnt turn out like r.k.

If you want hair that is guaranteed to be good i'd get Amms elite remy.I'd order it,but I cant afford it,lol.

-------------

Date Posted: February 20 2006 at 8:07am

LHD oh I see now. After going to the onlinestore part of the site I saw that I pay per LB.. pound?

I dont need that much. Hmm, the perfect thing would be if there is any other site that buys them in LB's and sells per 100g. I need 200 grams for a full head ive heard and is it still true, if i want to use this Super long indian hair? =)

Im thinking about saving up money and buying an LB like you. Wonder how much the shipping would cost to sweden. Ill check it again! Really want this. :)

How do you revive? do you use conditioner? and if u do, wont the hair stay in ur hair shorter time if the top is smoother.. maybe you only use the conditioner in the length? -smiles- 

I'll check the site again. Just scared that they will rip me off or something and there i stand and lost 300 dollars :P

I think the part that freaked me out is where it says on indianhairs.com that they wont take hair back or something like that.

-------------
//Swedish girl ;P

Date Posted: February 20 2006 at 8:15am

Alright now i have looked through the site and im wonderning (because im not used to the hair-terms in english) what kind of hair i should buy.

I looked at http://indianhairs.com/onlinestores.html - http://indianhairs.com/onlinestores.html

and i want Curly long hair, and see 3 different kinds. Please tell me if im wrong :) and the 3 i see are:

NATURAL CURLY HAND WEAVING
NATURAL CURLY HAIR BRAIDS
NATURAL CURLY MACHINE WEAVING

And are these hair-forms curly?
REMY DOUBLE DRAWN BULK
REMY DOUBLE DRAWN MACHINE WEAVING
REMY DOUBLE DRAWN HAND WEAVING

Thank you for your help. :)
i didnt really understand what they meant and on some they dont have pictures.

-------------
//Swedish girl ;P

Date Posted: February 20 2006 at 8:21am
well you dont want the braid, becuase thats bulk loose hair. And if you are planning to install with pro-tac tape then you would want the machine weft. Seems to hold better with tape than the hand weaving/handtied wefts. I think from what others have posted, the single drawn is better quality. The double drawn was a poorer quality...at least for lighter colored hair. Darker colors had better experiences with the double drawn.

Date Posted: February 20 2006 at 8:24am
by the way if your hair is darker in color. I would definitely recommend the elite remy from http://www.shrinkies.net - www.shrinkies.net and you can also buy the pro-tac tape there too. But Im not sure if she is shipping internationally. You would need to email her to ask.

Date Posted: February 20 2006 at 8:28am

Aha alright. Thanks for the quick answer! SO now I have narrowed it down to either

*Natural curly machine weaving
26" (65 cms) = 305.00 us dollars

or

*REMY DOUBLE DRAWN MACHINE WEAVING
 32" (80 cms) = 275.00 us dollars

Just a question. Whats the difference between these 2? is the remy double drawn machine weaving, CURLy hair? thats what i want. :) and they dont have apicture =(

-------------
//Swedish girl ;P

Date Posted: February 20 2006 at 8:53am

I looked through the shrinkies site and after checking it out, and on the 1st page its in red/yellowi think it was it said that she doesnt ship internationally, however i think ordering from indianhairs.com would cost me less, even though i will be buying the double amount that i need, but i can sell half of the hair i buy, so it wont cost me too much. The only 'bad' part of it will be to revive it but i can look through the forum and find tips and tricks of how to do it (=

Now i just need to know which one to buy.

*Natural curly machine weaving
26" (65 cms) = 305.00 us dollars

or

*REMY DOUBLE DRAWN MACHINE WEAVING
 32" (80 cms) = 275.00 us dollars

Just so you know my natural hair is Curly, and im persian. Not african curls, but like http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e334/shirini7/ep81_carrie_in_club.jpg - http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e334/shirini7/ep81_carrie_ in_club.jpg

and http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e334/shirini7/shirini.gif - http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e334/shirini7/shirini.gif

-------------
//Swedish girl ;P

Date Posted: February 25 2006 at 10:22pm

Heres my final update on this thread. Its been 6 weeks and I was ready for a re-do...my roots were an absolute mess (need color touch up badly) and the tapes were hanging over an inch from my head so it was time! The tape was still very secure and could have lasted alot longer.

The pro-tac held up wonderfully....absolutely the easiest DIY method out there. The only problem I had with this method, is that for me with my fine hair, is that most of the hair on the top of the tape came loose after a couple of weeks exposing the top of the tape. The only rows that Im concerned about the exposed tape is the top rows.

As you know I used LG to sandwich the hair back to the tape, and had an absolute mess getting those tapes out..which I posted in this thread http://www.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40548&PN=1 - http://www.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40548& amp; amp; amp;PN=1

To remove, I used pantene intense conditioning mask (really thick) on all but the top rows. I put the conditioner on and let it sit for about 30 minutes and the wefts and tapes came out quite easily. I ran the weft under warm water washing the conditioner off and was able to pull the tape off the wefts leaving no residue or tape on the wefts. It took a little work but all the tape came off. No goo no gumminess.

Im sold on the pro-tac and will reinstall with pro-tac again. The triple wefts held up fine too, but the few rows that were triple wefted did hang slightly further away from my head than the ones that were double wefted. So maybe the extra weight makes the tapes slide a bit faster.

The only thing I will do differently with the next install is that I wont use pro-tac on my top row and short side rows, due to the visiblity issue. I will use LG ONLY ( LOL) and bond the top row! NO Pro-tac/ LG combo!

Posted By: corpuskristen
Date Posted: February 26 2006 at 1:29pm
Sherrie I almost used LG on my protac too! I had problems with my hair staying on top of the weft too but just decided to ignore it for the last week and chose creative styling. But to my absolute horror I think sandwiching the weft caused breakage on that thin layer on top. Does anyone think the tapes would stay alright if I cut the protac in half and didn't fold it over the weft?

Date Posted: February 26 2006 at 1:36pm

I think the wefts will hold fine without sandwiching it. This tape is some strong stuff. 

Personally its too visable for me to NOT sandwich. I will try it this time with cutting the tape in half and NO I WONT use LG to touch up again once the tape starts to become visable....Ill just remove and reinstall the top row when that happens! Or Ill just use LG alone to bond my top row...not sure yet!

Posted By: kristie m
Date Posted: February 26 2006 at 4:18pm
My Pro-Tac/Elite Remy installation has been in almost four weeks. All the
lower wefts are still very firmly in place.

I too have had problems keeping the top two wefts in place. I've had to
re-do (with fresh Pro-Tac) the second to top and top side weft once, and
the top small piece in the back almost every time I shampoo. Personally, I
don't find this a major problem as it takes about a minute to fix.

I've now also got a layer of individual strands with shrinkies along the
very top around almost to the back, as well. I'm planning on taking
everything down in week or two, using only conditioner. For my next
install, I'm going to double all but the top layers of weft and put them in
in three pieces rather than all the way around my head.

I'm not sure what to do about the top layer, though -- I'm getting some
silicon-lined microrings this week and may try to do my top layer with
microring individual strands. The shrinkies just are too bumpy and
visible in my fine hair. Alternatively, I may try gluing the top layer with
LG. I know I'm going to get this top-layer thing figured out...however,
worst case scenario, having to take those two rows of weft out and
reattaching them after two weeks does give me a great opportunity to
touch up my roots where they're most visible.

Sherrie, Amm's remover gets the LG off your hair and the wefts pretty
well, doesn't it, as long as it isn't combined with Pro-Tac? (Your take-
down sound like it was brutal...glad you got all the tape out of your hair!)

Date Posted: February 26 2006 at 6:03pm

Kristie M,  be careful with the LG on the top wefts.  The glue turns a light tan color when it sets and it is not invisible.  It's fine for blondes, but for us brunettes, it can show through, especially if your hair is fine and thin.

I'm still wondering if the silicone lined micro-rings will hold on slippery fine straight hair or if they will slip out.

-------------
Hair type: 1a/f/i

Date Posted: February 26 2006 at 6:33pm
Yeah, I am concerned about the LG turning light and being obvious in my
dark hair. If I go this route for the top wefts I will only put it on the
underside of the weft. I'll let you know, Monsterita, when I put those
microrings in whether they stay well in slippery hair.

Date Posted: February 26 2006 at 7:09pm

ahhh good point about the LG in darker colors of hair. I never have to worry about the color of LG since Im blonde. If you can get your hands on ChrissyV glue thats some really good stuff, and comes in colors...and also removes so easily. But is expensive!

yes the orange oil will remove LG but it takes longer to work, and my skin and scalp is sometimes sensitive to the orange oil and it irritates/burns my skin....so I use acetone on LG

Date Posted: February 26 2006 at 7:30pm
Sherrie,

Thanks for the information! I just ordered Chrissy V bonding glue in dark
brown. It WAS expensive -- order came to over $70 including bond
remover and shipping. But if the system works, I'll be thrilled! Reading
the information on the site, it sounds perfect for fine, thin hair. I'll keep
y'all posted on the results.

The website can be found at: www.chrissyv.com

Date Posted: February 26 2006 at 8:20pm
ouch I wish I had known you were going to order....the remover is just acetone.

Date Posted: February 26 2006 at 8:22pm
it is an excellent glue....I used to use it all the time, but switched to LG for the price. Actually LG holds slightly better in my opinion, but the ChrissyV is by far easier to remove!

Posted By: shel221
Date Posted: February 27 2006 at 1:29pm

Woah Sherrie thats stunning! your arms must have been killing you, lol.

xx

-------------

Print Page | Close Window