Print Page | Close Window

Prevent children from dog attacks

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Friendship Forum
Forum Description: Make friends, post about off topics unrelated to hair or beauty but please keep it friendly.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=39278
Printed Date: April 28 2024 at 1:35pm

Topic: Prevent children from dog attacks
Posted By: Sunduster
Subject: Prevent children from dog attacks
Date Posted: January 20 2006 at 2:30pm

Nearly 60 % of our children are bitten yearly. Here are some things that could prevent it.

Don't Run - Stay Still.  When someone runs, it's an automatic response for a dog to chase. Teach your child to stop in his tracks, and not move.

Don't stare in dogs eyes.  Pay him no never - minds. This can be threatening to a dog who will likely attack.

Try a command. Many dogs will respond to a simple command such as "Sit" or " No". Teach your child to say the command in a firm but low voice. If the dogs obeys the command then your child can move slowly away.

If your child is too scared to do any of the above. Teach him or her to quickly lie face down and cup his or her hands behind the neck. Make sure the forearms and elbows are over the ears. This will cover up all sensitive area. Then the dog will probably sniff and walk away.

Replies:
Posted By: Slipknothartgir
Date Posted: October 19 2007 at 4:04pm
My friend has a Bitbull & she has a 7 month old.I think tehy shouldn't keep him.Those dogr r dangeruous.Alot of people disagree with me about those dogs.I have known & heard of children getten bite my those dogs.I don't know how to tell my friend.She thinks because the dog is gonna grow up with the baby.That she'll be ok.There r some many cases of people that get bite by their own dog.By the dog turning on them.I know I wouldn't have a dog like that aroind my son.I won't go over to my friends.

Posted By: michellelee
Date Posted: January 08 2008 at 11:32am
Hello ,nearly 11 years ago our little girl was attacked by a mixed breed medium sized dog that wanted her popsickle when she was 4 years old .Sadly she took over 60 stiches in her face and massive damage to her eye and nose .The dog ran off and we never found it (it was  a stray) even with our law inforcement and community looking for it night and day . My daughter had to undergo a series of many rabies shots at that time as well. Today she is almost 15 and still has noticable scars to her face we hope plastic surgery can help to smooth some .She is not afraid of dogs as we have 2( st. bernard and a yellow lab ) But even after all this time she has never forgotten that day .

-------------
Be the person your dog thinks you are

Posted By: jenifer12
Date Posted: November 02 2009 at 12:57am
Thanks for this advisable tips.It will really helpful for all the kids to prevent from he attack.I will definitely follow this tips for my kids.

-------------

Posted By: michaelhoffman
Date Posted: May 12 2010 at 2:30am
< ="CONTENT-" content="text/; charset=utf-8"> < name="GENERATOR" content="Office.org 3.1 (Linux)"> < ="text/">

Dogs and small children should never be left together unsupervised. No matter how good natured the dog is, a dangerous situation could develop if the dog is hurt, frightened, cornered or feels threatened. Children must not hug and kiss dogs. Many bites on children’s faces result from the child trying to hug a dog.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window