Print Page | Close Window

Hairspray for massage

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=39638
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 2:25pm

Topic: Hairspray for massage
Posted By: dude20
Subject: Hairspray for massage
Date Posted: February 01 2006 at 7:06pm
The plastic bottle hairspray, not the aerosal can...For instance, doves flexible hold, has basically alcohol and silk amino acids(important aminos in it)...Would this help one's hair grow faster if they massaged it every night, instead of spending like $25 on say curetage or bronson day spa product?

Replies:
Posted By: letmecount123
Date Posted: February 01 2006 at 10:20pm
My biochem prof let us know that amino acids in shampoos and conditions really don't do ANYTHING for hair.

He explained it as, "You can scatter a bunch of bricks around a construction site, but the building is never going to build itself."

Or something along those lines...

Other than that, I really don't know much about hair growth. I don't think anything you put ON your hair would really help it because growth happens in your body... so you'd be better off looking at some of the vitamin posts?

-------------

Date Posted: February 02 2006 at 5:14pm
Does that even make sense cuz you're feeding the root, and taking vitamins, it don't go exactly to root.

Posted By: letmecount123
Date Posted: February 02 2006 at 5:18pm
No, it doesn't go directly to the root.

But in order for your hair to grow, it needs the building blocks IN your body so your body can put them where they need to go...ie: to the root of your hair.

-------------

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: February 02 2006 at 7:11pm

Massaging that stuff into your scalp would clog your follicles, which would probably slow down growth. I'd step away from the hairspray massages.

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Date Posted: February 04 2006 at 3:23pm
Yeah, well what about stuff like rogaine, it has been clinically proven, and you have to put it on scalp and massage. Them vitamins could be sent to waste...How can they go to your hair?

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: February 04 2006 at 4:33pm

I think the ingredients make a difference. Hair hold products such as sprays, mousses, gels, etc.... are not meant for application on the scalp. (and the ingredients are usually drying or irritating to most scalps).

Holly is right: you'd be better off eating a balanced diet because healthy hair grows from within. 

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: tdouty
Date Posted: February 06 2006 at 10:42am
WOW, Letmecount123!  Your hair looks fabulous!!  I hadn't been here for a bit and just noticed your new signature picture.  It looks so soft and shiny!  Whatever hair routine you're using is working! 

-------------

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008

Print Page | Close Window