Print Page | Close Window

Your Hair Shop runs a bad business

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=39687
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 3:55am

Topic: Your Hair Shop runs a bad business
Posted By: tjoh99
Subject: Your Hair Shop runs a bad business
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 7:03am
I've had an ongoing dispute that I feel important to share with everyone, because it's actually the only thing I can do to voice my injustice.

I ordered DLUX hair from Kristen in the shoelace tip. As you all know she hasn't updated her site to reflect that she does carry them. She even mentioned in this forum to just specify at the time of order that you wanted to shoelace tip and she would send that. I sent her $200 via paypal for the DLux hair,  and sent her an email specifying that I wanted the shoelace tipped hair.

She sent me the keratin Utips and claimed I never notified her that I wanted otherwise. I forwarded her the emails I sent to her and she then went on to say that it wasn't her problem and I should have specified in the paypal comments the type of hair I wanted (note her paypal account is not configured to accept comments at the time you place an order..you click what you want..it goes into the basket, you check out and bam, it's done..which is why I sent an email RIGHT after paying her specifying that I needed the shoelace stick hair for shrinkies). I also explained to her that I had an event I needed the hair for...I let her know this from the start. I tried to the very last minute to get the right hair from her. I even paid $75 to send a courier to pick up usable hair from her home where she runs her business from (with her permission). When the courier showed up, she didn't answer the door so they left...and I still got stuck with the charge...and still no hair. I had no other choice but to go to a local shop and buy hair at double the price so I could go to my going away at Disney (for my last day/ I'm leaving the company)  party with hair on my head. So now I'm down $350 for hair and $75 for the courier AND the shipping I had to pay to send the wrong hair back to Kristen AND the original $200 I paid her for the wrong hair (she now STILL has).

I wrote her and said I just wanted my money back since she had her merchandise back. She flat out "no" and then didn't respond to me. I had no other choice but to dispute the charge via paypal...I stated the facts...that she has my money, I have no hair...I want my money back. Reasonable right? No. Kristen used the original delivery information on the wrong hair she sent me the first time to "prove" to paypal that I had "received" the merchandise. She left out that I sent it back to her and she now has the merchandise and I have nothing.

She even sent me an email threatening me that if I closed the paypal dispute she would CONSIDER giving me a store credit, but if I didn't close it she would keep my money as punishment for being difficult. If you would like to see this email for yourself, I would be happy to forward to you directly.

So long story short, yourhairshop.com has $200 of my money and I have nothing. She lied, tried to threaten me with my own money to drop the dispute.

I know it's likely she will respond here and tell you a different story, but at least I know in my heart I spoke the truth. I hope this may spare at least one of you what I've been through.

Kristen, you won. You stole my $200 dollars and didn't even have to give me anything for it. Awesome for you huh? You are a liar, unethical, immoral, and a bully.

I might not be able to force you to give it back to me, at least I know that I'm a good person and would NEVER EVER do what you've done to me to anyone. I work very hard for my money and for you to just keep it and not send me anything is just wrong.

So there you have it. At least I'm an honest person and spoke the truth. Do with it what you will. I'll likely be banned from here for badmouthing a resident bully, but whatever. And to think I thought she was nice and helpful.

Good luck ladies, keep an eye on your wallets and ALWAYS buy the paypal money back gaurentee.

Replies:
Posted By: Amanda8Beechwoo
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 7:25am
Oh my god that's terrible!  I'm shocked!

-------------
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]

Posted By: pinkparadise42
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 7:44am

Wow, me too!

I thought she seemed like a really sweet person on here!

I ordered from her shrinkies, and received them without a problem.

My only problem with the shrinkies was that they did not work.  I did a full head install, which took forever and then within a day they all slipped right out.  Some of them melted funny too.  I had my wand on low heat too and they still split right down the center.

I am sticking with shrinkies.net for products.  Their shrinkies, as well as other items were all perfect and I couldn't have asked for more from a company!

Posted By: gsmilie
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 8:00am

OMG!!!  I am so sorry that you have had to deal with this.  It just goes to show that when money is involved people will just get down and dirty!!!

Hopefully she will see this post and get a clue that you can't treat customers like that and get away with it.

I truely belive in Karma, what comes around, goes around.

I would still pursue the paypal issue, you deserve your money back!!  Do you have any shipping reciepts and delivery confermations that you sent the hair back?

Good luck and keep us posted.

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 9:24am

Yeah defintly keep us posted!

That is SO ridiculous!  It is good you are making people aware of this issue, hopefully people will think twice before shopping there, if that is the way they run a business!

Posted By: Aphrodite
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 10:33am

Yikes - I can't help but think there must be a terrible misunderstanding going on here...

I recently purchased some D-Lux in shoelace style ( and,by the way, there is a comments section in paypal to write specifics about your request as I used it to request shoelace tips...) and received it fast with no issues.  I have never had a bad experience with YourHairShop, or with Kristin.  This is what makes me think there must be some misunderstanding.  I hope things get cleared up.

-------------

Posted By: Naked Eye
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:19am
Yikes! Yeah, I hope this all was a misunderstanding. I would hate to think
ANYONE on here would say or act like that. But, bottom line, if she has
your money, you have NO product, she isn't just being *mean* she's
stealing. It's not at her discretion if you get something or you don't.
That's ILLEGAL!! Haha, if you take a shirt back to the gap they don't get to
CHOOSE if they want to give you something or not!!

Ugh, sorry to hear all this though. The last thing anyone needs is drama
when just trying to buy hair, especially for a specific event. Keep us
updated

Posted By: frantic463
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:22am

yea..  i did the same as aphrodite and specified in the comment box and i got the shoelace tips ok..

but i hope everything works out...

im sure you'll work it out! best of luck though.. i hope everything gets settled amicably !

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:45am
Another thing I forgot, I also ordered the shrinkies with no adhesive from yourhairshop.com before, spent so much time putting those things in and they slid out in 3 days!

I'm just so livid someone stole money from me

Here is a snippet from her email to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: YourHairShop.com [ http://us.f315.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=info@YourHairShop.com - mailto:info@YourHairShop.com ]
Sent: Wed 2/1/2006 2:00 PM
To: Orourke, Trina
Subject: RE: Refund?

If you continue with your Paypal buyer complaint and it is granted in our favor we will no longer offer you your $200 store credit for
putting us through that. If you drop your Paypal complaint we will be more
than happy to offer you your $200 towards anything we sell and we can even
ship it out to you today.

Sincerely,

YourHairShop.com

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:53am

That is SO ridiculous!

I have to agree with you on the shrinkies, they really suck and I would never order them from there again.  Mine all fell out within a day if they didn't split when I was heating them.

I am really astounded by that email!  Something like that is stealing, as it was mentioned before, she doesn't have the right to decide how and if she will refund you.

Looks like this is a business that won't be lasting long.....

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:55am
Oh and by the way, she slammed shrinkies.net hair for being cheap and poor quality and reassured me that she hears it from SO many people that come to her for better products. I have this in email as well if anyone would like to see that. I wrote her asking for a sample of the dlux hair after a lush install didn't work well for me (which I was open and honest about and communicated my experience also in the forum in I feel a factual/neutral way).

Sorry if I seem like a bitter bitch. I am at the moment. I just want people to know what a 2 faced, unprofessional asshole she is.

Posted By: kristie m
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:59am
Woah!

Trina, thank you SO much for your posts about this. It was gutsy of you
to be willing to tell your story here. I can't imagine that you would be
banned for posting the truth.

I too am a So Cal person, and am becoming interested in having my
extensions done professionally once my hair grows a bit more. There are
several extensionsists who post on this board; I will end up choosing
amongst them, I'm sure. I am most particular about the professionals I
rely on, whether it be for cosmetology services or medical or dental care.
Being a good extensionist isn't enough for me -- I want someone who is
decent and ethical as a businessperson as well. I do so appreciate your
alerting me about the business practices of someone I was considering
for my extension needs.

Posted By: sarytyr
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:00pm
She may have some say concerning HOW the refund is handled, but definately does not have the right to say WHETHER the refund will be given, that would be fraud and theft.

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:02pm
Oh forgot gsmilie

I do have the shipping receipt from when I sent it back to her. For some reason paypal sided with her without even asking me for backing doc*ments. I don't have a signed delvery confirmation, but I do have emails from her stating that she got the hair back from me.

I'm going to call and try to talk with a manager to explain my situation and see what they can do.

I'm also looking into small claims court.

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:03pm
Your right Sarytyr, I worded that wrong!!!

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:07pm
Hi kristie m,

I haven't gone to tangles myself yet, but she seems like a very ethical business woman. Her prices are VERY VERY fair, especialy if you bring in your own supplies. I'm in hollywood right at Franklin & Vine and she's only about 45 min from me. Not too far at all if your in the LA area.

When you're ready, I would look into her services. She's a very nice lady

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:10pm

It is NEVER a good idea to threaten a customer, especially if the customer has a legitimate complaint, that is simply unprofessional! 

Posted By: kristie m
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:11pm
Yep, I'm thinking Tangles is the one. I'm in North Orange County,
probably 30 mins. from her when there is no traffic. I've been more than
impressed so far by her feedback. It is great that you can bring your own
supplies to save money, too. Thanks for the confirmation that I'm making
a good choice!

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:25pm

Originally posted by tjoh99 tjoh99 wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: YourHairShop.com [ http://us.f315.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=info@YourHairShop.com - mailto:info@YourHairShop.com ]
Sent: Wed 2/1/2006 2:00 PM
To: Orourke, Trina
Subject: RE: Refund?

If you continue with your Paypal buyer complaint and it is granted in our favor we will no longer offer you your $200 store credit for
putting us through that. If you drop your Paypal complaint we will be more
than happy to offer you your $200 towards anything we sell and we can even
ship it out to you today.

Sincerely,

YourHairShop.com

That is just wrong, wrong, wrong!!!!

She should be bending over backwards trying to get the right product to you, and making sure that you are happy.  The highest compliment is a referal.  A store closer would be to act the way she is acting now!!

You just can't treat people in the way that she is treating you, not only is it bad business, but it is bad KARMA!!!

Good luck!!

Posted By: Cali-Kristin
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:27pm

I did and still do have some packs of the shoelace tips but they were picked up rather quickly by some of our local salons in the area which is why I never added them to the site. Many of you did order them from me and you WERE able to write that you wanted them in shoelace tip in the comment section of you order just as 'frantic' snd 'aphrodite' confirmed above. I do not understand how she is the only one who would have been unable to make a comment in her order- it's not as if the format of the site changes from peoson to person. 

tjoh99 did order 2 packs of the D-LUX hair in kera-tip with no comment on her order about changing them to shoelace tips. She did send an email out to us to correct her mistake of not specifying it in her order but her subject line in her email said nothing about her order or it needing to be changed. On our 'contact us' page the very first option is 'click here to contact us about making a change to your order' that option will automatically enter the subject line 'making a change to an order' It's not necessary that you contact us this way but it is there to help us sift through emails. If the subject line would have mentioned anything about a order it would have been opened and processed immediately. When we print out all packing slips each morning we scan all of our emails to make sure no one had needed anything canceled or changed and nothing was seen that day due to her subject line not reflecting her email. I don't have a chance to get back to 30 emails before I pack and ship all orders so if you've got something important to say it would be a good idea to at least put a note of it in the subject line. Her order was shipped out first thing in the morning and her email was not read until later that evening. I have apologized many times for not catching this for her but I had given her specific instructions to add it in the comment section of her order as many of you did so her order would arrive correctly.

She contacted me via email letting me know the color of the hair was wrong and she was sending it back to exchange it for another color. I replied that i would be looking for it to arrive. It came quickly by mail and I emailed her to let her know I had recieved it and to let me know what I could ship her back out so I could ship it out that same day. She mentioned that she was only about 45minutes away and that she wanted to send someone to pick it up that same day. I shouldn't have allowed her to try this because whoever she sent was unable to find us (the door can be tricky to find here in our building but this is not my fault). Please note if she would have allowed me to ship it to her I would have re-shipped it out for free and she would have had it the next day. She blames me that she paid someone $75 to come pick it up and that she came back empty handed- we were here all day so there is no reason they should have come back with nothing.

She said she didn't want to pay to have the person come back by so to please ship it to her. I replied 'no problem, please just confirm what you'd like.' I got a return email that stated 'I just went and bought some hair at a beauty supply store-  please refund my money'. I wrote her back and reminded her of our policy that we do not offer refunds and that she is more than welcome to keep her credit with us or have us ship her out anything else with her credit. Our policy is written on both of our online shop pages very bluntly and it is also written on each and every packing slip so she is more than aware that we no not offer refunds, just exchanges. She responded by filing a Paypal claim. I had nothing to do with the claim and I had nothing to do with the response that was given for my side of the claim- Paypal automatically pulled the shipping information and never gave me a any 'respond to seller' option. I sent her many emails telling her we have a policy for a reason and just because you bought hair elsewhere did not change our policy. We were and still are more than willing to offer her an exchange.

If she would just let me know what she wanted I would package it up and ship it this very second but she has chosen not to. When you buy from a online shop you agree to their policy and many sites do not even offer an exchange like we do. I have always been more than helpful to each and every one of you and I tried over MANY emails to resolve this with her as she threatens to take me to small claims.

Tjoh99 you still have $200 credit- If you'd just tell me what you want I'd get it out to you right away. If you don't tell me what you want I will ship you out exactly what you sent back to me in an effort to resolve this.

It's a very sad situation and I'm sorry it was brought out to the boards for all to read but please know that we have sent her many emails asking lettign her know she has $200 credit and she can choose whatever she wants from the shop and we will even ship it to her for free.

~Kristin

-------------
http://www.YourHairShop.com - www.YourHairShop.com

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:34pm

I NEVER have slammed Shrinkies.net and there's no way I ever could have- I have not tried any of her products. You are obviously trying to start something and it's eally not fair. Tangles and I have talked about Shrinies.net over IM and she can confirm that I've never said anything bad about the company. Many emails come in about how D-LUX compare to Lush and I've always replied that I have not had a chance to try the Lush so I don't know. MANY of you who have PM'ed me can more than verify that.

As for the email she copy and pasted above I wrote her back and apologized for that sounding bad with this last email I wrote her:

I'm sorry that what I said did come out badly as I'm re-reading it and I take full responsibility for that. I intend on giving you back you original order immediately if Paypal decides in my favor. As I will be sending it immediately- I am just sticking to the policy and you have 21 days from placing your order to exchange any items and since no item has been specified you will be shipped back your original order and you won't get the $200 credit for something else. I'm sorry the way it was written poorly in the last email, I have no intention of taking/keeping your money without delivering your product back to you in perfect condition.

We sold about 15 packs of stick hair to people off the boards who and ALL of them made a note of it in their order as I specified for them and you to do. All of those orders were orders for them were shipped out with in 24 hours and done exactly as specified to do. I never said 'just drop me an email' it was ALWAYS 'please write it in the comment section of your order'. Also, under our contact page the very first option is to click there to contact us about 'making a change to your order'. If you would have clicked on that your email would have been given an automatic subject line 'Making a change to an order' we check for these every morning while printing out our packing slips and your email did not come with a subject line saying anything about making a change to your order so it was EASILY overlooked and not read until that evening. Please go back and check your email to us where you wanted to change your order- your subject said nothing about being changed and it was therefore accidentally overlooked. We get about 20-30 emails a day If I'm sure many businesses do. Subject lines are there to describe what your email is about and if something was said to the effect of making a change to your order it would have been opened and processed immediately.

We strive to keep our customers happy by bluntly listing our policies and having a lightening fast turn around time on orders. This is all done to keep you the buyer happy. To do this all of our orders must be packaged and shipped by 11am before my clients arrive for their appointments so we scan the emails for any important ones ('making a change to an order' 'please cancel my order' or something to that effect), process and ship out the orders, and then I get on with my clients. After we got the orders shipped I work on clients for another 7-8 hours, then come back answer our many daily emails, give free advice to those on the boards as a favor to anyone interested in extensions, then I have about 30 minutes of downtime before I go to bed to start the whole day over. It's freaking exhausting and a large percentage of it I do for free to those who have never or will never be a customer of mine. We are very busy around here and we do our best to offer free help, demos, and some of the lowest priced extension products on the entire web. All that we ask is that when people order from us that they read the policy and agree to it as they order- it's there to resolve conflicts as this.

We were never tardy with our emails and you must admit your making a change to your order could have been done a little more effectively by at least filling in the subject line with the subject of your email. We are still willing to allow you to pick out something else from the shop up to your $200 and even ship it to you for free. Heck you could even sell whatever you got on Ebay- I don’t care. The bottom line is that we shipped you what you ordered, were never tardy on emails (responding in less than 24 hours is extremely quick for any business), and have tried hard to resolve this with you. If you do not wish to resolve this please continue with your Paypal case and they can resolve it for us.

Sincerely,

YourHairShop.com

-------------

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:36pm
All that was meant by that is that she is not telling me what she wants so I have no choice but to send her back her original order which would not give her a chance to use her $200 credit for something else. I don't want to keep her products so what am I supposed to do if she does not tell me what she wants???? I have no choice but to send back her original order.

-------------

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 1:28pm

Kristin,

Glad to hear your side of things and that the statement about keeping the $200 was corrected and apologized for.

As Dr. Phil says "No matter how flat you make a pancake, it still has 2 sides!"

-------------

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 2:00pm

Ok first off, I take responsibility for not commenting in the actual papal order. As soon as it went through I thought "uh oh" so I sent an email immediately after. Whether or not I put the correct subject line in the email, I did communicate what I wanted to you. It's not my fault you don't read your emails in a timely basis and overwork yourself to exhaustion. Regardless, I received the wrong product. If you want to place blame on my for not communicating with you in the most convenient way for Kristen, fine.

I sent it back because it was the wrong hair, not the wrong color. When I saw the hair all together I thought it was slightly more brown than I had hoped and since I had to send it back anyway, asked if there was a redder option. I want to be clear that I was not "exchanging" anything. If it had been the right hair in the first place, I would have just thrown a red glosser on it and installed in time for my event.

As for your "policy" there is nothing during the buying process that required me to initial or click "I agree to these terms" which legally in the courtroom isn't going to stand, but that's besides the point.

You are wrong. Bottom line is that you shipped me the WRONG product and feel unaccountable because I didn't communicate my request in the most convenient way for you.

You shipped me the wrong product, I sent it back at my own charge like an idiot.

You provided papal with FALSE information/proof that merchandise was delivered to me which we both know is a lie because I sent it back to you.

I am an educated, professional woman with impeccable ethics in business. Sometimes in business, there are times when we have to make exceptions when there is a miscommunication that is partly our own fault. You have your merchandise, unopened and brand new. There is no reason as to why you wouldn't refund me my money with the exception alone that you just wanted to corner a customer that’s already paid you money.

I said it before, and I'll say it again I want you to keep that money and don't even think about sending my the wrong product or any product for that matter.

The only thing I want back is my money and I'm going to give you until Monday to do so and let us part ways amicably.

If I do not have my money refunded to me, the sheriff will be serving you with papers for a small claims lawsuit and on the advice of my father who happens to be an attorney. I am suing you for the following:

-The original cost of my purchase $200

-The cost of the courier in an attempt to collect merchandise in a timely manner $75

-The different in hair I had to buy locally as a result of negligence $150

-The cost of the shipping I spent sending the wrong product back to you $4.25

-The original shipping fees I paid for $9.99

-It's a long shot but I'm going to tack on mental anguish as well in the amount advised to me by my father

And don't you for one second think that people aren't smart enough to realize the only reason you're willing to send me anything now is because I aired a very nasty side of you. I appreciate your attempt to redeem yourself though.

And if you deliver product to me, I'm going to bring it back to you in person and continue to do so until we go to court.

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 2:14pm

This is plain rediculous.I have ordered different things from kristin and have always had exceptional service and speed.Plus for everyone disappointed with the glue-free shrinkies.Join the club.Noone has had good luck with them.They just dont work without glue.I dont care if there from kristins site or even amms site.THEY DONT WORK.If you do a search on them people have been trying them forever with no luck.

And Kristin has been on this board a long time.And never before has anyone had any complaints about her business ethics until now.I think it can be chalked up to a misunderstanding.I'm sorry that you are out so much money tjoh,but she is still offering to send your hair even after being slandered on the board.Maybe take her up on it.Just my two cents.

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 2:32pm

I agree the personal attacks are getting out of hand.  I know though, that things can get intense when there is cash involved.

Unfortunately for Kristin, I just looked at her website and I couldn't find anywhere that states a policy of no refunds on any products. It only explains the policies concerning payment, shipping and exchanges. 

-------------

Posted By: lilmountaingrrl
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by tjoh99 tjoh99 wrote:

As for your "policy" there is nothing during the buying process that required me to initial or click "I agree to these terms" which legally in the courtroom isn't going to stand, but that's besides the point......

If I do not have my money refunded to me, the sheriff will be serving you with papers for a small claims lawsuit and on the advice of my father who happens to be an attorney. I am suing you for the following:

-The original cost of my purchase $200

-The cost of the courier in an attempt to collect merchandise in a timely manner $75

-The different in hair I had to buy locally as a result of negligence $150

-The cost of the shipping I spent sending the wrong product back to you $4.25

-The original shipping fees I paid for $9.99

-It's a long shot but I'm going to tack on mental anguish as well in the amount advised to me by my father

And if you deliver product to me, I'm going to bring it back to you in person and continue to do so until we go to court.

First of all, I know for a fact that a website's policies & terms do stand on their own. You dont have to click anything or sign anything when placing an order to show that you accept their terms.....  when you place an order through them, and send money- that is showing that you either accepted their terms, or just plain did'nt read them.

There is one thing I tell everyone that orders online....  it's easy to take a screen-shot of the website's terms & policies page. Not only will all their policies & info be there as evidence, but just as importantly a date and time will be provided too. This covers not only the web owner's backside, but often also the consumer's as well. 

My husband breeds exotic reptiles and sells the captive-bred babies, and often he's had to place orders for breeding stock online.  He always takes a screen-shot of the website's policies to make sure they cant alter their terms or conditions after a transaction, in case things go sour. Twice he's had animals shipped dead-on-arrival, and luckily he had screen-shots of the terms & policies to back his cause.

I know the reptile business is completely different from buying hair extension hair online....  one thing I do know from doing my own hair extensions and having to buy supplies online-  no businesses I've ever dealt with accept returns on hair. I believe it's a health related policy. I'm sure someone can elaborate further on this. I've boughten hair from Sally's Beauty Supply, as well, and they always tell me when making my purchase that they dont accept returns.

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 2:47pm

Here's the terms I found on the site: 

Return Policy-

-All unused/unopened items may be exchanged with the exception of clip-in hair pieces for health reasons.

-All exchanged items  must be sent back with a postmark dated no later than 21 days after the date your items were purchased online. No exceptions.

-Please send all exchanged items with delivery confirmation. We are not responsible for any Packages that are not received.

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 2:57pm

Lilmountaingirl, you bring up some good points, but even in the return policy you copy and pasted there is still nothing that says, NO returns!  That is the whole thing that Trina is getting at.

She isn't saying she wants to exchange it, which is all you posted about.  She is saying she wants a refund of her money and there isn't anything in there saying you can't return the hair.

I have seen places on Ebay where people are selling hair and they say in their auction or store, "Due to the nature of this product, we cannot except returns."  Just because this is something that is probably a well known policy doesn't mean it should not be CLEARLY stated in the website.

If there is nothing on Your Hair Shops website stating that then Trina has every right to be saying what she is saying.  If it hasn't been pointed out on the website then how would she know she couldn't get a refund.

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 3:00pm

Yep, live and learn on both sides.  The words "no refund" cannot be found.  It is not reasonable to expect the consumer to make the assumptions based on similar businesses or that there are no refunds simply because the policy does not cover the subject.  The policy needs to be clear and stated somewhere on the website even if it a link or button to the doc*ment. 

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 3:09pm

Pinkparadise42, I guess we were on the same wavelength.  I was replying the same time as you!

At this point $200 is a small amount for Kristin to pay to resolve this matter and to update the website.  It is my opinion that is all she owes Trina.

-------------

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 3:12pm

Sarytyr I couldn't have said it better myself!

:)

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 3:24pm

I know I couldnt find the words "no returns" on the yourhairshop website, but I thought I'd post what I found anyways.... it goes to show what is AND what isn't stated on the site.

What I'm wondering is this:  was the packages of hair opened? If they were once the buyer recieved them, then yourhairshop's terms might apply. This is what Kristen says on her site:  "-All unused/unopened items may be exchanged with the exception of clip-in hair pieces for health reasons"

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 3:42pm

You do bring up a great point and although Tjoh99 never mentioned that my policy was unclear or anything to that effect I would have refunded her immediately if she would have brough that to my attention. You're right that my site does say you may exchange any unused/unopened products but it does not clearly say 'no refunds' which I will add. Although I believe that Tjou99 understood exactly what was meant by the policy due to the fact that it was not the basis of her claim it is enough for me to now be inclined to refund her on that basis.

Let it be known that I will update my policy with a blunt 'no refunds- exchange only' information and please know that I will ALWAYS stand by my policy no matter what.

Tjoh99 you will recieve your $200 back shortly- you should give a huge thanks to lilmountaingirl who brought up some good information on that my policy could have been written clearer. I thank you too lilmountaingirl as I probably wouldn't have noticed either.

~Kristin

-------------

Posted By: monsterita
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 3:45pm

I think this is a bad situation that arose just out of miscommunication.  It's too bad.  I can see both sides.

I don't think Paypal consistently places that comment box on it's order checkout form.  Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.  It might be a browser issue.  I don't know.

As a mediator and lawyer, I think that probably Kristen's site is clear enough regarding their return policy.  I also don't think a court would award the cost of the replacement hair (tjoh99 needed hair, got hair, and actually spent less elsewhere) or the courier (that was an expense that tjoh99 chose to incur and would have incurred even if the exchange had been successfully completed at that point).  I think the shipping charges are also a stretch.  Given Kristen's policy as it is stated, the court would probably side with Kristen.  For emotional distress to fly, there would have to be proven intent to cause distress that resulted in a real injury along the lines of creating a need for mental health counseling.

I would recommend that Kristen clarify her policy regarding whether or not she will refund shipping charges and whether she will reimburse shipping for returned items.  Most mail-order companies do that.

Finally, the mediator in me would suggest that Kristen, just this once, offer to refund the $200 for hair and the $9.99 for shipping.  Kristen will be out $9.99 but will have the hair.

For tjoh99, I would recommend that you incur the $150 hair cost and the $75 courier cost as well as the $4.25 return shipping cost.  Tjoh99 will actually then only be out $29.25 total.   

I know this situation sucks for both of you and that you're both angry and frustrated, but I hope that you will both take a step to resolve this amicably. 

I would hate to see ongoing feuds ruin the supportive atmosphere of this board.

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 3:46pm

Transaction Details

< id=myAllTextSubmitID = name="">

Refund (ID #9XM72420LB411133E)
In reference to: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history-details&info=XxixpCajkmIFjR3sFo5-VrmkvNHCjGZ56lDbbYsAK-koz_vqm30e6Ap4bha&history_cache=&search_trans_id= - 71589191LU242570D

Original Transaction
 Date  Type  Status  Details  Gross  Fee  Net
 Jan. 18, 2006  Payment From Trina O'Rourke  Partially Refunded   https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history-details&info=XxixpCajkmIFjR3sFo5-VrmkvNHCjGZ56lDbbYsAK-koz_vqm30e6Ap4bha&history_cache= - Details $237.30 USD  -$7.18 USD  $230.12 USD 

Related Transactions
 Date  Type  Status  Details  Gross  Fee  Net
 Feb. 1, 2006  Temporary Hold For Buyer Dispute  Removed   https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history-details&info=6uujJeXXwxHzqEh1S_cFpb5vHvzdcA2AAI_sVwM5petBXjI3BOin4ftsnKK&history_cache= - Details -$231.33 USD  $1.21 USD  -$230.12 USD 
 Feb. 3, 2006  Update From Reversal  Cancelled   https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history-details&info=LANmlwSBrPRHIcT8y9mKcLbT3DvRgC4e_fCK6pvQfmogvzJ2zHSx1JKCgwO&history_cache= - Details $230.12 USD  $0.00 USD  $230.12 USD 
 Feb. 3, 2006  Refund To Trina O'Rourke  Completed  ... -$205.95 USD  $5.97 USD  -$199.98 USD 

Name:
Trina O'Rourke    
Email:
tjoh_99@yahoo.com

Total Amount:
-$205.95 USD
Fee Amount:
$5.97 USD
Net Amount:
-$199.98 USD

Date:
Feb. 3, 2006
Time:
13:46:05 PST
Completed 

-------------

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 3:55pm
Thanks monsterita, you have some wonderful advice. I watch court TV all the time and I'm sure my policy was clear enough to have upheld in court but it could have been even clearer as mentioned above by lilmountaingilr so I used that as the basis to refund her for the hair. The rest of her claims are ridiculous so she won't get anymore than the cost of the hair. She had other items that she kept which is why she did not recieve a full refund incase anyone is wondering.

-------------

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 3:59pm
Kristin, that's great and good for you to re-state that you stand behind your policies.  Customers must also educate themselves and ask questions if they are unclear of site policies.  I am glad that you will update your site to protect yourself.  Please be sure to seek legal advice on your final policies.  We want you to stay in business!

-------------

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by CaliforniaKristin CaliforniaKristin wrote:

You do bring up a great point and although Tjoh99 never mentioned that my policy was unclear or anything to that effect I would have refunded her immediately if she would have brough that to my attention. You're right that my site does say you may exchange any unused/unopened products but it does not clearly say 'no refunds' which I will add. Although I believe that Tjou99 understood exactly what was meant by the policy due to the fact that it was not the basis of her claim it is enough for me to now be inclined to refund her on that basis.

Let it be known that I will update my policy with a blunt 'no refunds- exchange only' information and please know that I will ALWAYS stand by my policy no matter what.

Tjoh99 you will recieve your $200 back shortly- you should give a huge thanks to lilmountaingirl who brought up some good information on that my policy could have been written clearer. I thank you too lilmountaingirl as I probably wouldn't have noticed either.

~Kristin

Kristen,

I posted what the terms on your website said, because it didnt say anything about returns, much less anything about returns even being allowed. You did mention exchanges on unopened/unused packages, though.... which led me to feel that if I was the one doing the ordering from your site I would have assumed returns were'nt offered, but in some instances exchanges would be honored- if the criteria you mentioned were met.  I hope this makes sense.... 

From all my experience buying hair extension supplies, I have never bought any hair that was returnable, or even exchangable. Maybe that's why I automatically thought from reading your site's terms that returns were out of the question.

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 4:12pm
Monsterita, you are an outstanding mediator!

-------------

Posted By: amm
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by CaliforniaKristin CaliforniaKristin wrote:

I NEVER have slammed Shrinkies.net and there's no way I ever could have- I have not tried any of her products.

You don't really want to go there with me now, do you?

-------------
http://shrinkies.net - Extension Supplies & Virgin Brazilian Hair

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 4:57pm
What does that mean?

-------------
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]

Posted By: Syren123
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 5:08pm

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 5:11pm
I love Oolong. I love what he stands for. I love pancakes.

He soothes me.

But not this time, I'm afraid.

-------------

Posted By: Syren123
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 5:13pm
He also wears waffles:

I love Oolong, too.
His message is simple:
"Chill."

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 5:46pm

Is there a full moon outside?

I'll put a pancake and a waffle on my cat if it will help.  :-)

Posted By: Hairprincess
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 5:48pm

I dont understand what Amm meant by her first comment. Please explain.

As for this whole little mis understanding. I dont think going on a board and posting horrible names about someone when it was both sides partial fault is right. I try to think of the shoes of the seller as well. Kristin is probably very busy and if someone wants to be a nice person and make life easy and not run into problems, be as clear and co-operative as possible. I dont think she can read minds and obviously she cant read every email sent when its sent....no one will have their hair...hello!!! lol!

I havent bought any hair yet but so far I have not heard one thing bad said about Kristin and just because there was one little mis understanding and it was blown out of poportion I dont think she should be slammed for this. There is always two sides to every story...everyone knows that. And I know her policy does not state "NO REFUNDS" but its pretty clear and mostly common sense that is says exchanged. I'm glad that it will be changed for those petty people out there that liketo find any little loop hole to get out of their own mistake though.

I just want to say that I hope everyone doesnt think differently about someone just because of anothers opinion.

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 5:53pm
Honestly, I had this vision of Amm, Kristen, and Tangles doing lunch at some in LA cafe sitting among the celebrities at the good hair table.

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 6:09pm
I'm happy this was all just solved.

It's good that this once Kristin returned the money. But, also, I don't agree
with how Kristin handled the situation (but we all chalked that up to a
miscommunication) I know sometimes when I type stuff to people I sound
mean or bitter, when I don't mean to.

And tjoh99, in my opinion, was right for coming here and telling her case,
and brave. That's what we all do, talk about the good and bad on here, so
we all can be informed.

So atleast we are all clear now on Kristin's policies on returning hair!

Now I just hope everyone can breathe and we can go back to a happy
board without hostility!

Posted By: Hairprincess
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 6:10pm
Monsterita - ME TOO!!!! Please tell me this is true, I would hate to think that they dont actually like eachother!! See this is what happens when people start comments about others just to get back at them. I hate how tjoh99 had to put a stupid comment in there to make people turn on eachother. It had nothing to do with her hair order or anything...it was so not called for.

Posted By: Aphrodite
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 6:32pm
  Let's please let this go to the "thread graveyard" and move on.....

-------------

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 7:23pm

I would just like to add a big KUDOS of Kristin.  Yes it was probably a bitter pill to swallow, but I think that you did it very eloquently.

Of everything that was said about this whole situation, I feel that Kristen was not completly at fault.  It was a huge miscommmunication, and just got blown out of control right from the start.  I do agree with tjoh about the email regarding PayPal, it was very threating, but what she failed to mention was that Kristin did email her back apoligizing that it came off that way.

I can see both sides of the issue.  I hope everyone can get past this.

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 7:27pm
Regardless if some of you agreed with me, or disagreed with me, I'm still glad you voiced your thoughts.

Was I trying to stir the pot with that "comment"? Perhaps. I was angry for being threatened and then seeing how innocent this was made to seem.

I am glad that I was able to get my money back. That's all I wanted from the start. I'm sorry it had to come to this, but I'm honestly feel that if I didn't come here and kick up a bunch of dust, I would have never seen that money. So thank you for providing me a place to be heard.

For the record, I had ordered Lush hair and some shrinkies and asked if I could return them. When it was explained to me why she wouldn't take a return because of someone once swapping them out, I totally understood and did the next best thing and offered my items for sale here without saying a bad word about it. It was the way things were handled with yourhairshop that upset me.

The Lush hair didn't work for me, but maybe it was a bad batch...the hard water in hollywood or something. I can say that the shrinkies from shrinkies.net were awesome and held perfectly. The remover is kick butt and a great deal! I also ordered the proflex tape and installed boyhme hair from the local shop I had to buy from last minute (boyhme hair is SO NICE!!)...I choose this method for the time constraints alone and I must say that I am VERY pleased with the results. The hair is lovely and this tape is awesome..so light and invisible!

So there you have it.

I will happily lay a flower on the grave of this dead thread and harbor no grudges.

Thank you all for your feedback and support.

And lastly, thank you Kristen for reconsidering and refunding my money.

Posted By: Kalika
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 8:17pm

Hi.  Maybe its just me but... am I the only one that remembered nail hair can be turned into shoelace hair very simply, and vice versa?

Ahh well, we all live and learn, glad that conflict got sorted out.

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 9:45pm
No,i thought the same thing Kalika.Heat and roll,lol.I'm glad the problem was resolved.i hate it when there's problems on the board.This board can be such a fun place at times.But its times like this that make me want to take an extended leave of absence.

Posted By: tbctbc
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 10:10pm

My own take on everything...I dont run any business with hair (I just buy that:))...but I do sell dolls online, so I've had my experiences...

As a seller...and I feel that most of the people on here who sell hair (including Kristin) really value their customers, and love the products that they are selling.  All of them...amm, amanda, tangles, kristin help us diyers at no cost to us on this board...anyone that donates their time like that is someone who is cares about the hair and the customers...

Sometimes things happen, my opinion is that the original situation was no ones fault.  However, once the original thing went wrong, then tensions seemed to mount exponentially - especially with the courier thing (which was not necessary).  Its easy to write a quick email that isnt the nicest on both sides, and everyone gets defensive when they get something like that...something that you would never say to a person if you were dealing directly with them...

but with any business - especially if it is obvious that everything is starting as a misunderstanding...its really best to deal with it privately - for example, many people will read the first post on this topic, and think bad things about Kristin, without reading through everything else...and thats really sad...

That being said, as a seller of "stuff"...I feel uncomfortable with how it was approached on this board.  It does seem like it could have been handled without that.  These kinda things (as someone who sells myself) turn my stomach, because most sellers really do want their customers happy...

Anyways, best to you both, glad it was resolved...I love all the hair around here...and the pros who donate their time and expertise to help me

PS - Love your Oolong, and the idea behind him...here's my donation (this is my new puppy:))...dont have any waffles:

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 10:36pm
Awww....cute puppy, but no Oolong

Posted By: sherrie215
Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 10:47pm

I guess its time for my kittens!

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:13pm

This ones my favorite...

*edited to add the WTF cat*

Date Posted: February 03 2006 at 11:20pm
WTF.....I LOVE that one....LMAO

Date Posted: February 04 2006 at 6:14am

Number 3 ate the prozac!

lol x

-------------

Date Posted: February 04 2006 at 6:24am
LOL....I think WTF cat is the grown up prozac kitty!

Date Posted: February 04 2006 at 6:29am
lol x

-------------

Date Posted: February 05 2006 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Kalika Kalika wrote:

Hi. Maybe its just me but... am I the only one that remembered nail hair can be turned into shoelace hair very simply, and vice versa?

Ahh well, we all live and learn, glad that conflict got sorted out.

You can make stick hair out of it but I'd only use it for ring installs, myself.

Keratin fusion hair should be used for fusion. It's a gooey mess when used under tubing.

To wit: http://shrinkies.net/keratin.htm - http://shrinkies.net/keratin.htm

Those sploogey glue blobs will get above and below the shrink tubing and right into your hair.

-------------

Date Posted: February 05 2006 at 7:53am

oh wow, that is alot of excess glue squeezing out of the shrink tubes. And I could see how it would make a difficult removal.

When I 'have' rolled the nail tips into stick tips, I trim down the nail tip and then squeeze out as much excess glue as possible before rolling them into stick tips. It works if you are in a pinch and need to turn nail tip into stick tip hair, but the removal is a little more difficult and time consuming.

Date Posted: February 05 2006 at 10:01am

Thanks Amm!!

I would definately hate to remove that mess!!

Date Posted: February 05 2006 at 10:10am
Just like I described in the other thread about the non-adhesive shrinkies, this is what holds the shrinkie in place, not the tubing x

-------------

Date Posted: February 05 2006 at 2:19pm

WAY cool Demo...

Date Posted: February 05 2006 at 7:31pm
Ok yikes, I didnt think the glue would get that bad.

Date Posted: February 06 2006 at 4:14am
I certainly wouldn't want that in my hair lol x

-------------

Date Posted: February 07 2006 at 10:41am
*Now* I understand why my shrinkies removal was so horrible!

Print Page | Close Window