Print Page | Close Window

Horse shampoo

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=40103
Printed Date: May 01 2024 at 5:38pm

Topic: Horse shampoo
Posted By: horselover_1625
Subject: Horse shampoo
Date Posted: February 13 2006 at 9:12pm
I have a question......I have had several people tell me that horse shampoo stimulates growth...I haven't actually tried it yet. I was wondering if others had tried it and what kind of results they got. The ones that told me about it though, said to stay away from horse conditioner...it does something to your hair that you don't necessarily want it to! Anyways, my hair hasn't grown in awhile that I can tell. It's already past my rear end and it's very thick, so I don't want it to grow a whole lot more.....just wondering if it could have possibly stopped growing already!!! I did just trim it a few days ago...about an inch or so, but it's been that length for a pretty long time....it's only grown about four or five inches since, like, four or five years ago....that's an inch a year (sorry! I'm sure ya'll are pretty good at math and are able to figure it out on your own!);it's just that if my hair was growing at the normal rate, it would have been longer, right? Oh, and does trimming your hair help it to grow faster? When I was in fifth grade (looonnggg time ago!), this girl told me she was going to get her hair trimmed  and cut off the dead ends so her hair would grow faster....just wondered! I haven't trimmed my hair very much....the last time was like the fourth time in my entire life....okay, I was just wondering about the horse shampoo! Hopefully my hair isn't done growing!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!

Replies:
Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: February 14 2006 at 4:40am

HI horselover :)  I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about horse shampoo...except to say that you should probably read the ingredients before using it on your hair.

As for trimming your ends....it won't make your hair grow faster, however if your ends are damaged then it will improve the look and feel and prevent the splits from travelling upwards. 

Could you post a pic of your hair...it sounds just gorgeous!

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: February 14 2006 at 7:24am
I do believe I saw your picture on the other board, your hair looks great!  Hair does go through lag periods where it rests for awhile.  It will probably start growing again. 

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Date Posted: February 14 2006 at 11:24am

http://photo-origin.tickle.com/image/67/3/0/O/67308938O713396459.jpg">MS, family & friends, dogs '06, piano re

Hey, here's a pic of my hair, missrini!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: February 14 2006 at 4:42pm
Wow, horselover, really beautiful hair!

-------------

Date Posted: February 14 2006 at 5:25pm

Woah!!!!!!!!!!!!  Awesome hair   That is one beautiful head of hair! So thick, and healthy looking......sumptuous!

Serious hair envy here

-------------

Posted By: laststar
Date Posted: February 15 2006 at 6:12pm
Wow Horselover, Your hair is heavenly, I sure hope I
can get close someday. Your hair could be just stalling
a while, don't give up.

-------------
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist

Date Posted: February 17 2006 at 3:19pm

Yea, thanx!

Thank you guys so much for your nice comments on my hair! I appreciate it very much and hope you guys get there someday, too!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: February 17 2006 at 6:35pm

In the words of Grover, "Holy Guacamole!"

Your hair is marvelous.....

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: cmesweet
Date Posted: February 18 2006 at 8:06pm

Wow, your hair looks very healthy and beautiful. 

Speaking of the other board...is it up and running yet. I've been wanting to post in my journal . Maybe it's just my computer.

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: February 19 2006 at 2:30pm
That's a beautiful head of hair you've got, horselover! 

-------------

Date Posted: February 20 2006 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

In the words of Grover, "Holy Guacamole!"

Your hair is marvelous.....

Anais

I hope you don't get embarrassed by my saying this, Anais....I just wanted you to know that I admire you very much and I think you are pretty wise when it comes to hair...I noticed while looking at other forums and such that you have alot of advice to give others and I wish I had half as much! Keep growing your hair b/c long hair looks good on you!  

Thanks to everyone else for their nice compliments on my hair...Dave, your hair is really nice, too!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Date Posted: February 20 2006 at 9:33pm

Thank you so much Horselover, that really made my day!  (It's been a rough day going to the ER, pharmacy, etc) I learned so much from being here with our community, and various communities. It's really awesome that you've joined us. Any more of your marvelous hair or horse photos, I'd be happy to see.

Take care and brightest blessings
Anais

-------------

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: February 20 2006 at 11:19pm

Sorry for going off topic, but Anais - I hope you are feeling better. Take good care and hang in there. I second what Horselover said - you are great, no AMAZING, and a terrific inspiration on this Board. Thank you. Big hug to you Anais -

-------------

Date Posted: February 21 2006 at 4:25am
Hope your ear heals real fast! Remember to eat lots of organic yoghurt to counteract those nasty antibiotics

-------------

Date Posted: February 21 2006 at 9:42am

Thanks gals  I went and bought 2 pints of yogurt this weekend.

Anais

-------------

Date Posted: February 21 2006 at 1:05pm

Hey, I hope you feel better soon, Anais! I've almost forgotten what it feels like to be feeling bad because I haven't been sick since 2002...very blessed, I know. Of course I've had a cold like 3 times maybe...and I consider that to be very good since I've never had a shot or taken medicine of any kind in my life...anyways, hope you get to feelin' better!

Hugs ,

~Ranita~

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 1:49am

Totally off topic ... heeheheheh

Ranita, we must be distant cousins.  I tried my first pain-reliever only five years ago. And the only other time I ever take pills is antibiotics during UTIs.... But I don't take anything OTC, presc, and only honeybee extracts for allergies. Been sick once or twice in the last decade (WOohoOo)

Anais

-------------

Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 6:36pm
Hey, wouldn't that be neat??!! I don't even know all of my relatives and just saw my first cousins for the second time in my life....the first time was when I was three! I know that I have a sixth cousin out in Arizona (but it's a guy, so it's not you!) Where do you live? (if you don't mind telling me!) WWWAaaayyy off topic!!!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Date Posted: February 24 2006 at 1:12pm
So, nobody knows anything about using horse shampoo? I'm talking about stuff like Mane & Tail that can be got at Wal-Mart, I think. Just wondering if it really does speed up growth without damaging your hair.

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Date Posted: February 24 2006 at 3:18pm

It can be used for humans, and for many people it works wonderfully. Unfortunately it doesn't do anything for growth rate.

Anais 

-------------

Posted By: smithH
Date Posted: March 26 2006 at 9:08am
I am currently using Mane N Tail, I have been using it for a week now, just the regular shampoo. I have gotten great resukts followed by a good conditioner. I have noticed that my hair feels thicker, I have noticed new growth already, and my roots are growing in much stronger.

-------------
Hair Type 2/B

Posted By: Impaler Vlad
Date Posted: March 26 2006 at 9:33am
Hello, little lady, it sounds like a good ideea for humans, too! I remember reading something about Shania Twain using some sort of cream or conditioner (don't remember exactly what product) made for... cows! And she's got a great mane of hair! BTW, so do you!

-------------
Mark Edward Arthur Mac Arran Blackrose

Date Posted: March 26 2006 at 3:52pm
Thanks...smithH, sounds like using it would be worth a shot. Thanks for your encouraging statement!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Date Posted: March 28 2006 at 6:01pm
Has anyone else ever thought about using it? Like, sort of with the jello thing? Ya know, test the jello for a month (another post on this board), why not test the horse shampoo for a month?! I've heard that the conditioner isn't good for your hair, though. Anyways.....

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Print Page | Close Window