Print Page | Close Window

How to comb from ends to roots?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: African American Hair
Forum Name: African American Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of African Americans.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=40348
Printed Date: May 06 2024 at 2:06pm

Topic: How to comb from ends to roots?
Posted By: R2D2inoz
Subject: How to comb from ends to roots?
Date Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:29pm

Hi all,

I see a lot of people recommend combing from the ends to the roots.  How is that done?  I'm sure that if I did that my hair would tangle as it is fairly long.

Can someone explain? 

Thanks!

-------------
Natural 10 years
3b/4a armpit length hair

Replies:
Posted By: BabyImaStarr
Date Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:42pm
I believe it means to comb the ends first working your way up after each pass.  Basically, if your hair were wet, for example, detangle the ends first then move up a little higher and detangle that bit and continue this until you reach your roots.  This is what I took it to mean.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.  HTH!

-------------
http://public.fotki.com/babyimastarr

Posted By: deexox
Date Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:47pm
It's really simple. Part youe hair in as many sections needed. Add a moisterizer to you hair (to loosen up the tangles). Then with a wide tooth comb,comb thru your hair starting from the ends. If the comb gets stuck, separate your hair and try again until hair is un tangled at the ends. Then work your way up and cob thru what you already combed.

-------------
Hair Type- 4a/b *transitioning front of my head*
Length-ranges from 5-7 inches =)
Products- Garnier Fructis S & S Poo, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Conditioner and Cantu-Leave in =)

Posted By: R2D2inoz
Date Posted: February 20 2006 at 6:38pm

Ohhhh!  Lightbulb goes on.  Thanks for that.  I thought it meant doing the one long sweep but in reverse starting from the ends and thought how can someone possibly do that!

Duh - I'm blonde.

-------------
Natural 10 years
3b/4a armpit length hair

Print Page | Close Window