Print Page | Close Window

Rini

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=40361
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 12:44pm

Topic: Rini
Posted By: PurpleBubba
Subject: Rini
Date Posted: February 21 2006 at 10:30am
I just wanted to let you know that I did read what you wrote in the thread I started at LHC. You wrote about planning to let your kids choose because of my story.

-------------

http://s7.invisionfree.com/The_Hair_Care_Family/index.php?showtopic=12 - My Journal

Replies:
Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 4:31am

Hey Purplebubba

That was a little while ago! But yes, I found your story very interesting from my perspective too as I have only sons (no daughters) and just automatically thought that they would (and should) have short hair.  I routinely cut it with the clippers at the moment (they are 4 years old and almost 2 years old), but when they get older I will make sure I ask them what they would like their hair to look like. It is their hair after all....not mine! 

Motherhood is so full of guilt anyway, I try to learn as much as I can from other parents and also from other adults who can recall memories, both good and bad, from childhood which have affected their lives today. I want to do the best I can for my boys

So thank you for sharing your experience with us!

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 1:34pm

I think thats cool your going to let them choose rini.I feel the same way.Right now I cut my sons hair too,as they are both to little to take care of it.but as soon as they can they can have whatever hair they want.I never understood why some parents felt so strongly about how their kids hair looked.

I had this friend in school and her mom would keep her hair in a short pixie cut.She had to wear it like that until high school!And I've known people who werent allowed to cut their hair.i guess I'll never understand.

-------------

Posted By: enfys
Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 1:42pm

I remember a discussion about this from many moons ago.  It got quite heated

As I don't have or want kids, it's not my place to judge what parents do - because I certainly couldn't do what they do lol - but I think you just have to do what's best for the kiddies.  Once they can say what they want and look after themselves a bit better you need to give little people a chance to express themselves.  If they really want long hair don't cut it and upset them.  I suppose some people don't like to think of children as little people, they want to think of them as little versions of themselves.  I don't know

(I didn't read the LHC posts yet btw)

(And I'm sure you are all good parents regardless of your kids haircuts )

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea - http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some

Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 4:15pm
Longhairdreams...you have sons too right? I wonder if we would feel the same way if we had a daughter? I think I would like my daughter to have long hair, and would be sad if she wanted to cut it short. I suppose I would let her, but I'd try and talk her out of it   I think I'd be more likely to consider a daughter as a little version of me (enfys).  I do see my sons as "little men".

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: February 23 2006 at 1:26pm

Yes,I have 2 boys like you rini.One is 5 months the other is 2yrs.

Your right I love long hair on little girls.But I also remember how fun it was to go get my haircut when I was little.It might be better for her if it was shorter,since it will be less hair for me to mess with.I'm a notorious hair toucher and ruffler..I'm forever messing up my husbands long hair.And my 2 yr old has enough hair that his gets ruffed up alot too,lol.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window