Print Page | Close Window

Dry hair

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=40456
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 12:31pm

Topic: Dry hair
Posted By: horselover_1625
Subject: Dry hair
Date Posted: February 23 2006 at 7:42pm
Hi! The weather here has been beserk...it always is ! But anyways, it's not really winter, so it's not cold... well, kinda on and off. We have lots of wind and I'm outside alot so the wind probably has fun doing all kinds of stuff to my hair and it's drying my hair out plus it's kinda losing it's shine. I try to wash it every other day and I'm sure that some of it is normal (weather and all), but to finally get to my question! What would help restore it? Is washing it every day okay even if my hair's not use to it? Please reply!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!

Replies:
Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: February 23 2006 at 8:35pm
Ranita,

Do you ever restrain (braid, bun) your hair when it's windy?  The wind (and dry weather) can dry your hair out, depriving it of moisture.  And as you say "it's kinda losing its shine" and you wash every other day, you may be stripping away too much of the natural oils.  Try diluting your shampoo in a plastic bottle with a restricted flow tip (reusing an old shampoo bottle works well for me).  And focus the shampoo on the scalp and the hair near it; there's usually no need to apply shampoo to the length.  You might even be able to stretch the time between shampoo to 3 days or maybe even twice per week.

-------------

Date Posted: February 23 2006 at 8:53pm
Sometimes I'll braid it....I know this sounds kinda stupid...lazy, even?...I just don't take the time to braid it... it wouldn't take that long to braid. I don't know...maybe I'm a clean freak...I can go about four days w/out it looking greasy or dirty, but that doesn't mean it don't feel dirty! So I don't know if I could do the twice a week thing...I will try diluting my shampoo, though. Is it okay to use conditioner everytime you shampoo?   Thanks for your help!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Posted By: dancingbarefoot
Date Posted: February 23 2006 at 11:51pm
You definitely should use conditioner every time you shampoo, because the
shampoo strips the natural oils away. The oils are there because nature
intended them to be, so without them, you need conditioning.

For me, the detangling time after being out in the wind would far outweigh
any time I'd spend braiding it.

-------------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: February 27 2006 at 7:13pm
Ditto everything DBF said.

BTW DBF, how's that color holding up?

-------------

Date Posted: February 27 2006 at 8:11pm
Thanks, ya'll. It helped...well, I am beginning to see a difference already!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Print Page | Close Window